Will anyone get the Black Hulkbuster from round 8?

Arondite
Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
edited May 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
id be surprised, honestly, after learning that round 7 is 11 Million HP (25 Hours to clear). I don't even know what Round 8 is, but I know the growth rate has been absolutely insane, and that with perfect play and a ton of cooperation it's gonna take more than a day to clear round 7.

How did D3 think this was a good idea? Lol. I'm all for an event like this. It was a great idea. I do think the progs should be really hard to hit and should require all members of the alliance to kind of beast it out. But it's looking to me like they've made it almost impossible to actually do.

We cleared Ultron 1 with 2 days to spare. 2 whole days. We won't clear Ultron 2. Cmon D3, when top end alliances literally -can't- clear your co-op event, you've set the numbers poorly.

Comments

• You're assuming that D3 designs their events to allow players to win all the prizes on offer. Their goal isn't to allow everyone to win the new stuff they release; rather it is to get players to pay for new content.
  • Azoic
    Azoic Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    You can't pay for covers you haven't earned at least one of, so keeping one color out of reach doesn't help sales of said cover.

And no, I don't think at this rate that round 8 is possible unless D3 adjusts on the fly...
  • Grum9ski wrote:
    You're assuming that D3 designs their events to allow players to win all the prizes on offer. Their goal isn't to allow everyone to win the new stuff they release; rather it is to get players to pay for new content.

Problem with that statement is that you can't pay for the new content until you win it as a prize (ie - the first color of each cover).

easy...marc
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2015
    As stated in another thread, even if it's mathematically possible their infrastructure likely won't be able to handle the demand. All the top alliances that finished run one early will still be plugging away
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Jamie Madrox.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Couple in my alliance got black from tokens.
  • I wouldn't say it's impossible, but it's impossible.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've drawn one gold cover from Ultron tokens... IF purple. Other than that, Ares and 2* Daken... I thought these tokens had great odds??
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    When you factor in the amount of points needed to clear r8 (somewhere between 11 and 22 million), the server issues early in the event, nodes not giving points, main node not opening when essential is cleared, having to clear main twice to get points, and all of the other little bugs that have popped up, I seriously doubt that any team of 20 could clear r8. Most likely won't even make it too far in to r7 if they make it to r7 at all.

Some perspective for you; r7 of this run as almost 2/3 as much heath as all of the first run and r8 will likely have as much if not more.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Skynet 2.0 is gonna clear round 7, that much is certain. Round 8 seems like an impossible mountain to climb, even with all 20 of us playing it perfectly.
  • Azoic
    Azoic Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Sure would be nice to get a red response :\
  • Turbosmooth
    Turbosmooth Posts: 213
    Azoic, I agree that all I want right now is redflag.png.
    I'd be extremely happy with my Alliance if we get there. Just starting Round 6.

With blackflag.png being the top 50 Enemy of the State individual reward and top 100 Alliance reward, you have another chance to get that blackflag.png. Unfortunately they are running simultaneously so you need to play about 4.5 hours throughout the day with the required characters to be in that bracket and have a good Alliance. (I'm doing near zero PVP.) I'm so happy that I got recruited into a good Alliance for U2.
    My life is on hold for the duration of these events. I would like to go back to 2 hours throughout the day.

Hulkbuster is worth it for this sprint. Anyway, time to stop talking and go back to playing. icon_e_smile.gif
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,386 Chairperson of the Boards
    Arondite wrote:
    id be surprised, honestly, after learning that round 7 is 11 Million HP (25 Hours to clear). I don't even know what Round 8 is, but I know the growth rate has been absolutely insane, and that with perfect play and a ton of cooperation it's gonna take more than a day to clear round 7.

How did D3 think this was a good idea? Lol. I'm all for an event like this. It was a great idea. I do think the progs should be really hard to hit and should require all members of the alliance to kind of beast it out. But it's looking to me like they've made it almost impossible to actually do.

We cleared Ultron 1 with 2 days to spare. 2 whole days. We won't clear Ultron 2. Cmon D3, when top end alliances literally -can't- clear your co-op event, you've set the numbers poorly.

its a 4 star ... in a normal PVE only top 10 get 2 covers Top 5 get 3 covers. Did you expect them to give 3 covers to tons of people.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    Arondite wrote:

its a 4 star ... in a normal PVE only top 10 get 2 covers Top 5 get 3 covers. Did you expect them to give 3 covers to tons of people.
    If they put it out there as an alliance reward for your group of 20 people, yes i would expect them to give it to me. I didn't tell them to do it, they did it of their own accord. Unfortunately for everyone they put it out there without the means to attain it. If you don't want people to have it, you shouldn't offer it. I used to do that to my little brothers, hold something up over their heads completely out of their reach just to watch them try to jump for it... only thing is, I didn't do it for 4.5 days straight.
  • Arondite
    Grum9ski wrote:
    You're assuming that D3 designs their events to allow players to win all the prizes on offer. Their goal isn't to allow everyone to win the new stuff they release; rather it is to get players to pay for new content.

Allow everyone? If round 8 is over 15 Million (and that's almost guaranteed to be the case) it will be mathematically impossible for ANYONE to get it. Lmfao.

Great planning D3 - put up a prize that can't be won.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Arondite wrote:
    Grum9ski wrote:

Allow everyone? If round 8 is over 15 Million (and that's almost guaranteed to be the case) it will be mathematically impossible for ANYONE to get it. Lmfao.

You say that... but do you have a proof? It all depends on how many points the Ultron node in T8 gives, doesn't it? If the node gives, say, 50,000 points, that's 300 clears, or 15 clears per player for a fully participating alliance. Over two days remaining, that's completely possible if an alliance was starting T8 right now. If it gives 15,000 points, on the other hand, it's 1000 clears, or 50 per player. THAT's mathematically impossible if you started T8 right now, as there aren't enough potential nodes left.

Also, I'm sure that if a 20-person alliance maxed their potential; i.e. cleared every potential Ultron node available to them, they'd clear T8 by the end of the event. So I strongly, strongly doubt it's mathematically impossible. Possibly even with the server issues.

There's a difference between "insanely difficult" and "mathematically impossible", and something that's mathematically impossible halfway into an event isn't necessarily designed as mathematically impossible, is what I'm sayin'.

Either way, I'm not getting any Hulkbusters, so I have no skin in the game here.
  • Arondite
    slidecage wrote:
    Arondite wrote:

I expected it to be possible to get 3 Covers - I didn't expect a lot of people to be able to.

As it is, it is mathematically impossible to get all 3 Hulk-Buster Covers.

Please, self-educate on a given topic before commenting on said topic.
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    This may just be a matter of perspective.

In a typical PvE reward event, only the top 5 people per shard get all 3 covers. That's 5 x 5 time slices, x the number of shards per time slice. Let's pretend there are 5 shards per time slice (given the info on these forums, I doubt many get above 5, and some probably only have 2 or 3). That's 5x5x5 = 125 people who actually get all 3 covers per event - and probably fewer. This is a tiny, tiny, tiny, insignificant fraction of the playerbase. Maybe one ten-thousandth of one percent. So, in order to keep to their draconian policies, they designed an event that maybe 5 or 6 alliances will be able to complete at all - once again, 100 to 120 people, total. That fits in nicely with their policies.

I'm not justifying it - I still say their reward structure is the only thing making this game horrible, and if they changed it all around it could be amazing. But it's probably not far off of "normal." It's just more obvious this way.
  • Arondite
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    Arondite wrote:
    Grum9ski wrote:

You say that... but do you have a proof? It all depends on how many points the Ultron node in T8 gives, doesn't it? If the node gives, say, 50,000 points, that's 300 clears, or 15 clears per player for a fully participating alliance. Over two days remaining, that's completely possible if an alliance was starting T8 right now. If it gives 15,000 points, on the other hand, it's 1000 clears, or 50 per player. THAT's mathematically impossible if you started T8 right now, as there aren't enough potential nodes left.

Also, I'm sure that if a 20-person alliance maxed their potential; i.e. cleared every potential Ultron node available to them, they'd clear T8 by the end of the event. So I strongly, strongly doubt it's mathematically impossible. Possibly even with the server issues.

There's a difference between "insanely difficult" and "mathematically impossible", and something that's mathematically impossible halfway into an event isn't necessarily designed as mathematically impossible, is what I'm sayin'.

Either way, I'm not getting any Hulkbusters, so I have no skin in the game here.

I'll return with the math, but it's been done already. I don't remember the exact number, but with the level/health cap of The "boss" Ultron, if his event health bar exceeds ~15m, the event is a mathematical impossibility. My intention wasn't to come here and speculate, it was to show that with his growth rate from one round to the next the game literally goes haywire.
  • Arondite
    loroku wrote:
    This may just be a matter of perspective.

In a typical PvE reward event, only the top 5 people per shard get all 3 covers. That's 5 x 5 time slices, x the number of shards per time slice. Let's pretend there are 5 shards per time slice (given the info on these forums, I doubt many get above 5, and some probably only have 2 or 3). That's 5x5x5 = 125 people who actually get all 3 covers per event - and probably fewer. This is a tiny, tiny, tiny, insignificant fraction of the playerbase. Maybe one ten-thousandth of one percent. So, in order to keep to their draconian policies, they designed an event that maybe 5 or 6 alliances will be able to complete at all - once again, 100 to 120 people, total. That fits in nicely with their policies.

I'm not justifying it - I still say their reward structure is the only thing making this game horrible, and if they changed it all around it could be amazing. But it's probably not far off of "normal." It's just more obvious this way.

You missed the part where 0 people will get all 3 of his covers from the event.