Prodigal Sun Apr 8 - Apr 14

Options

Comments

• puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    Frailezim wrote:
    Silly question, but what are the refresh times for this event?

it's 36 hour subs, with 8 hour refresh per node. At least we're not back to the days of 2.5 hour refreshes. Thankfully icon_cool.gif
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    In general, the Avengers are a much weaker subset of characters compared to Dark Avengers so people have an easier time against Avengers. Or perhaps it'd be more correct to say most of the DA affiliated characters are stupidly broken at high levels (Daken, Ares, Juggernaut, The Hood) while the Avengers are fairly ordinary at high levels.

Don't forget Moonstone! Her red attack is a big KO when she's boosted.
  • puppychow wrote:
    jffdougan wrote:

I strongly suspect that the consecutive releases were designed to wrap the Women of Marvel month, tie into the Daredevil series, and start Avengers: Age of Ultron tie-in stuff so that it's all finished on time.

There's no way anybody at D3/Demiurge could confirm that, but that's how the evidence points.

The thing that confuses me is the Avengers movie tie-in. If my memory serves me, the film is being released in May, correct? If so, why have a related event a full 4+ weeks in advance? MY FEAR is that there will be MORE Ultron film related characters being released later this month (i.e. Vision/Scarlett Witch). So even if it turns out next weekend is free of a new character debut event, the weekends after that might see more debuts. . . icon_e_surprised.gificon_cry.gif

It seems like multiple new Avengers character will be required (or maybe teamup) for the upcoming Ultron event so if anything the new characters currently aren't being released fast enough if we assume the event comes out shortly after the film is out.
  • Phantron wrote:
    puppychow wrote:
    jffdougan wrote:

I strongly suspect that the consecutive releases were designed to wrap the Women of Marvel month, tie into the Daredevil series, and start Avengers: Age of Ultron tie-in stuff so that it's all finished on time.

There's no way anybody at D3/Demiurge could confirm that, but that's how the evidence points.

The thing that confuses me is the Avengers movie tie-in. If my memory serves me, the film is being released in May, correct? If so, why have a related event a full 4+ weeks in advance? MY FEAR is that there will be MORE Ultron film related characters being released later this month (i.e. Vision/Scarlett Witch). So even if it turns out next weekend is free of a new character debut event, the weekends after that might see more debuts. . . icon_e_surprised.gificon_cry.gif

It seems like multiple new Avengers character will be required (or maybe teamup) for the upcoming Ultron event so if anything the new characters currently aren't being released fast enough if we assume the event comes out shortly after the film is out.

I hope Pietro is the "exception" if we need quality Avengers to take on a boss(Ultron).
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Is Prodigal Sun one of the events with a weird difficulty spike at the start?

I've done perhaps a dozen matches total in the last 2 PvE events, but so far the all the matches in Prodigal Sun have been against goon teams 40-50 levels higher with combined 30 to 35,000 health - if this is just a spiky start I'll persevere, but if I can expect the whole event to be like this I'll just sit this one out too.
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My memory is hazy - is this the event with "the Final Solution" at the end of the last sub event, awarding a free cover for The Sentry?
  • Arondite wrote:
    My memory is hazy - is this the event with "the Final Solution" at the end of the last sub event, awarding a free cover for The Sentry?

It might have been when Sentry was first introduced. Based to the most recent version of Prodigal Son, it doesn't seem like they're giving way any free Sentry cover.
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    dathremar wrote:
    Arondite wrote:

It might have been when Sentry was first introduced. Based to the most recent version of Prodigal Son, it doesn't seem like they're giving way any free Sentry cover.

No, the previous running of Prodigal Sun gave the free Sentry cover as well. I just checked.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, I got it. Red IIRC.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    anyone elses levels going nuts. Last nod went from mid 50s to 160 in 3 hours
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Options
    puppychow wrote:
    jffdougan wrote:

US release date is Friday, 1 May 2015. (I know, 'cause it's the day after my birthday and with my wife needing to fly out for a job interview really early on Saturday morning, I don't get to see it that weekend.)

This event wraps up on Apr. 14. Take a week or so off, per Ice IX. That puts us around the 21st or so. Run another PVE to introduce Scarlet Witch, ending roughly Monday the 27th. New story event can start that night. Release Vision afterward, since he was held back & kept secret for a long time.
  • jffdougan wrote:
    puppychow wrote:
    jffdougan wrote:

US release date is Friday, 1 May 2015. (I know, 'cause it's the day after my birthday and with my wife needing to fly out for a job interview really early on Saturday morning, I don't get to see it that weekend.)

This event wraps up on Apr. 14. Take a week or so off, per Ice IX. That puts us around the 21st or so. Run another PVE to introduce Scarlet Witch, ending roughly Monday the 27th. New story event can start that night. Release Vision afterward, since he was held back & kept secret for a long time.

where is proof for vision?
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I know scaling should increase but start the event and goon nodes starting at lvl 110 vs boosted Ares/Daken/Kingpin

Sentry node is lvl 30
    Punisher final node is lvl 160
  • I know scaling should increase but start the event and goon nodes starting at lvl 110 vs boosted Ares/Daken/Kingpin

Sentry node is lvl 30
    Punisher final node is lvl 160

The initial node is at a high fixed level because you've 3 loaners who are generally quite capable and even if they're not, you get infinite tries with the loaners. A single Maggia Pawns is usually close to enough to win that fight by itself.

Sentry teamup nodes always have extremely low enemy levels.

I got 280 for the Punisher, which seems normal for this event.
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Arondite wrote:
    dathremar wrote:
    Arondite wrote:

No, the previous running of Prodigal Sun gave the free Sentry cover as well. I just checked.

And for what it's worth, the last time they ran the Hulk event (late Dec/ early Jan?), it gave a free Hulk green cover as well.

I really wish we'd see some new PvE events like that. It seems like it would be a far better way to get people excited about new characters, to give them their first taste free.
  • Arondite wrote:
    dathremar wrote:
    Arondite wrote:

And for what it's worth, the last time they ran the Hulk event (late Dec/ early Jan?), it gave a free Hulk green cover as well.

I really wish we'd see some new PvE events like that. It seems like it would be a far better way to get people excited about new characters, to give them their first taste free.

In my open letter to D3(viewtopic.php?f=7&t=21439) I asked for every 7 day event they let us do to let us have a 'prize node' at the end like Hulk/Sun that gives a cover/LOTS OF ISO/LOTS OF HP. It would make people try and be 'worth it'.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    After finishing two spots out of getting the Kamala Khan cover a couple events ago and missing the progression last event, I just randomly pulled her from the first progression token in Prodigal Sun. It's nice when life works out in the end.
  • I'm hoping I can get a bit of advice. Right now, I have these characters getting boosted:

Lv135 Magneto 2/5/2
    Lv134 Ares 4/4/5
    Lv134 Daken 4/5/4
    Lv130 Kingpin 1/0/0
    Lv122 Loki 5/2/1

Trying to figure out which would be the best group to use. Been using Mag/Ares/Loki so far and it's worked well, but I'm trying to figure out if I should switch someone out for Daken for the Attack Tiles and sped up Healing.
  • RichHurtz wrote:
    I'm hoping I can get a bit of advice. Right now, I have these characters getting boosted:

Lv135 Magneto 2/5/2
    Lv134 Ares 4/4/5
    Lv134 Daken 4/5/4
    Lv130 Kingpin 1/0/0
    Lv122 Loki 5/2/1

Trying to figure out which would be the best group to use. Been using Mag/Ares/Loki so far and it's worked well, but I'm trying to figure out if I should switch someone out for Daken for the Attack Tiles and sped up Healing.
    always use ares whenever powered up green and yellow kill anything

1 greenflag.png on loki isn't great but still usable if he's hiding behind someone.

I'd say ares/daken/mag is your best team, kingpin can't really do much outside if being essential for u and tanking colors
  • Okay. I'll try switching out Loki for Daken for a bit. It is nice being able to change up the board with Loki's Purple if i need to, but it's at least worth a shot.

And yeah, I'm only using Kingpin in Essential nodes for now.