Best There Is - PvP tourney

Options

Comments

• Also strange that it happens before the upcoming xforce revamp.
  • I think it depends on how you plan on deploying him...

5/5/3 would be ideal if you plan on using him in conjunction with a OBW or Loki to quickly dispose of purple enemy strike tiles or convert them to protect tiles with Loki's black power. I think this build would be favorable for offensive minded players and could be very useful in LR where Loki gets buffed.
    You can also mitigate the downside of enemy strike tile placement with Spidey's stun lock or just waiting for a favorable board before you use beserker rage (ie. enought green tiles and matchable purples).

I opted for 3/5/5. I like that the red power generates enemy strike tiles at 50% and if you set up you team for Patch to be an all match tank, is probably a one shot kill for all but the tankiest 3 stars. While there is a big difference between 3 and 6 strike tiles, I didn't like the prospect of giving the enemy so much firepower, and I just can't imagine using an unbuffed Loki with any regularity. Also I've found using Patch in PVP events, that by the time I matched 9 green tiles, there wasn't enough left over to fully take advantage of the additional tiles.

Now I just need to dump some iso into him...
  • pasa_ wrote:
    At 1000 50 HP is back -- not as if it was reachable.

And is the Patch bug confirmed -- granting full swords to opponent instead of half?

confirm full strength strike tiles for the enemy
  • pasa_ wrote:
    Also strange that it happens before the upcoming xforce revamp.
    It's pretty clear that the devs don't consider the state of the game when picking out which tournament comes next.
  • ...nothing on.these rewards interest me. Yellow wolvie but ....lol...yea. ISO building it is then.
  • Patch, IM40, Bag-Man.

What? It'd work.
  • I need Spidey Blue and Purple, and don't need Yellow, so, if this tournament is playable (which is not something I feel like I can take for granted at this point), I'll definitely give it a try. I can usually hit top 15 as long as I'm willing to put in some effort.
  • The enemy strike tiles created with Berserker Rage was always full strength. It's the strike tiles for enemy on The Best There is that is half strength.

Berserker Rage is designed to be equally dangerous to you as it is to the enemy, which is why you can actually use it somewhat quickly. The Best There Is is incredibly slow, and it almost guaranteed to kill someone in the process, so the advantage in strike tile part is just overkill and unlikely to have a signifcant impact.
  • Don't need any of the rewards. Maybe I'll attempt the Elite Avengers tourney.

Then again I think this would be a decent tourney to bust out Cap or Loki.

If I had Ares, I'd troll with Ares+Loki. Give them green then Trickery.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    OH MY GOD DO I LOVE PATCH OBW LOKI

Loki is protected by OBW and espionage black is even more helpful

Top 5 is gonna be a joke lol
  • Kelbris wrote:
    OH MY GOD DO I LOVE PATCH OBW LOKI

Loki is protected by OBW and espionage black is even more helpful

Top 5 is gonna be a joke lol

This. I just ran it in the Loki LR this morning and it was sweeet. My Loki's only 38, but he's in the back the whole time, and more levels don't increase the usefulness of his black.
  • Just wondering, people that fail to upgrade their game software to the latest build are going to have a huge advantage using bugged out Patch to dominate on offense in this tournament. Can you devs roll out the Patch changes through an automatic update soon? Like now?
  • I've waited to update before, basically it will completely stop the game from starting after a few days
  • So, we have a mid-week tournament with the same horrible rewards tier system that we saw last week? What gives, man...there is almost no incentive to fight for those progressives. Bad form, developers.
  • Just realized how important a high level Hulk with 5 black could be in this tourney, due to strike tiles.

So...

much...

Anger!!!!
  • How many days is the question though.
  • Just realized how important a high level Hulk with 5 black could be in this tourney, due to strike tiles.

So...

much...

Anger!!!!

Yah it's fantastic otherwise you cannibalize your strike tiles. He's good in general because he'll be out front for greens!blacks which you need for Loki/wolv then he generates green being hit by boosted wolvie
  • jozier wrote:
    How many days is the question though.
    2-3 I woke up on the third and the prompt changed, only had an update button, and locked the game from starting
  • turul wrote:
    Appears to be 1 rounds only...
    Seems to be new to pvp since the patch. It's present even in LRs.
  • I'm having an extremely odd experience with this tourney. Used my tank team, 30-Wolvie(4star)/20-m.Storm/6-obw to win the 1st match. And I've actually been gaining points by doing nothing but racking up defensive wins. I guess players underestimate m.storm+obw? lol