Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Options

Comments

• Stick
    Stick Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This isn't a specific moment, but I've noticed my 3* bonus heroes have been triggering quite a bit off of elite tokens the last week or two. I might have to stop focusing on 4*s for a while just to get my last 3*s champed. Just max covered Star-Lord, maybe I'll finally get around to champing Doc Ock and Sentry lol
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Made it to 650 in Morse Code, opened the token....Bobbi yellow!

Then I turned to the final Webbed Wonder sub, and not only was there a free Howard cover I wasn't expecting (since I didn't see that they changed it back after initially announcing it would be replaced with ISO) but it was the third green cover I needed to finish him, 3/5/5. Finally!
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Then I turned to the final Webbed Wonder sub, and not only was there a free Howard cover I wasn't expecting (since I didn't see that they changed it back after initially announcing it would be replaced with ISO) but it was the third green cover I needed to finish him, 3/5/5. Finally!
    But they didn't announce it was changed to ISO. The token was always from the wave mission, not the single-time boss fight.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Okay, then I just misunderstood....either way, poor reading comprehension FTW!
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    zodiac339 said:

But they didn't announce it was changed to ISO. The token was always from the wave mission, not the single-time boss fight.
    Yeah, the last time Webbed Wonder ran was when they released Doc Ock as a 5*. They swapped out the art of 3* Doc Ock with the new 5* and added a single-time boss fight in the final sub that awarded a token for the 5* Doc Ock limited run store, where you had a 10 percent chance of drawing him. 

The announcement was that Webbed Wonder was now entering the rotation for events, and that instead of that boss fight giving an LT, it would give 5K ISO instead. Several players asked if a random Howard cover would still be an award in the final wave node, and Brigby answered in the affirmative. 
  • Style55
    Style55 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Finished 1st place in Swipe Left and Duck Be A Lady. Finished 3rd over all, I would have likely been 1st had I started the 1st set of missions on time. Oh well. Whatever still happy I managed to do well. 

From the assorted tokens in placement I pulled 5 3*s and 1 4* covers, all of which went to champ levels.
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Managed to hit 900 in Morse Code in the last few minutes right before being knocked down to the 700s.
  • Stick
    Stick Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Ended up placing 8th in Webbed Wonder. From my heroic tokens I got a Thing and XFW cover. Not what I was hoping for, but both usable.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've been trying to be more frugal with my health pack usage, mostly just to get a better feel for just how far I can go. Almost got me in trouble in Mediterranean. Sniper countdown back in the corner that only had one other blue tile near it, and my characters are all low enough that it's going to drop one of them. A turn left, and Photonic Barrage pops out a Strike right next to it. The computer uses its Gravity Warp teamup, swapping that Strike with a blue somewhere else on the board, and popping the countdown.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pulled a 3* Hulk cover from one of my Real Steel tokens, taking him to 223 and giving me my missing blue Chulk cover. Drax's red is now the only cover I'm missing in the 4* tier. Still have about 30 more levels to go with 3* R&G to get there though...
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I pulled a Latest yesterday (after a bonus 3* R&G drop got them to 227!) and it gave me an Agent Venom black, which I needed; and then I looked at him and realized he's 5/2/4, getting oh-so-close to complete. He kind of snuck up on me, since I hadn't been leveling him up since he was at 4 or 5 covers. He's up around 160, 170 now, I'm just picking away at him.

I feel I'm almost in that "covers faster than ISO" place that vets keep talking about. I have several 4* now below their level cap, though none of them ready to champ, and none of them top tier either so they're not urgent. Still. Nice problem to have.

I dropped a couple bucks a week or so ago just to open up the bonus rewards, since I realize I recently started enjoying the game again instead of being stuck in a "love-hate" state with it. Those bonuses are quite nice, to be sure. Good bang for the couple bucks.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Got bored and opened some Elites last night. Not sure how many, maybe 15-20? I hit a stretch with four 3* in a row and the last three of those all had a BH. After the second in a row (never has happened to me before) I decided to pull until my next pull was a 2* lol
  • TheHungryPet
    TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Opening 6 1* tokens and not expecting anything other than 1* characters. Token #5 flashes - 3* Psylocke and Bonus Hero IM40. Token #6 flashes - 3* Mystique and BH IM40. I had given up on good pulls lately so this was such a thrilling experience.
  • Style55
    Style55 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Placed 10th in Unstable Iso by a scant 100 points or so. Managed to place in the top 3 in The Americas. 
  • PsychoNrOne
    PsychoNrOne Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options
    After a frustrating unlucky run with my heroics (opened 38 yesterday - only 1 4* and 4 3* with 1 3*-BH), i opened my season 10-pack today.

Result: 6 2*, 2 3*, Riri (champ level) and War Machine (now 2/1/3), with a bonus Rhulk - EACH (now: 2/4/5 - only 2 to go :smile: )