Ultron 2 Progression - Some Math

Options
GrumpySmurf1002
GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
edited May 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Reports are in that level 6 is 5.5m to hit. With that, I'd assume 7.5 and 10m at this point, which puts him at 28.3m total for the event. First iteration was 17.125m. That is a lot of extra health, without any flexibility to sneak in a few more hits here and there.

At 10m health, and 26260 health, that's 381 hits. 19.05 hits per member. So with every member hitting every refresh, round 8 needs to be unlocked no later than 4am EST Sunday. Realistically, you need to open level 8 sometime before 8pm, if not noon Saturday.

Working backwards, if it's 7.5m at 23010 health, 326 hits, 16.3 per member. So about 3 refreshes (accounting for other essential node points), which puts you opening round 7 no later than 4am tomorrow night. Again being realistic that perfection across 20 players is really hard, you probably need to finish level 6/unlock level 7 by end of day today.

Keeping it up, level 6 is 5.5m, and I think 19760 health, so 279 hits, 13.95 per member, down to 3 refreshes. If you're 20x optimal til the end, that means unlocking level 6 during the before 4am EST tonight.

For those looking to get a gauge if your alliance can get all 3 covers, there's some estimated timelines. Reiterating once more, this all assumes that you have everyone contributing.

If anyone has corrections on Ultron's health or otherwise, I'll take them since my memory is meh. Otherwise, if you're not at least close to done with 5 already, your expected covers is < three.

Comments

• Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    That's a little disheartening. A lot disheartening, actually. Approximately +12 million life points. Somebody say it ain't so.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Options
    3* reward vs. 4* reward. It's to be expected. Much like 4* events award to T50, while 3* events award to T150.

Greater reward, greater effort.
  • LXSandman
    LXSandman Posts: 196 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Couple problems obviously.... we don't know what his final health will be. But more importantly we don't know how much health he will have for each node in round 8. So while he might have way more health, it might also be true that we will be able to do alot more damage to him each hit (If you can survive them).

I don't know... I guess we won't know until people open up round 8.

LXSandman
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    LXSandman wrote:
    Couple problems obviously.... we don't know what his final health will be. But more importantly we don't know how much health he will have for each node in round 8. So while he might have way more health, it might also be true that we will be able to do alot more damage to him each hit (If you can survive them).

LXSandman

We don't know for sure, no, but Ultron's health hasn't changed levels 1-5, at least that I noticed. He's a character with a fixed health bar, so the only way he'd have more health is if he's higher than level 400 this time.

Further, the only way the timeline for round 8 (and subsequently rounds 7/6) would be if he's under 7.5m for round 8. I don't think that's very likely, but 9m instead of 10m would give a little more flexibility on being perfect.
  • LXSandman
    LXSandman Posts: 196 Tile Toppler
    Options
    LXSandman wrote:

LXSandman

We don't know for sure, no, but Ultron's health hasn't changed levels 1-5, at least that I noticed. He's a character with a fixed health bar, so the only way he'd have more health is if he's higher than level 400 this time.

Further, the only way the timeline for round 8 (and subsequently rounds 7/6) would be if he's under 7.5m for round 8. I don't think that's very likely, but 9m instead of 10m would give a little more flexibility on being perfect.

True. This is especially a problem because Alliances might not have gone with the full 20 members this time due to the lockout of the first run. It would worked out that you only needed like 12, so not informing people that his health was going to go way up could have screwed some of the really hard core Alliances. It's interesting that they said "We can't fix this for run 2" Because the 1 mil progression lockout is no longer an issue if he has more then 20 mil health.

Weird.

LXSandman
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    LXSandman wrote:
    LXSandman wrote:

LXSandman

True. This is especially a problem because Alliances might not have gone with the full 20 members this time due to the lockout of the first run. It would worked out that you only needed like 12, so not informing people that his health was going to go way up could have screwed some of the really hard core Alliances. It's interesting that they said "We can't fix this for run 2" Because the 1 mil progression lockout is no longer an issue if he has more then 20 mil health.

Weird.

LXSandman

I think it's v possible they had the health on run 2 already set this high.

Without being able to see the full alliance scoreboard, there's not much I can do as a commander now or even after the event. That part really is a headscratcher.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For reference:

Ultron Health per Fight (same for 3* and 4*):
    1 - 6750 - level 100
    2 - 8385 - level 125
    3 - 10010 - level 150
    4 - 13260 - level 200
    5 - 16510 - level 250
    6 - 19760 - level 300
    7 - 23010 - level 350
    8 - 26260 - level 400

Ultron Total Health per Round (Scarlet Witch 3*)
    1 - 75,000
    2 - 150,000
    3 - 400,000
    4 - 1,000,000
    5 - 2,000,000
    6 - 3,000,000
    7 - 4,500,000
    8 - 6,000,000

Ultron Total Health per Round (Hulkbuster 4*)
    1 - 75,000
    2 - 225,000
    3 - 500,000
    4 - 1,500,000
    5 - 3,000,000
    6 - 5,500,000
    7 -
    8 -

I started to get worried as soon as I noticed the total health was going up but not the health per fight.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Maybe they increased his health due to many alliances completing the event with many members of the team not having a way to reach the final 1-2 QS. So instead of allowing us to continue to beat him after level 8, they simply increased his health.

I don't mind fighting Ultron, his bombs aren't bad, the issue is the wonderful tile matches he gets. Because they increase Ultron's level, his tile damage can hurt after a few rounds, especially when his bomb can 1-shot your character(s). One time he got a match 8 T/U, yes a row of T/U fell after his bomb exploded.. it's difficult to look out for ways to destroy his bombs AND avoid tile damage at later levels.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dont forget the all-day server crash last-day due to extreme levels of grinding for IMHB
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think your round 7/8 estimates are a little conservative

Round 4 50% increase
    Round 5 50% increase
    Round 6 83% increase
    Assuming Round 7 100% increase, 9 million
    Assuming Round 8 125% increase, 13.5 million
  • windfallstar
    Options
    turul wrote:
    Dont forget the all-day server crash last-day due to extreme levels of grinding for IMHB

It's easy to account for that, just move all the times up by a day. So we're screwed if we haven't started round 7 by tonight lol.
  • Punatulkku
    Punatulkku Posts: 228
    Options
    Sadly cause of the server issues, and majority of people missing the required wanda cover from the first event, majority of people cant even dream of hulk buster, but hey its ok, lets kick players face more and guarantee that they get bad taste from the game...
  • What's hilarious is that if you were only barely beating round 6 in the last event there's absolutely no way your alliance is beating round 6 this time around even with SW covers on everyone, but rather than recognizing this and immediately hand out SW cover to anyone remotely affected by the server outage (because it wouldn't matter, you'd still fail) they delayed the compensation so now everyone's going to claim they were able to get to round 6 this time, and yet D3 can't say, 'no you can't do it, we rigged this to ensure it wasn't possible', at least not without causing an even bigger backlash.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So, for everyone who's always said "PvE should be non-competitive. All awards should be based on progress not rankings", you might want to be careful what you wish for. Based on these projected numbers, this format isn't doing anyone any favors.
  • simonsez wrote:
    So, for everyone who's always said "PvE should be non-competitive. All awards should be based on progress not rankings", you might want to be careful what you wish for. Based on these projected numbers, this format isn't doing anyone any favors.

Simon...I'll take this format over the current PVE-But-Really-PVP format any day. I like not having to compete with others for placement. if i'm willing to grind it out...i earn my reward.

easy...marc
  • windfallstar
    Options
    simonsez wrote:

Depending on what the final numbers are, this format is pretty good for being non-competitive. It doesn't appear that we have to have a complete alliance playing optimally for the entire time, but it will require dedication. Once we have the information from the experience of this event, we'll be able to make the correct judgement calls in the future for setting up alliances.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    simonsez wrote:

I don't think it's fair to reject the concept just because the execution kept the ability to earn the rewards at the same stingy "your life will be mpq or you get nothing" threshold. I don't understand it, I would always think that the economics would favor giving out single covers like candy for new characters so everyone has to buy a new slot and people will buy covers to max them.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    djsquillz wrote:
    simonsez wrote:

Simon...I'll take this format over the current PVE-But-Really-PVP format any day. I like not having to compete with others for placement. if i'm willing to grind it out...i earn my reward.

easy...marc
    the problem with this format is, no mater how dedicated YOU are, you might not achieve all rewards, you are dependent not only on your ability but the ability of everyone you are playing with to unlock everything
  • The powers that be seem incredibly hesitant to give out 4* covers. Like, despite the increasing size of the 4* tier and in spite of their previous stated goal of making 4* progression a thing. I had hoped this event was a first step in that direction; we'll have to see how far down HB covers filter through this event. Still, the fact that HB is getting this special story release AND Enemy of the State distribution means that he'll still have more covers out there than any other 4*. It's a start. Not a finish, mind you, and probably not even a step two, but a start.
  • windfallstar
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    the problem with this format is, no mater how dedicated YOU are, you might not achieve all rewards, you are dependent not only on your ability but the ability of everyone you are playing with to unlock everything

To be fair, lots of people have been asking for a cooperative event. If anything, this was a good chance for alliances to overhaul membership.