Will anyone get the Black Hulkbuster from round 8?

Comments

• esoxnepa
    esoxnepa Posts: 291
    It still says easy but after that first free turn I have had ultron spit out 3-4 bombs at once numerous times. Its impossible to juggle them all and destroy them before they land in at least 50% of the tries I have had in prime 7.

Odd, I haven't had him drop multiple bombs, and I've hit level 7 for 3 full sweeps of clears. Are you guys below 50% health or something in 7?
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    esoxnepa wrote:
    It still says easy but after that first free turn I have had ultron spit out 3-4 bombs at once numerous times. Its impossible to juggle them all and destroy them before they land in at least 50% of the tries I have had in prime 7.

Odd, I haven't had him drop multiple bombs, and I've hit level 7 for 3 full sweeps of clears. Are you guys below 50% health or something in 7?

I've seen him drop a new bomb(s) on the top row multiple times a turn, but I think it's a bug, since I've only seen it happen when his bottom-row-clear drops in a line-clear on the time or a match-x on the top.
  • i honestly believe that there will be a server outrage near the end. mark my words.
  • mouser
    mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    Lerysh wrote:
    I think that above math doesn't account for new Rounds == Refresh. So you can squeeze in another 200 fights or so based on who is already finished and who can finish again before the next refresh.

It's my math, and it accounts for new rounds being a refresh.

Waiting to see what Round 8 health and damage looks like.
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Feels like we're all just staring at the forums to see what Round 8 health is. I keep checking whenever i have free time
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oldboy wrote:
    Feels like we're all just staring at the forums to see what Round 8 health is. I keep checking whenever i have free time
    Not that there's much you can really do about it at this point. It's either achievable or not, either way, you just need to grind optimally
  • Tacos have Round 8 Ultron @ approx 12.5 million Health.

It's gonna take a huge effort, but we have a shot to clear this fugger.

marc
  • Surprised no one has mentioned it here, but this is Heroic Oscorp again. They even ran it alongside of Ultron to let us know, but we were too caught up in the excitement to catch the foreshadowing.

For those of you who don't know your ancient history: the first run of Heroic Oscorp, there was only one placement reward cover (Daredevil before he was cool). All the rest of the prizes were progression-based, including one of each of X-Force's covers (before he was cool). It was super exciting, 'cause the prizes were like 90% progression and placement was an afterthought. It felt more like a true PvE event.

Except it was borked. The progression numbers were set at the extreme upper limits of human possibility (the last rewards were only theoretically possible; no one ever claimed to have earned them here and they would have required insanely fast clears to have managed them). To make matters worse, the prizes on the nodes didn't ever refresh and the scaling (which was 2 events old and already ruining PvE play) was through the roof. There was no incentive to play and the prize model was abandoned. The only part of that event that didn't get scrapped was the scaling, since...I don't know, apparently it's vital to the game or something.

One year (roughly) later, and this event uses the same crazy math. Set the awards at the upper limits of theoretical possibility and let it loose. What we have to do as a community is target our criticism very carefully; I doubt we want the devs to throw the baby out with the bathwater. I loved the structure of this event. It was 90% awesome. They just assed up the math. So let's try to focus.

Devs: fix the math!

Edit: infinitive surgery
  • Would everyone be as angry if it was easier and 50% of the alliances at this point had the 8th prime unlocked?

I don't think so. I know I would not be because I would be really happy to have a 4* with 1 of each cover.

Would everyone be as angry if pve scaling was toned down? I know I would be really happy if it was.

What part of making people happier with this game don't the devs get? Both of those obviously, but this is no secret that this app should be a fun game first before anything else.

Fixing either of these issues would be very easy no matter what D3 says to the contrary.
  • I don't think it's possible. I think after my alliance finishes round 7 I'll tell them to stop(unless they like torture and are trying to get progressions).

It's sad, but it seems like D3 just wants to compensate us over and over:

Ultron 1, Ultron 2, Combined Arms, Earth's Mightiest Heroes. All krutacked up.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Arondite wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    Arondite wrote:
    id be surprised, honestly, after learning that round 7 is 11 Million HP (25 Hours to clear). I don't even know what Round 8 is, but I know the growth rate has been absolutely insane, and that with perfect play and a ton of cooperation it's gonna take more than a day to clear round 7.

How did D3 think this was a good idea? Lol. I'm all for an event like this. It was a great idea. I do think the progs should be really hard to hit and should require all members of the alliance to kind of beast it out. But it's looking to me like they've made it almost impossible to actually do.

We cleared Ultron 1 with 2 days to spare. 2 whole days. We won't clear Ultron 2. Cmon D3, when top end alliances literally -can't- clear your co-op event, you've set the numbers poorly.

its a 4 star ... in a normal PVE only top 10 get 2 covers Top 5 get 3 covers. Did you expect them to give 3 covers to tons of people.

I expected it to be possible to get 3 Covers - I didn't expect a lot of people to be able to.

As it is, it is mathematically impossible to get all 3 Hulk-Buster Covers.

Please, self-educate on a given topic before commenting on said topic.

I've seen a lot of your threads. You post up something and if someone disagrees or has a different view you tend to end your response with a nasty little dig. You really need some manners.

BTW, please post up your notes where you ran the numbers to show that it is mathematically impossible that a 20 person alliance hitting every refresh couldn't clear round 8.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    What is mind-boggling is that after all the complaints about all alliance members not being to complete the 1M progression in round 1, the comments about not being able to change anything before round 2, none of them said:

"Don't worry about this, the points will be much higher than round 1 so all can get the 1M progression"

In my alliance we actually took it easy to give a chance to lower players to earn points before it got crazy and now we learn we should have been out of round 4 by the first refresh.

Once again most of our problems with this game stem from lack of communication: this, MMR, scaling to name a few.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    I'll be in AWE of any alliance that manages to clear round 8 prior to expiration (assuming the server cooperates of course icon_twisted.gif ).
  • OH BUT DONT WORRY EVERYONE YOU GET 1k ISO AND A 2* WOLVERINE COVER FOR FREE COMIC BOOK DAY ROFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

icon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gif
    icon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gif
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Arondite wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    Arondite wrote:
    id be surprised, honestly, after learning that round 7 is 11 Million HP (25 Hours to clear). I don't even know what Round 8 is, but I know the growth rate has been absolutely insane, and that with perfect play and a ton of cooperation it's gonna take more than a day to clear round 7.

How did D3 think this was a good idea? Lol. I'm all for an event like this. It was a great idea. I do think the progs should be really hard to hit and should require all members of the alliance to kind of beast it out. But it's looking to me like they've made it almost impossible to actually do.

We cleared Ultron 1 with 2 days to spare. 2 whole days. We won't clear Ultron 2. Cmon D3, when top end alliances literally -can't- clear your co-op event, you've set the numbers poorly.

its a 4 star ... in a normal PVE only top 10 get 2 covers Top 5 get 3 covers. Did you expect them to give 3 covers to tons of people.

I expected it to be possible to get 3 Covers - I didn't expect a lot of people to be able to.

As it is, it is mathematically impossible to get all 3 Hulk-Buster Covers.

Please, self-educate on a given topic before commenting on said topic.

I've seen a lot of your threads. You post up something and if someone disagrees or has a different view you tend to end your response with a nasty little dig. You really need some manners.

BTW, please post up your notes where you ran the numbers to show that it is mathematically impossible that a 20 person alliance hitting every refresh couldn't clear round 8.

It's really simple - if you say something ridiculous or irrelevant, you get a catty response.

If you reply intelligently - even if it's in direct contrast to my statement - I will respond with the utmost respect and without any sass. It's very easy to form a statement that has form, function and some sort of substance rather than to say something like "Did you expect them to give 3 covers to tons of people.", when no one even suggested anything like that. Was I to take this sincerely? Was this not clear sarcasm?

So as for your observation, I have to ask this - if someone replies to my thread with an off-hand, sarcastic remark, what reason do I have to reply with anything else? I have manners, and plenty at that. I will not, however, exercise them to the benefit of anyone who refuses to show me the same courtesy.
  • evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Please, if any alliance does finish - let us know. It would be good to see how many actually do (as best as we can), plus you probably should get some well deserved props in public star.png
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    evil panda wrote:
    Please, if any alliance does finish - let us know. It would be good to see how many actually do (as best as we can), plus you probably should get some well deserved props in public star.png
    It's really in everyone's best interest if no one completes round 8. If even one single alliance finishes then this is a win for the dev team
  • fmftint wrote:
    evil panda wrote:
    It's really in everyone's best interest if no one completes round 8. If even one single alliance finishes then this is a win for the dev team
    Hmmm one team finished so obviously it was possible, u just didn't try hard enough

-D3's response if someone finishes
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    djsquillz wrote:
    Tacos have Round 8 Ultron @ approx 12.5 million Health.

It's gonna take a huge effort, but we have a shot to clear this fugger.

marc

Wait, are you telling me that only a tiny percentage of hard-working, very coordinated alliances actually have a chance to get the third cover of a new 4*? So.... like every other PVE 4* release, except that now even the less accomplished players in the alliance in question will be getting that cover and a huge percentage of the rest of the players will be getting 2 covers. Plus up to three covers of a new 3*.

Weird, I though this was the event where we categorically could conclude that Demiurge is a band of witless, lazy and incompetent rogues. Turns out that this event will end being a much superior alternative to the "normal" 4* releases. Who could have told?