Prodigal Sun Apr 8 - Apr 14

Options

Comments

• morgh wrote:
    Because overscaled Thor, Wolverine, Hulk and Falcon being fed purple is so much better... oh and not being able to use XF, LT or GT...
    Remember also about the double goon+HT node - that's fun too!

Use LT/cmags/loki in Wolverine nodes. Swap XF in for LT whenever it's possible. I don't think there are Wolv/Thor nodes in this event, but in that case you could put in BP
  • darkmagearcanis
    Options
    morgh wrote:
    Because overscaled Thor, Wolverine, Hulk and Falcon being fed purple is so much better... oh and not being able to use XF, LT or GT...
    Remember also about the double goon+HT node - that's fun too!

But think of the team ups you'll get from beating them icon_twisted.gif
  • Frailezim
    Frailezim Posts: 68
    Options
    Silly question, but what are the refresh times for this event?
  • orionpeace
    orionpeace Posts: 343 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    In case it matters in determining your level of interest in this event, please be aware that Quicksilver has been changed, modified, nerfed from the originally released information.

Basically, they decided to slow him down and make 5 covers SUPER important.

Personally, I went from wanting 3 covers to only worrying about getting 1 for the next PvE.

YMMV
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I like how in the very first node, there is no way you can use your own Bullseye. The loaner is level 94, while the cap is 78.
  • darkmagearcanis
    Options
    jojeda654 wrote:
    I like how in the very first node, there is no way you can use your own Bullseye. The loaner is level 94, while the cap is 78.

Is it a hint towards Bullseye getting a third power?
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IW is the rank 1-2 placement award. You mean to tell me that Quicksilver wasn't supposed to be Mr. Fantastic?! Plus QS cover art and character design look horrendous!

I'll just play until I reach Loki's green and stop.
  • jojeda654 wrote:

If you use Bullseye you break MPQ for everyone, duh
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oh holy tinykitty yes, a tired old PVE to introduce the third new character in as many weeks!

Said absolutely nobody ever.

Pre-anniversary apathy and hatred of the game format back in force. CBF with anything other than DDQ.

GG, devs. GG.

LOL I remember when Prodigal Sun first came out. Everyone kept saying how awesome the PVE was, how innovate it was with multiple branches and a free one time sentry cover! LOL. I remember getting on in game chat telling everyone!

Don't forget to play the one time node on "thunderbolt mountain"! Free sentry cover!
    LOL

My how times have changed. hahaha
  • icon_e_confused.gif

Well... at least in the very first run through, I enjoyed the team of Ares/CMags/Loki. I need to get more Mags and Loki covers.
  • frostCoH
    frostCoH Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Options
    I loathe it when a 4* is required.

I can't be the only one.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jffdougan wrote:
    StevO-J wrote:
    I can't be the only one to wonder about the points available in this because final progression at 14k for a 5.5 day event seems really low IMO. Compared to the previous event where I was only barely able to get all progression rewards this is certainly an improvement presuming they didn't lower the points for the nodes or anything like that. Too bad I don't need the Loki green myself, but it's a vast improvement over MoStorm, and boosted Ares and Daken is fun to play I have to say. Looking forward to trying Ares/Daken/Loki, actives in all colours and three passives should work pretty well, right?

Trying to stay positive here, I agree that the back-to-back-to-back new character releases are kind of pushing it too far, but I just hope this is a one time thing and not something we are going to have to get used to in the long run.

I strongly suspect that the consecutive releases were designed to wrap the Women of Marvel month, tie into the Daredevil series, and start Avengers: Age of Ultron tie-in stuff so that it's all finished on time.

There's no way anybody at D3/Demiurge could confirm that, but that's how the evidence points.

This event is an ISO grinder, the final reward is for everyone, which is why Loki is an early daily reward as well. Everyone gets to get the cover, even without hardcore grinding, those in it for the quicksilver will have loads of nodes and loads of ISO to get, even long after they get the cover.
  • Yea, lets make T50 4*star character and make it essential immediately in the next event, so people who didnt get Kingpin have lower chance of grabbing Quicksilver... so wow, much amazed, great awesome....
  • Phumade wrote:
    Oh holy tinykitty yes, a tired old PVE to introduce the third new character in as many weeks!

Said absolutely nobody ever.

Pre-anniversary apathy and hatred of the game format back in force. CBF with anything other than DDQ.

GG, devs. GG.

LOL I remember when Prodigal Sun first came out. Everyone kept saying how awesome the PVE was, how innovate it was with multiple branches and a free one time sentry cover! LOL. I remember getting on in game chat telling everyone!

Don't forget to play the one time node on "thunderbolt mountain"! Free sentry cover!
    LOL

My how times have changed. hahaha

I agree. It is definitely a nicer one to play than facing the same Dark Avengers again. For the millionth time. In every node.
    I like that there are different subs with different opponents in each. The difficulty level, while challenging (Hell's Kitchen especially), never feels soul crushing in a way that some of those others (Ares being fed by 2 goons) can.
    I feel like we've seen it a more recently than I'd like, but I usually enjoy playing this event.

As for the complaints about how a 4* is required as en essential - Ok, maybe if you're trying to go all out and get top 10 for all of the covers, that could be a problem not having him. But when he was rewarded to 50 out of 1000 players, and Quicksilver rewards will go to top 150, not all top 150 of those players will have a Kingpin on their roster. It will be very achievable to get into top 150 rewards without him.
  • The only problem with the Prodigal Sun is that ever since they made the Mayhem nodes always unlocked it's just a lot of nodes to grind through. In its original incarnation the Mayhem nodes usually locked with 3 hours left on the event if at all so you can't grind them much even if you wanted to.

In general, the Avengers are a much weaker subset of characters compared to Dark Avengers so people have an easier time against Avengers. Or perhaps it'd be more correct to say most of the DA affiliated characters are stupidly broken at high levels (Daken, Ares, Juggernaut, The Hood) while the Avengers are fairly ordinary at high levels.
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Azoic wrote:
    They really should have addressed roster slots (cheaper or something) or increased hp gains prior to this. Very poor management that just pisses people off and makes them quit. I don't mind spending money on the game, but not if/when they cost $5 just to add a single char to my roster. That costs so mich more than a typival AAA title.

$5 doesn't even buy me a full roster slot anymore. I can only imagine the vets who've been playing a lot longer than I have can barely buy a slot for $10.
  • ynglink
    ynglink Posts: 195
    Options
    So with the progression reward so low, I can just jump in the last couple nodes and get it right? Right?
  • Yea, lets make T50 4*star character and make it essential immediately in the next event, so people who didnt get Kingpin have lower chance of grabbing Quicksilver... so wow, much amazed, great awesome....

He's top 100 didn't u merc your alliance icon_e_wink.gif
    Phantron wrote:
    The only problem with the Prodigal Sun is that ever since they made the Mayhem nodes always unlocked it's just a lot of nodes to grind through. In its original incarnation the Mayhem nodes usually locked with 3 hours left on the event if at all so you can't grind them much even if you wanted to.

In general, the Avengers are a much weaker subset of characters compared to Dark Avengers so people have an easier time against Avengers. Or perhaps it'd be more correct to say most of the DA affiliated characters are stupidly broken at high levels (Daken, Ares, Juggernaut, The Hood) while the Avengers are fairly ordinary at high levels.

Part of it is it's just nice to fight alternative opponents, part of it is the goons aren't 100% made in mind to feed their characters(AKA Doombots to Doom, etc.). Then there's the fact that you fight ALOT of 1*/2* DAs who scale incredibly well. But on the flip side scaling is pretty ridiculous this event
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    jffdougan wrote:

I strongly suspect that the consecutive releases were designed to wrap the Women of Marvel month, tie into the Daredevil series, and start Avengers: Age of Ultron tie-in stuff so that it's all finished on time.

There's no way anybody at D3/Demiurge could confirm that, but that's how the evidence points.

The thing that confuses me is the Avengers movie tie-in. If my memory serves me, the film is being released in May, correct? If so, why have a related event a full 4+ weeks in advance? MY FEAR is that there will be MORE Ultron film related characters being released later this month (i.e. Vision/Scarlett Witch). So even if it turns out next weekend is free of a new character debut event, the weekends after that might see more debuts. . . icon_e_surprised.gificon_cry.gif
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    Azoic wrote:
    They really should have addressed roster slots (cheaper or something) or increased hp gains prior to this. Very poor management that just pisses people off and makes them quit. I don't mind spending money on the game, but not if/when they cost $5 just to add a single char to my roster. That costs so mich more than a typival AAA title.

$5 doesn't even buy me a full roster slot anymore. I can only imagine the vets who've been playing a lot longer than I have can barely buy a slot for $10.

I just paid 1,000 hp to buy a slot for Kingpin last night. I've resigned myself to the fact that I'll be buying more slots this month and next. icon_redface.gif