Best There Is - PvP tourney

Options

Comments

• Gigas Breaker
    Gigas Breaker Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Options
    Veracity wrote:
    All my retaliations show up on the xforce node. >:(
    If you just leave one on node(s) you don't want to or can't deal with, it should clog them up and any new ones will come in on the node(s) you want to play from.

Kinda OT but don't want to start yet another thread about it: is skip tax supposed to be in or not? I just had that thing (Steam client) where the data numbers go out of sync and I could see it (SKIP 10), but after restarting & updating it's gone again. I've just been fighting whatever it puts in front of me in preparation for the new order.
    I saw the skiptax on my android and now it isn't there for me either.
  • The App Store also says 100/200 pop rewards for r47 which I haven't seen. Perhaps others have this and I'm bugged?

Anyway, this tourney is odd. I'm top in my bracket with 650 only. I've rarely been attacked. Expecting the worst later today I guess. Really want spidey despite the nerf (incoming).

Funny - second place has highest level chars IM35 (40) and MSTORM (40) and using Xforce

How in the world did he win Xforce from a tourney with that team? Maybe sold wolvie / Thor I guess it's possible.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    I'm pretty sure whenever Modern Storm is on the field, the hidden modifier for 'computer gets crazy cascades' goes up by 1000%. I've had games where Modern Storm put me away without using any special moves. It was like she took 5 extra turns in a row just from match, and then she actually missed on a Mistress of the Storm (0 cascades), I got a turn, and then she took another 5 turns in a row and then I died.

This. You love to have her on your team, though. Just look at this, my eyes went in four different directions at that moment (not to mention all the 6, 7 and even 8-matches sometimes happening with m. Storm).

YOr4AtXl.jpg

As for the tourney, have to not run m. Storm, since her colors clash with Wolverine a bit. Maybe I should, the synergy with oBW is quite awesome.
  • What are your brackets like? Currently the top spot for me is sub 500. Granted its not go time, but usually its a bit higher.
  • Just grinded to top spot with 502. With increased shield prices only 2 of top 10 are using them atm, and I've only been attacked once on the way up.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    I hope I can make it to any placement that rewards Spider-Man though. I don't care if his blue gets nerfed, I manage fine with 3rd level blue (4 ap). He's my favourite comic book character out of them all, the first one I knew as a little girl, I think. But, the last minutes of the tourney always get crazy and I refuse to pay for shields as of now.
  • The silver lining in the increased shield price is that you're now less likely to get mobbed while unshielded, since there are fewer invisible players in the pool.
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I only played to get the 300 token hoping to pull a 4* wolvie and havent played since. I keep getting attacked but my score keeps going up thanks to winning big point fights and losing only small ones. Was attacked 7 times overnight and ended up +23 for the night. Love it.
  • now at #1, hopefully when i wake up tomorrow morning i won't have lost too many points.

tried to put out a defensive team of patch, punisher and spidey. at least it should be punisher and not magneto who i've been using to climb the rankings.
  • I was a little bummed about my results from Thick as Thieves and decided to play in Best There Is only because it is THE option to play the game now. I surprised myself with how good a time I'm having running Patch, Loki, and Spider-Man. Berserker Rage -> Best There Is -> Trickery is awesome. Add stunlock and healing from Spidey and this combination is unreal unless it gets derailed early. That said, I've got max covers for Spidey, so I think my plan is to get a few progression rewards then Bag-Man the whole affair and let others beat me up to earn their Spideys.
  • So without Thorlerine, the grind for this tourney is definitely a LOT slower and my team is taking a LOT more damage than I'm used to. icon_e_sad.gif I was so used to doing this game a certain way and now it's like the rug has been pulled up from under. Do you guys think that with the changes and the slow play, the progressive rewards are sort of out of range now?
  • So without Thorlerine, the grind for this tourney is definitely a LOT slower and my team is taking a LOT more damage than I'm used to. icon_e_sad.gif I was so used to doing this game a certain way and now it's like the rug has been pulled up from under. Do you guys think that with the changes and the slow play, the progressive rewards are sort of out of range now?

I think the Oscorp campaign is testing some new approach to progressions or something of that nature? Also Will said progression thresholds are being lowered in upcoming events.

I get the feeling the progressive rewards are hard to achieve for just about anyone who doesn't play a crapton... I also see why they are there (though I think having a cap of say 1000 on PvP seems wise - in my brackets I've never seen someone get that high).

As for adapting to not having Thorverine: That's how things should be done. Having the same consistent team you use against every group of opponents makes the game more of an autopilot than actual strategy/planning.
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    Options
    my instant win guide,

patch 141 5 green cover 9 cost - 6 boost = 1 match = 390dmg
    punisher 5 black 7 cost - 6 bost = 1 match - about 180 dmg

berserker rage 3500 dmg one target + 1740dmg to attacks with strike tiles
    moltov - 600+1740 dmg to entire enemy team

1 more match - about 2400 dmg

basically nothing survives 3 turns, some teams with 3x *** characters might

1 more red match before you pull berserker, add a 3k retribution

congrats on your 30 second kills go have fun.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So without Thorlerine, the grind for this tourney is definitely a LOT slower and my team is taking a LOT more damage than I'm used to. icon_e_sad.gif I was so used to doing this game a certain way and now it's like the rug has been pulled up from under. Do you guys think that with the changes and the slow play, the progressive rewards are sort of out of range now?

Slow playmode actually helps getting the progression rewards, since you are less attacked, and sometimes even gain.
    However the PVP system disables us getting the top progression rewards.
  • notreck wrote:
    my instant win guide,

basically nothing survives 3 turns, some teams with 3x *** characters might, make a few more matches before you pull the berserk to soften, then close.

What i actually wonder, if one haves that roster, of what use is this event to him?
  • Telicis wrote:
    So without Thorlerine, the grind for this tourney is definitely a LOT slower and my team is taking a LOT more damage than I'm used to. icon_e_sad.gif I was so used to doing this game a certain way and now it's like the rug has been pulled up from under. Do you guys think that with the changes and the slow play, the progressive rewards are sort of out of range now?

I get the feeling the progressive rewards are hard to achieve for just about anyone who doesn't play a crapton... I also see why they are there (though I think having a cap of say 1000 on PvP seems wise - in my brackets I've never seen someone get that high).

As for adapting to not having Thorverine: That's how things should be done. Having the same consistent team you use against every group of opponents makes the game more of an autopilot than actual strategy/planning.

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with the Thorverine nerfs, it's letting you get a great diversity in characters, which I'm all for. It's just a little different now and will require a lot more game time to play.
  • locked wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    I'm pretty sure whenever Modern Storm is on the field, the hidden modifier for 'computer gets crazy cascades' goes up by 1000%. I've had games where Modern Storm put me away without using any special moves. It was like she took 5 extra turns in a row just from match, and then she actually missed on a Mistress of the Storm (0 cascades), I got a turn, and then she took another 5 turns in a row and then I died.

This. You love to have her on your team, though. Just look at this, my eyes went in four different directions at that moment (not to mention all the 6, 7 and even 8-matches sometimes happening with m. Storm).

YOr4AtXl.jpg

As for the tourney, have to not run m. Storm, since her colors clash with Wolverine a bit. Maybe I should, the synergy with oBW is quite awesome.

Wow for years I wondered why anyone would touch puzzle-quest / bejeweled clones on anything but a touch-screen.

Graphics look amazing on a full computer screen. Wish the ipad version (higher rez than many computer) had an option to view similar to pc. iPhone version obviously can't or everything would be minuscule.
  • idk, breaking things is fun?
  • over_clocked
    Options
    notreck wrote:
    my instant win guide,

basically nothing survives 3 turns, some teams with 3x *** characters might

1 more red match before you pull berserker, add a 3k retribution

BOOOORING! Sorry, being honest here. With the boost pricing I discovered you don't actually need them most of the time. Only use the ones you earn. But if you prefer to play the game the boring way, kudos to you.