Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Options

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    I got hit in BoP by someone with the best handle I've seen in MPQ. Absolutely worth the 17 points I lost just to know that person is out there.
    If you were allowed to write the in game name in your post, would you still get edited with a warning about inappropriate/suggestive language?
    I don't think so. But it did involve mention of a non-hetero sexuality, so maybe?
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I never play PVP for placement. I climb to the 900 cover and shield out. 

With like 8 and change hours left I jumped into BOP and climbed to like 950 on the treadmill before work and shielded out.  I think I was around 5th, which normallly when that happens, other late climbers knock me to T25.  I just turned on the game to two Winter Soldier covers! Ended up third!  Very cool since I forgot I even played the event today. 
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Finished in 4th place in CL8 in Fight for Wakanda, good for three covers of BP. Then I decided to make one last ditch attempt at getting my 2/3/5 Gambit covered. In 18 pulls, I got a GladiaThor, an Archangel, and three Gambit covers (two blacks and a red). I've already got the request into CS to swap the two black covers for a red and purple, which means he should end up at 3/5/5. I'll likely wait a bit before champing him though. I'm in a pretty good spot with just one 5* champ right now. Plus, I'm expecting another nerf (a real one this time) for him sooner rather than later.

The best part is I only had one 4* cover that wasn't immediately useful (a 14th cover for MEHulk, but Bucky and Rulk are on the clock ahead of him for champing purposes). And I should still have about 46 pulls to chase Gho5t Rider, since he'll likely be the required 5* in the event after Venom Bomb. I really wasn't expecting to even have that chance.
  • Style55
    Style55 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Best moment of the day? 

Being done with that horrid Wakanda event. I was on track to place between 7-9th place overall but couldn't care less on the placement for the third and final event and didn't bother to do the 4-7th clears. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sneak into top 20 in Wakanda PvE even though I performed poorly. I got myself 2 4* BP covers.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

As I was in 6th Place when the end of Fly-Fight-Win approached I decided to break shield at the end and see if I could get into the top 5 for an extra Black Panther cover. I had a team I could beat fairly fast lined up, so I waited until the 3 minute mark to start - I knew it was cutting it Close, but going out too early is risky too. I was able to win the fight right Before the end, and got 5th Place, and I also got two hits that bounced of my shield, so I am very happy I didn't break earlier...

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    StevO-J said:
    Fight for Wakanda sub 3, 5* essential mission: I'm playing 1/2/2 lvl. 255 Thor, champed Gamora and Nightcrawler. 4th time so the opposing team is lvl. 380 (CL8). When going in my Gamora is about 1/3 health but was already 1/2 health when I did this mission the first time, so I will risk a retreat and the health packs associated with that, Thor has about 1/2 health and NC is at almost 100%.

Well, AI lucks into a few crits after I have gotten to 9 black and Sentry puts down his big strike tile... I'm getting into trouble now. My 9 black turn into 6/6 purple special tiles, but on the AI move a 7th purple falls, yeah... this is typical behaviour, but I can play Thor green and yellow and I can hope for a few protect tiles in the coming turns.

Protect tiles take almost too long, this is red alert now... after 3 more turns in which I gather more purple in an attempt to trigger Gamora's passive Thor is now at 8 (yes, single digit) health, Gamora at about 1500 and Nightcrawler at about 85%. I'm now seriously considering a tactical retreat, but figure "What the heck... I'm already using health packs when this is over, might as well see where this leads." AI is at about 3/4 health, Ultron at about 4k.

At this point 1 match with Thor will lead to him being downed, so some careful play is needed. Gather more black and purple, some red cascades for me (yay!) and Thor collects some green with his passive. AI matches Thors yellow, so now my protects turn to strikes, right as I get 12 green at the start of my turn. Bingo! Play Gamora's black, Thor's green, Ultron down, have enough red to down Sentry with Gamora's red. Just Daken remaining and I have 14+ purple, NC purple leads to more black twice and some crits and now Daken is at about 1200 health, one more match and I win. Awesome!

Then I remember I have 3 tokens to open what I think of as the 3 2*s of the day. Second token flashes gold... 4* BP red...  :o this must be my lucky day indeed!
    This right here is why we play this game. Awesome story!
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    4* Bonus Hero yielded my 14th Wasp cover, meaning she's champ-eligible, so that'll be #30 for me once I earn the necessary ISO. I'm about 20K short I think so it shouldn't take that long. And I've been looking forward to having her champed for a while since I always find her such a pain to fight.
  • TheHungryPet
    TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Pulling a black IMHB from Heroic Token after a string of red covers. No cover waste yet and 5/3/4 distribution makes that very unlikely to happen.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pulling a black IMHB from Heroic Token after a string of red covers. No cover waste yet and 5/3/4 distribution makes that very unlikely to happen.

Oh jeez, why did you go and say that? It's the equivalent of showing a picture of a loved one in a horror movie, except rather than a gruesome end, you are going to be faced with another 5 x red covers on the bounce.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I had a real string of luck yesterday. I started my climb in the P4nther PVP, and ended up getting a yellow cover for P4nther out of that first token. I'm not sure i've ever gotten the new character from the pvp store early like that. Then, I got the Kraven that's in the story vault from a random token bringing him to 0/1/2, which isn't quite enough to do that next rung of Shield Training.

THEN I managed to finish my climb to 900 with no boosted 4*s or shields later that night! I just rode on the back of Vulture/G4mora for most of it, then swapped out whoever was low on health for like Medusa, Mordo, or Hobofist, and then for my final match i went with 5* Lord/4ocket to just match-damage it fast. Now I have a 1/1/2 P4nther.

And then this morning I got the LT out of the taco vault, which game me a Yellow Flaptain 5/2/1, which still wasn't enough to go up a rung on Shield Training, but that's fine. 
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Leveled my 2/2/3 Drax to 120 to see if I could win the Crash. Managed to beat Thanos on my second try with multiple damage boosts. Crash LT gave me a green 5* GR! Now I don’t have to worry about him being an essential for PVE :)
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got my Gambit covers from CS to make him 3/5/5. I've got Daredevil champed, Black Panther and Gambit fully covered, 5pidey at 11 covers, Thano5 and 5trange at 10 (with G4mora two covers from 300 and Mordo, who I'm hoping will feed 5trange, already over 300).

I'm kind of on my way to 5* land, I guess. I just need to figure out the best way to fill out my Classics. 
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bonus Hero dropped a 4th Hawkeye red instead of a 7th Hawkeye purple, putting him at 5/4/4 with 2 weeks of ISO collection to Champ and apply the purple that Kate gave me today. (Sorry Goblin, but the minor tweek doesn’t give you priority enough to throw the ISO your way, so your 14th cover is 2K ISO.)