Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Options

Comments

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Back-to-back HTs from 2* champ rewards yielded a Kate Bishop with BH Medusa and a purple Nico, taking her to 3/4/5.

Kate's in the pipeline to be champed, Medusa is now one cover away from coughing up a Black Bolt cover, and worst case scenario is that Nico will be fully covered with progression in the event after MR&G.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kicking Magneto's butt with Nick Fury through tinykitty level lucky cascades.
    Beat him with my lv 209 Fury. I had like 500 health left. 

Not so much a "best" moment but after the hell that Iron Man put me through it feels nice to beat the living hell out of Cap with Carol.

Oh, my "best" moment was getting a top 10 finish in Deadpool pvp for my 1-2* baby account. 
  • Jaffzz
    Jaffzz Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Options
    100th roster slot today and it went to 4* Panther.  Getting there slowly but surely
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shardwick said:
    Kicking Magneto's butt with Nick Fury through tinykitty level lucky cascades.
    Beat him with my lv 209 Fury. I had like 500 health left. 
    You did better than I did.  My LVL 280 Fury beat him with 42 health left.  By the fifth turn, Mags had 9 red and 9 blue...he got enough red during the match to activate it three different times.  Fortunately, when I had the 42 health, I got a lucky match-5 yellow, allowing me to do Avengers Assemble and stun him for a couple of turns...which was just enough to take him out.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Grand Entrance plus Grockamora took down the Hood before the match even properly started :smiley:
  • bob554
    bob554 Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Consecutive 5* draws on a LL and a 20 CP draw, being Hawkeye (who I use a lot with C4rol and Coulson) and Gladiathor (who is now 5/4/2)!
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I managed to get 2 Daken covers from Team IM despite not having Winter Soldier, the Punisher and Kate Bishop. This allowed me to champ Daken and re-spec him.
  • shardwick
    Options
    Finished individual progression on both sides of Civil War. Most memorable fight was with my team of 4* Fist, 3* Falcon and 3* Cap. Fist gets knocked out by like the third turn right before he can fire off his black. Two 3*s versus a level 450 boss isn't exactly my idea of fair. So I started snatching up all the blues and purples. I spammed as many blue protect tiles as possible and when I could I fired off Falcon's purple for even more protect tiles. Like half the board was protect tiles. Stun a goon, fire red on the other, Iron Man with his bajillion yellow ap kept firing House Party Protocol. Stun a goon, Bird Strike, slowly whittle away at Iron Man. After 20-30 minutes, yes really, I finally downed the bastard.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pulled until I got a Gho5t Rider cover (red) for MR&G. Along the way I got my first GladiaThor green cover, a black cover for Archangel, which got him at least one cover in each color, and enough BH for G4mora and Medusa to get them to 300 for a Thano5 purple and Black Bolt black cover. And with Gho5t Rider, I finally have all characters in the 3*–5* tiers rostered for the first time.

Bucky and MEHulk brings me up to 48 4* champs. Rulk and Kate should be next.

During the last refresh of Civil War, I was playing the Bucky wave node. I cleared the first wave, and Rags was part of the team that rotated in. The AI had something like 11 green AP gathered from the first wave, but I was set up for a red match-4. I took my chances and fired Moving Target. Thankfully, the CD appeared on the red tile I needed to rotate in to create the column clear. Oh, and Daredevil's Hand-to-Hand CD was part of the column clear, which for some reason behaves as if the AI is doing the match, because it deals damage and creates a new CD, rather than just generating AP for me. So between Moving Target and DD's CD, I basically one-shotted a full-health Rags.
  • shardwick
    Options
    Got the third C4ge cover from Alliance progression on Team Cap. Champ level gives me a Legendary token. I pull it, and get a Vulture champ level. But wait, there's a Bonus Hero! I had it set for my 4/3/5 Nightcrawler, and it's red! Champ him, apply the cover I got, and that LT comes out with a purple for my 5/5/1 Mockingbird!
    I had fun with Nightcrawler in the 3* Carol pvp. The previous run sucked worse than Sentry for me but this round I kept purposely attacking her which built up her red and then one shotted her with his blue. And Mockingbird and Vulture are wrecking fools left and right. To quote Bobby Roode, it's "Glorious."
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got a second cover for 5* Cap in 2 weeks out of Classic Legends the day after Civil War ends, bringing him to 2/0/1. I'm really fixated right now champing a few 4*s, and i was hoping for a usable nightcrawler. So when that purple came up I was like "Oh NOOOOOOez!" and then I was like "what am i saying?" lol
  • Huntah86
    Huntah86 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Not only did my alliance finish both sides of Civil War but I was able to reach personal progression on each one too! I was able to fully cover Kraven so the only 4*'s I have left that need covers are Black Panther and Howard. Time to hoard until BP gets added to tokens!
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Civil War event brought me a pleasantly unexpected MEHulk green because my alliance made it to round 8 for the second time ever and first time on CW. This in turn brought my MEHulk up to 1/5/4 before the start of Meet R&G PVE, so with another purple coming up from progression I had the choice to risk it with CP (MEHulk as bonus hero) or try my luck in the vault wich had a yellow and another green in it (45 tokens and some HP to spend if needed) to get him closer to 13 covers.

Decided to try with CP, and that paid off really well. Spent only 200 CP and got 3 MEH green (1 BH), my first champ level  for America Chavez, a Nico Minoru blue (2/5/3 now) and my first 5* IM yellow (4/2/1 now) among other various champ levels.

All this was a day after I decided to open my LT hoard in an attempt to recruit 5* Ghost Rider which took only 2 tokens, 1 5*GR green and a 4* with an America Chavez BH (13th cover). Yep, I can hardly believe how much luck was involved here but it sure is awesome when it happens. Only small down side is that now it would be most logical, purely looking at my roster, to set Kraven to my BH... and well, you know... I would really not like to get what can only be described as a 2* character as a BH reward, but oh well...  ;)
  • shardwick
    Options
    Well, who knows if this will be my best moment but I finally got around to champing Angel, it certainly helps when you can get a break from champing 4s left and right since a handful of mine are stuck at 5/5/2 or 5/5/1. Meanwhile on my baby account my 1-2* baby in cl2 is like only one of maybe two people that have MEHulk and Sentry rostered. To be fair to my competition I wouldn't want to roster Sentry either especially if you're a new player with very little hp. But for me it's only a temporary roster spot for him so don't get too comfy, Sentry. Anyway, so my main competition got their full clear and I was like "Oooh this could be interesting! I have some actual competition!" Yeah, not really, they started their grind of sub 1 with almost twelve hours to go. Like taking candy from a baby. 
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I finally managed to champ Mockingbird. It's a good day  B)
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Anon said:
    I finally managed to champ Mockingbird. It's a good day  B)
    Nice timing with her boosted in this PVE too - I let the AI have a match-4 as I had 6 in the colour the were going to match, just to see the shenanigans of which power will activate for free
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The vault token I got from sub 1 rewards in Meet Rocket and Groot gave me an Elektr4 cover. Not terribly exciting, but the champion reward was some CP that let me buy a Latest Legends. Lo and behold, my first Robbie Reyes cover! I had been opening Legendaries as soon as possible to roster him and play the essential node, but I guess I can hoard a bit now.