Ben Grimm wrote:
    Is the final reward still Sentry red?

Yup.

Bummer. Thanks.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    Is the final reward still Sentry red?

Yup.

Bummer. Thanks.

Just look at it this way, it's a node where you get the 500 iso8.png reward on the first time.
  • Silly question: My brain is trying to tell me they removed a sub - I can't remember playing Wakanda. Wasn't there a Wakanda sub usually? Did I just not pay attention to it and it happened, or is it in another PvE?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    dearbluey wrote:
    Silly question: My brain is trying to tell me they removed a sub - I can't remember playing Wakanda. Wasn't there a Wakanda sub usually? Did I just not pay attention to it and it happened, or is it in another PvE?
    Wakanda was there.
    I got a T50 alliance token from it, which gave me a blue Quicksilver, so I paid attention to where it was from icon_e_wink.gif
  • Bowgentle wrote:
    dearbluey wrote:
    Silly question: My brain is trying to tell me they removed a sub - I can't remember playing Wakanda. Wasn't there a Wakanda sub usually? Did I just not pay attention to it and it happened, or is it in another PvE?
    Wakanda was there.
    I got a T50 alliance token from it, which gave me a blue Quicksilver, so I paid attention to where it was from icon_e_wink.gif

Thank you. I must have been on cruise control. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Vankysher
    Vankysher Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm having terrible difficulty on the node "The Final Choice" as it keeps scaling upwards despite my wiping 3 times.
    It is currently sitting at lvl 169 from 166.
    I've run my boosted to lvl 125 Ares/Daken & lvl 65 Hood (5/5/1) and tried iso-boosting the last time and I don't last very long at all.
    I hate wasting all my health packs just trying to earn this cover & ignoring all the other nodes but burn out issues aside - I'd take any advice on what team to try as nobody on my roster is above lv 86 (non-boosted).
  • Vankysher wrote:
    I'm having terrible difficulty on the node "The Final Choice" as it keeps scaling upwards despite my wiping 3 times.
    I've run my boosted to lvl 125 Ares/Daken & lvl 65 Hood (5/5/1) and tried iso-boosting the last time and I don't last very long at all.
    I hate wasting all my health packs just trying to earn this cover & ignoring all the other nodes but burn out issues aside - I'd take any advice on what team to try as nobody on my roster is above lv 86 (non-boosted).

The easiest way would be mega whales.

If this is not an option I think you have to use AP+3 all boosts.

One thing to keep in mind is that in this fight the enemy has some top skills but are somewhat limited. Thor's red is much weaker than Captain/Wolverine's red, and Wolverine's green is much weaker than Thor's green, so for example if they've a lot of red and you can down Thor, you probably want to wait until Thor uses up the red before downing him because either Captain or Wolverine's red is likely to one shot somebody. The Hood is not that great here because The Hood is a multiplier on your offense, but since you cannot use 3 (maybe more) of the top offense characters in the game the effect you're getting considerably less. All the times I've beaten it I just picked 3 of my most powerful characters and send a guy to take one for the team if they got enough for an Adamantium Slash. It's hardly reliable but I don't think you can have a safe way of beating that node given the restriction it imposes.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vankysher wrote:

OBW Hood Ares is probably a stronger comp. Red + green are the most dangerous colors until Wolverine is down, probably want to go Wolverine Thor Cap Am. Remember that Wolverine heals under 50% so you should hold off on any of Ares' abilities until his is right at that range, then burst him down. Grab red + green, then purple and blue if nothing else is available. Keep an eye on their yellow and start denying it if Thor is getting close to a Thunder Strike and remember to use OBW's purple when you maximize value (if they have no red, try to bait them into matching one before you steal it. Watch their AP levels).
  • Vankysher
    Vankysher Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    The easiest way would be mega whales.

If this is not an option I think you have to use AP+3 all boosts.

One thing to keep in mind is that in this fight the enemy has some top skills but are somewhat limited. Thor's red is much weaker than Captain/Wolverine's red, and Wolverine's green is much weaker than Thor's green, so for example if they've a lot of red and you can down Thor, you probably want to wait until Thor uses up the red before downing him because either Captain or Wolverine's red is likely to one shot somebody. The Hood is not that great here because The Hood is a multiplier on your offense, but since you cannot use 3 (maybe more) of the top offense characters in the game the effect you're getting considerably less. All the times I've beaten it I just picked 3 of my most powerful characters and send a guy to take one for the team if they got enough for an Adamantium Slash. It's hardly reliable but I don't think you can have a safe way of beating that node given the restriction it imposes.

Thanks!
    I went ahead and planned on using mega whales and used +2AP b/p & +2 All AP to get me started.
    My starting board was actually ridiculous as I could start out with 2 match-5 in red and green and then a subsequent yellow match-5. AWolv happily generated strike tiles when green was collected instead of saving for CotS like it did the last 3 times. Unfortunately I missed the purple match 5 that fell into place but I managed to down Cap & Thor relatively quickly with DPool & Daken by denying red, blue and green as much as possible. Still wound up having to use mega-whales as everyone on my team were at less than 30% health with insufficient AP, a board that was dry of any colors littered with enemy strike tiles, AWolv at full health along with enough AP to one-shot anyone.
  • dkffiv wrote:
    Vankysher wrote:

OBW Hood Ares is probably a stronger comp. Red + green are the most dangerous colors until Wolverine is down, probably want to go Wolverine Thor Cap Am. Remember that Wolverine heals under 50% so you should hold off on any of Ares' abilities until his is right at that range, then burst him down. Grab red + green, then purple and blue if nothing else is available. Keep an eye on their yellow and start denying it if Thor is getting close to a Thunder Strike and remember to use OBW's purple when you maximize value (if they have no red, try to bait them into matching one before you steal it. Watch their AP levels).

Going all in on AP steal works too, though since his The Hood is only level 65 he'd need to pay extra attention to the board to make sure you don't take a big cascade which can do a lot of damage to either OBW or The Hood from just match damage alone. I go for Thor first because he has 2 powerful moves (green/yellow) whereas the other two only have one (only red is realistically threatening on either), and plus when you've Thor low this allows you to purposely take his red to avoid the far more devastating reds from the other two without worrying about eventually taking a Call the Storm or Thunder Strike. When going with an AP denial strategy, you want to keep the board state boring so try to match near the top if possible once you're pretty sure all the match 4/5s and great chains are gone, since matches at the top keeps the board in the same boring configuration that gives you more time for The Hood to get to work.
  • Unknown
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Vankysher wrote:

Is that the final node? Beat it with Daken/OBW/Ares yesterday at around lvl 160. Targeted Wolverine first, focusing on Green, Purple, then Red/Yellow. Downed Wolverine with a sunder, then collected Green until I could down LThor with Onslaught and a Rampage while Daken easily brushed aside Thor's red. Steve without red stood no chance.

If you're talking the penultimate node, I think I used Daken/MNMags/CStorm, and tried to make Daken take the hits while denying Green/Red and collecting Purple/Blue. Despite getting little Purple until the end game, was able to survive.
  • Lol, I just dropped my first super whales to get the red Sentry cover. The animation with it is worth saving up the points for a week icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    where do you see the red cover
  • slidecage wrote:
    where do you see the red cover
    at the end of the nightmare
  • Mawryk
    Mawryk Posts: 14
    Options
    To add more detail: beat all nodes, and after the last one-time node (happens to have a yellow circle around it), the final, final node should pop up.

The one-time node(s) either require you to beat all of the main nodes on the bottom branches and/or the 2 essential nodes.

So in short, beat everything, look for a new node. Beat that, look for another new node. Beat that, look at shiny red sentry cover.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The Essential nodes are not required for the Sentry cover.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Does anyone currently know how much longer this PvE is open? I've been done with my slice for a while and I don't remember the end time.

Edit: Nevermind, got around to grabbing the PC client to keep track of these things. Event ends at 3AM EST.