Prodigal Sun Apr 8 - Apr 14

Options

Comments

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got to love when the event still has what 4 days left and there is nothing you earn by playing. Thats right the top reward can be getting to very easy by the end of the first nod.....
  • Does the main event(Enter the Dark Avengers) node stay open for the entire event?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Anyone else find it strange that the essentials have Magneto required for one node and the enemy in the other?
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    I know scaling should increase but start the event and goon nodes starting at lvl 110 vs boosted Ares/Daken/Kingpin

Sentry node is lvl 30
    Punisher final node is lvl 160

The initial node is at a high fixed level because you've 3 loaners who are generally quite capable and even if they're not, you get infinite tries with the loaners. A single Maggia Pawns is usually close to enough to win that fight by itself.

Sentry teamup nodes always have extremely low enemy levels.

I got 280 for the Punisher, which seems normal for this event.

Hey Phantron,
    It wasn't the opening node loaners but the first node in the sub (Manhattan).
    All 4 of the goon nodes leading up to Sentry were 120+ scaling higher in the second pass.
    This then dropped to lvl 40 odd for 2x Sentry and 1st Punisher nodes, switching to 140 then 160 for the second punisher node.

It wasn't a problem per say but, just curious if this is down to scaling/better roster or something else. Goon nodes starting at lvls higher than regular roster was a little surprising and i don't remember it being that high last time.
  • Phantron wrote:
    I know scaling should increase but start the event and goon nodes starting at lvl 110 vs boosted Ares/Daken/Kingpin

Sentry node is lvl 30
    Punisher final node is lvl 160

The initial node is at a high fixed level because you've 3 loaners who are generally quite capable and even if they're not, you get infinite tries with the loaners. A single Maggia Pawns is usually close to enough to win that fight by itself.

Sentry teamup nodes always have extremely low enemy levels.

I got 280 for the Punisher, which seems normal for this event.

Hey Phantron,
    It wasn't the opening node loaners but the first node in the sub (Manhattan).
    All 4 of the goon nodes leading up to Sentry were 120+ scaling higher in the second pass.
    This then dropped to lvl 40 odd for 2x Sentry and 1st Punisher nodes, switching to 140 then 160 for the second punisher node.

It wasn't a problem per say but, just curious if this is down to scaling/better roster or something else. Goon nodes starting at lvls higher than regular roster was a little surprising and i don't remember it being that high last time.

This event has always does that. Not sure who thought "ok lets do hard nodes in the beginning to UNLOCK easy nodes later. Yeah!" makes sense
    fmftint wrote:
    Anyone else find it strange that the essentials have Magneto required for one node and the enemy in the other?

Nope, they pull this **** with 4* all the time
  • Here's what I do find strange tho: A Kingpin node to UNLOCK a Loki node. ****? So the whole premise behind "hey you missed Kingpin but its ok he's only like half featured" goes out the window.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lerysh wrote:
    Here's what I do find strange tho: A Kingpin node to UNLOCK a Loki node. ****? So the whole premise behind "hey you missed Kingpin but its ok he's only like half featured" goes out the window.

True dat, in Los Angeles you don't get Bring The Thunder, Poison Truths or Loki until you beat the Kingpin node.
  • This has to be the most boring pve I have played thus far. Everything is scaled high which takes all the enjoyment out of it and we have to deal with a whole bunch of batteries for character powers. Nothing but a grind. Hopefully, they at least give us something other than the usual red Sentry cover. Lastly, I hate when they have two sub events running at the same time
  • Alchemist4 wrote:
    This has to be the most boring pve I have played thus far. Everything is scaled high which takes all the enjoyment out of it and we have to deal with a whole bunch of batteries for character powers. Nothing but a grind. Hopefully, they at least give us something other than the usual red Sentry cover. Lastly, I hate when they have two sub events running at the same time
    its been sentry cover last 3 times why would they change it

according to D3 they only change event stuff "for an emergency"
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yep, screw this event. It really just seems like yesterday that we fought through its tedium.

Hit my Loki reward cover halfway through Wakanda (he's now 5/5/3, huzzah!) and have happily bowed out.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Alchemist4 wrote:
    This has to be the most boring pve I have played thus far. Everything is scaled high which takes all the enjoyment out of it and we have to deal with a whole bunch of batteries for character powers. Nothing but a grind. Hopefully, they at least give us something other than the usual red Sentry cover. Lastly, I hate when they have two sub events running at the same time

Double subs are awful. In a lot of ways this was worse than the hunt, because those double subs were offset. I'm not looking forward to doing the full grind of both subs at the same time.
  • Vankysher
    Vankysher Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Moon Roach wrote:
    Lerysh wrote:
    Here's what I do find strange tho: A Kingpin node to UNLOCK a Loki node. ****? So the whole premise behind "hey you missed Kingpin but its ok he's only like half featured" goes out the window.

True dat, in Los Angeles you don't get Bring The Thunder, Poison Truths or Loki until you beat the Kingpin node.
    Must be some other requirement as I have not beaten the last all goon node or the BP + 2 goon node but I did beat the Kingpin node but I don't see the other nodes in Los Angeles.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For Sunday's subs, when I woke up I cleared the hard except for the essential (I don't have Kingpin) down to 1 immediately. Then just played the easy semi-optimally, which was easier since I only had 5 nodes I could play. Finished the hard essential at night, placed top 2 in the hard, top 50 in easy.

I think that's the only way to really manage it. Granted, I have an easy bracket so I'm placing top 10 with half-assed effort, but optimal play in these types of events is for the birds.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jffdougan wrote:
    US release date is Friday, 1 May 2015. (I know, 'cause it's the day after my birthday and with my wife needing to fly out for a job interview really early on Saturday morning, I don't get to see it that weekend.)

This event wraps up on Apr. 14. Take a week or so off, per Ice IX. That puts us around the 21st or so. Run another PVE to introduce Scarlet Witch, ending roughly Monday the 27th. New story event can start that night. Release Vision afterward, since he was held back & kept secret for a long time.
    In Europe and a number of other countries, the movie is out in 10 days.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I am guessing people are really running for these QS covers.. went to bed ranked 135, woke up ranked 260. Hell's Kitchen is a nightmare! Still havent beaten the 2nd node on that... OBW can never get enough blues to assist on timers before lvl 146 pyro roasts my team, any tips??
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    I am guessing people are really running for these QS covers.. went to bed ranked 135, woke up ranked 260. Hell's Kitchen is a nightmare! Still havent beaten the 2nd node on that... OBW can never get enough blues to assist on timers before lvl 146 pyro roasts my team, any tips??

As the current leader on my board, and having done 2 rounds of both subs so far, my best suggestion for those goon feeder nodes is to use xf/cmag/obw. Basically, you're looking to ap drain to feed cmag red/bl and xf gr/bk. You have to knock out hero character FIRST. Once he's out, you can use obw's blue and pur to control the goons.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    puppychow wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

As the current leader on my board, and having done 2 rounds of both subs so far, my best suggestion for those goon feeder nodes is to use xf/cmag/obw. Basically, you're looking to ap drain to feed cmag red/bl and xf gr/bk. You have to knock out hero character FIRST. Once he's out, you can use obw's blue and pur to control the goons.

Only one cover for XF so far. Using Ares, OBW, and Daredevil (now that his PVP is done), was using SQ. SQ and DD are both level 102 on my roster. My 2 highest chars 3thor and Doom (both 142) i am using them in PVP so don't want to waste their health on the PVE.
  • Vankysher
    Vankysher Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    I'm in the same boat though my roster top end is lvl 86 right now so I have Ares/Daken boosted to 125 and only have managed to down the analyst once and have wiped all the other times.
    Pretty sad that I beat the first node, can't beat the 2nd node & barely managed to beat the 1st essential due to a lucky board.
  • Captain America is probably the best character in the goon/villain combo because a lot of time he can pretty much put the game away as soon as you get Peacemaker. Since Avengers aren't exactly Ares or Juggernaut in terms of durability most of the time it's better to concentrate on the Avenger first. Even if they have a Lieutenant, a lot of the time the guys who can move the board have less HP than the Lieutenant so if you could've downed Lieutenant you also could've downed the Avenger as well.
  • I'm so glad my shard is going easy for Quicksilver covers. Started Friday night with 85 in the bracket, missed the first subs, grinded the first set of subs and missed a clear last night and I'm on the border of 40s. Hoping my shard doesn't wake up before ending tomorrow night.