Oscorp Heroic Mode

Comments

• What the f- I did two more missions, Critical Data and Ghost of Russia's Past, and.. after checking levels all over, they've gone down. I'm gonna do one more and see if this pattern repeats. icon_e_surprised.gif
  • I'm really puzzled why all my PvE's are sub-20 level and staying there no matter how many times I win. Not that I mind, but it's just strange how we are having wildly different experiences.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    I'm really puzzled why all my PvE's are sub-20 level and staying there no matter how many times I win. Not that I mind, but it's just strange how we are having wildly different experiences.

I hate you...that is all icon_lol.gif
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    It's strange. I had a few low level missions, but then after getting half way through a first clear, all the mobs shot up... I have like no chance since my highest of these would be a level 50 storm hah. Anyways I never have the time to do these grinds. Lovely tourney to reward all those who actually put in a lot of effort though icon_e_smile.gif

I do hope this mode shows how much rubberband helps you all, except the top grinders.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    I'm really puzzled why all my PvE's are sub-20 level and staying there no matter how many times I win. Not that I mind, but it's just strange how we are having wildly different experiences.
    /twitch

icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • MTGOFerret wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:

I hate you...that is all icon_lol.gif

Serious, I wish all my missions had level 20 goons LoL
  • It has been 8.5 hours since I got the first mission down to 1 point. Still worth 1 point.

I haven't read the whole thread so I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned resets yet.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    abuelo wrote:
    Nemek wrote:
    Yeah, this is the very definition of the 'non-competitive' PvE that many have been asking for. The prizes for top 50 are all fairly similar, so you don't need to stress about being the top player. But, if you do want to go all out, then you'll get the biggest ISO reward we have to yet to see in the game (and ISO was also heavily asked for.) It's neat to see a change of pace.
    Look at my post above and forgive me if I fail to be grateful. I'm sat staring at a wall of 230/230/230 and being told I'm not allowed to use my favourite characters and the boosts I depended on to do these missions before then I'm going to have to spend yet more cash on a completely broken system.

I want good PvE, I want more ISO. I do not want this ridiculous level of bullsh*t. The actual match 3 game in this is really excellent but everything else is utter, utter bobbins at the minute and they don't seem to really know how to fix it.

Nemek was referring to how someone was complaining about the placement rewards not being good enough. I think we all agree that these past few PvE events are pretty flawed, but at least the devs tried to listen to the players and make the events more progression based. Now they just have to fix everything else, and we might end up with a better event system than we had before.

Yeah, I was really just referencing the reward structure. I'd agree that the mission levels thing is still kind of messed up.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have some battles below 230 now! Nothing lower than 200 except the first two. Let's see how many fights it takes to get them back to 230...
  • What boggles my mind is trying to figure out WHAT these levels are based off of.

We have been explicitly told it is apparently NOT based off your Roster or equivalent levels.

So I have no clue how to explain how someone people have permanently nerfed ones, some have all 230s, and I have fairly appropriate levels (Level 10s in the first mission, 61 Yelena/61 and 62 Spys in Pale Little Spider). Admittedly, this isn't helping me at all; after recently clearing up my roster of duplicates (like a spare Iron Man and Widow... poor choice), I'm stuck with just a 30 C Storm, 25 M Widow, 22 M35 IM, 2 cover Daredevil, and my low Wolverine.

So... Not doing better than most of you! Heh.
  • eidehua wrote:
    It's strange. I had a few low level missions, but then after getting half way through a first clear, all the mobs shot up... I have like no chance since my highest of these would be a level 50 storm hah. Anyways I never have the time to do these grinds. Lovely tourney to reward all those who actually put in a lot of effort though icon_e_smile.gif

I do hope this mode shows how much rubberband helps you all, except the top grinders.

Except it doesn't...reward structure as is is too high, just like PvP progression
  • 219 Ares and Daken and 220 Yelena.... Against limited roster lmao....
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    eidehua wrote:

Except it doesn't...reward structure as is is too high, just like PvP progression

I might be a crazy grinder sometimes, but im not crazy enough to grind this event 2.5 times per 8 hours if im not getting oso the whole way through.
  • Can somebody help me out here please? Am i right in saying the only players we can use in this tourny are DD,BWM/G, Iron Man, Wolverine,Storm(c), Hawkeye(m), Spiderman and Invisible woman? yet the guy in first place in my bracket has over 4000 points which is 3000 more than anyone else and the Heroes he has available are Wolverine(85) Iron man(50) Storm(40) Hawkeye(15) Spiderman(36) Invisable woman(30) and DD(15) which is almost the same as mine except my storm is higher levelled. how can this be?i have 490 points btw
  • Can somebody help me out here please? Am i right in saying the only players we can use in this tourny are DD,BWM/G, Iron Man, Wolverine,Storm(c), Hawkeye(m), Spiderman and Invisible woman? yet the guy in first place in my bracket has over 4000 points which is 3000 more than anyone else and the Heroes he has available are Wolverine(85) Iron man(50) Storm(40) Hawkeye(15) Spiderman(36) Invisable woman(30) and DD(15) which is almost the same as mine except my storm is higher levelled. how can this be?i have 490 points btw

He got lucky and his oponent levels are propably around max level 50 whit most of fights around level 20. So his OSCORP Heroic is propably easier than prologue version.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    It has been 8.5 hours since I got the first mission down to 1 point. Still worth 1 point.

I haven't read the whole thread so I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned resets yet.

That is quite interesting. I wonder if theres more to this event than meets the eye... nah. So I guess the progression rewards aren't even theoretically reachable.
  • lmao. How can they fuc*k up two events back-to-back?
  • Howler wrote:
    lmao. How can they fuc*k up two events back-to-back?

Constantly playing catch-up. Not cutting off the leg to allow themselves to heal. Any other fitting analogy.
  • It has been 8.5 hours since I got the first mission down to 1 point. Still worth 1 point.

That is quite interesting. I wonder if theres more to this event than meets the eye... nah. So I guess the progression rewards aren't even theoretically reachable.

My guess is that they are still in office working on this and trying to push out a build with some sort of fixed level adjustments. In the meantime, they have probably disabled or tweaked some of the resets and timing on the client build.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Level 149 Hammer mobs, with my C.Storm highest at level 70 and IM35 at level 50. Why oh why?