Oscorp Heroic Mode

Options

Comments

• Hm my first mission was level 39, 40, 40 for the Hammer goons.

Next mission with Daken is 123 for Daken, 124, 124 for each of the snipers...

This is going to scale up quickly *sigh*

I really really really don't like this system which penalizes the good players.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Great. The levels of my enemies went up after the update. Not by much, but maybe 10 or so levels.

I don't understand this. Increasing the level of difficulty is good, but I have 3 Trivial missions and the rest are Deadly. There has to be something off if it's skipping over Easy, Normal, and Hard. Is it too much to ask for an event with a good mix of all difficultly levels?
  • jozier wrote:
    So what's the best system, do each mission once then do it again? I just joined my bracket but pretty burnt out from 6 days of level 230 battles in TaT.

Well, depends on what you want I guess. You need to full clear the event 2.5 times per 8 hour reset if you want to be on pace for the x-force wolvies, so figure out if you want to do that. Missions are worth 100% / 80% / 60% / 40% / 20% of their base point value for the nth time that you play it (3rd time is 60%). The lazy way to do it is to probably just clear the high point missions once or twice per reset. There is no rubber banding here so what you see is what you get, and timing only matters to hit refreshes.

Yeah I don't think I have the energy to clear all the missions that many times per 8 hour reset. Especially since I'm likely to be looking at level 230 villains in a few clears.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mags1587 wrote:
    Great. The levels of my enemies went up after the update. Not by much, but maybe 10 or so levels.

I don't understand this. Increasing the level of difficulty is good, but I have 3 Trivial missions and the rest are Deadly. There has to be something off if it's skipping over Easy, Normal, and Hard. Is it too much to ask for an event with a good mix of all difficultly levels?

That was called the Hulk event, before the devs went with this idea of making scaling pve enemies work.
  • My enemies stayed around level 20 max (4 clears) to 230 ... With the chars I have I wont be doing much more of this. Way too limited on available heros to use.
  • What?? The first prize is DD???
    Waste of time .. I already maxed out my DD...
  • I bet it's based on health totals, or health lost or something like that.
  • akboyce
    akboyce Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    What?? The first prize is DD???

First prize is A DD. Not 3. ONE Red. 5k ISO but only 1 cover. Fun times
  • Bucky76 wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:
    So if the scaling isn't based on the characters in your roster, your scaling factor in Thick as Thieves, your PvP MMR, or your character levels... What is it based on? Astrology charts? Total time played? Ancient prophesies? My high school report cards?

It's based on if your sister got lucky at her prom or not.

Something is way wrong ... I see everyone complaining and I have cleared the event multiple times now ..and my highest enemy has been level 20 icon_lol.gif and they are not getting stronger. I am using 85 wolvie , 35 spider and 20 DD and breezing through this "HEROIC mode".

EDIT: after 4th clear they have gone up finally.

I envy you...
  • My current bracket:

bracket.png

His roster:

roster1.png

Honestly, I'd like to think I'm not prone to hysteria but this is a complete joke. What's the point? What on earth is the point in even trying?
  • NorthernPolarity
    Options
    akboyce wrote:

Right, and they're handing out 2 daredevils as progression rewards. Wasn't the forum just complaining that the focus on PvE events should be shifted from placement awards to progression? I really like the idea of this change, and have no idea why people are complaining about it.
  • Anyone on Steam experiencing a level decrease?
  • K
    akboyce wrote:
    Well I did 3.5 rotations and got 4330 points then the opponents exploded. Not to 230 though. Top one is only 220 and they go down from there. No idea why I got so many easy fights but me and the first place guy in my bracket have over 4000. He has 4348 and is not going up fast anymore so I imagine his opponents also exploded at about this point. This is a weird system

Minor Edit:
    The low end is still really low. First fight is level 10 and Runaway is only level 60/36/36.

Same. Went through many matches, then got a phone call, backed out of the menu for a sec, back in and everything jumped (except for the first mission oddly..stayed lvl 10 guys).

All I know is the scoring better increase. ~4-5k for a complete or near complete circuit takes HOURS. with a 8 hr refresh (assumed?) Let's say 3 hrs maybe 4 for a complete circuit. That's means 11-12 hrs per 4-5 k after 3 hrs for the first 5k. Assume 4500 per a full...then that means you are talking about 5*24 +3 ..123 hrs left 123/11 ~11*4.5 =49.5+4.5 = 54k points.

You would literally have to do every single clear in a 3 hr period with NO gap in between to get the top prize if you finished your first run right now. That is RIDICULOUS. The matches stop giving anything good after about one full clear. 3 hrs might be undercutting the time even given a few factors. Also, there isnt even a one run difference between the 3 4**** rewards. So the only reason to get one and not the others would be due to a mistake. Inversely nit way to get the others without being a non-functioning member of society.

In short, unless A. The refresh is shorter than 8 hrs B. The points increase after this first round for some reason C. Something special happens or D. They lower the reward.... Those 4**** are very unlikely to be earned by anyone. Not "only 75 ppl" like the red punisher a while back. But...anyone.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    akboyce wrote:

Right, and they're handing out 2 daredevils as progression rewards. Wasn't the forum just complaining that the focus on PvE events should be shifted from placement awards to progression? I really like the idea of this change, and have no idea why people are complaining about it.

Yeah, this is the very definition of the 'non-competitive' PvE that many have been asking for. The prizes for top 50 are all fairly similar, so you don't need to stress about being the top player. But, if you do want to go all out, then you'll get the biggest ISO reward we have to yet to see in the game (and ISO was also heavily asked for.) It's neat to see a change of pace.
  • Nemek wrote:
    Yeah, this is the very definition of the 'non-competitive' PvE that many have been asking for. The prizes for top 50 are all fairly similar, so you don't need to stress about being the top player. But, if you do want to go all out, then you'll get the biggest ISO reward we have to yet to see in the game (and ISO was also heavily asked for.) It's neat to see a change of pace.
    Look at my post above and forgive me if I fail to be grateful. I'm sat staring at a wall of 230/230/230 and being told I'm not allowed to use my favourite characters and the boosts I depended on to do these missions before then I'm going to have to spend yet more cash on a completely broken system.

I want good PvE, I want more ISO. I do not want this ridiculous level of bullsh*t. The actual match 3 game in this is really excellent but everything else is utter, utter bobbins at the minute and they don't seem to really know how to fix it.
  • NorthernPolarity
    Options
    Nemek wrote:
    akboyce wrote:

I only wish that there was more incentive to grind the event. Without the iso infusion from subevents, I don't feel motivated at all to do well in the event if all I'm getting is a couple of daredevil covers. Once the 500 iso rewards dry up, its going to be an isoless climb up the progression ladder. This of course would be fixed if they just reset the missions each refresh, but I doubt they want to give that much iso.
  • Nemek wrote:
    akboyce wrote:

I agree with the ISO part for sure. But it's plain ridiculous to have any1 with that kind of roster in the running for 3*'s when they have obviously not had to put in any work.
    Work should = reward
  • NorthernPolarity
    Options
    abuelo wrote:
    Nemek wrote:
    Look at my post above and forgive me if I fail to be grateful. I'm sat staring at a wall of 230/230/230 and being told I'm not allowed to use my favourite characters and the boosts I depended on to do these missions before then I'm going to have to spend yet more cash on a completely broken system.

I want good PvE, I want more ISO. I do not want this ridiculous level of bullsh*t. The actual match 3 game in this is really excellent but everything else is utter, utter bobbins at the minute and they don't seem to really know how to fix it.

Nemek was referring to how someone was complaining about the placement rewards not being good enough. I think we all agree that these past few PvE events are pretty flawed, but at least the devs tried to listen to the players and make the events more progression based. Now they just have to fix everything else, and we might end up with a better event system than we had before.
  • I just stupidly did a prologue mission as my heroic missions were all at 1 point and my levels shot up.
  • I don't mind the change from winning to progress based. I think it is good to some extent for everyone as it allows for more ppl to get it if they are willing to put in the effort and anyone normally shooting for first will probably get 2 minimum now. (Net will be probably about the same amount of Dd given out overall though)

What I am NOT happy about is that the 4**** wolverine are so close to be technically out of reach that you would need tibbe a robot to get them unless something changes. Heck...THAT is assuming you aren't facing high lvl opponents even. Add in the fact ppl are seeing so many high lvls and out character choices are so poor and its a case of the GAAAAAHHHH frustrations. Sure, its better than the 2400 in the PvP but only because it is technically possible as opposed to impossible.

If thier goal for the 4**** progression is just as a tease to make you waste money/resources then they should just say so (lol...against the point of course).