Thick as Thieves (1 Apr - 8 Apr 2015)

Options
1234568»

Comments

• puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    I've been able to clear business partners with Xforce, LDaken, and Deadpool. Deadpool's red and LDaken blue get me close to taking down Hood. Then hope to pull off surgical on Magneto.

I tried using a xf/cage/cyclops combo and kept getting wiped out. Finally switched over to xf/laken/dp and cleared the node easily. Whoever is used for your team, you have to find a way to do damage for blue, yellow, red, and black quickly. DP/Laken is the best combo I could come up with. You could probably do a Gamora/Laken as well since her red attack triggers so quickly.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options

Tried it. DP jumped in front and took a Magnetized Projectiles WAY before I even got half the purple I needed. It seems like unless you luck into an EXTREMELY favorable board from the very first turn, you might as well quit out.

Yeah, I totally hate it when DP tries to play the hero and jump in front of a knockout blow. What I do is let my max leveled DP lose some health first before I enter these kinds of battles; as long as his health is the lowest on the team, he will NOT leapfrog like that.
  • I haven't come up with a good team against those two. Cleared that node twice so far - once with Patch/LDaken/Loki and once with DD/Hulk/GSBW. Both times, it was pretty lucky.

Wiped 4-5 times with different teams.
    Malcrof wrote:
    Business Partners CANNOT be done.

That is all.

Whales Whales Whales!

Tried it. DP jumped in front and took a Magnetized Projectiles WAY before I even got half the purple I needed. It seems like unless you luck into an EXTREMELY favorable board from the very first turn, you might as well quit out.

You could always ask your teammates for Whales,Whales,Whales TeamUps! It'll also be easier to accumulate 14 TU since Hood can't leach it, and you can use one of the MoStorms if you can manage to get hold of enough yellow.
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    For Hood/Magneto, i used Falcon/Psylocke/Laken. Cheap AP abilities and i just need to match to trigger Inspiration and Pheromone Rage. All 3 are max covered.

Take down Hood first. Deny AP like what others have said. Especially Blue and Red. I lost a few times before i realised this (duh). Then it got better.

Also used Cap Marvel, Daredevil and (can't remember) but only once. I won it but didnt seem as reliable as Fal/Psy/Lak.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Cleared it 5 times within 3 hours, didn't have to try for a sixth. Patch/Hulk/+1 would've worked but I followed someone's advice and picked Spidey as my third. Damn protect tile negated just enough damage that Anger wasn't triggering - had I picked my usual Elektra that would've been good enough for 1 clear. Daken/Blade/Falcon worked once, Punisher/Cage/OBW almost worked but they got a lucky cascade that generated around 40 AP.
  • dkffiv wrote:
    Cleared it 5 times within 3 hours, didn't have to try for a sixth. Patch/Hulk/+1 would've worked but I followed someone's advice and picked Spidey as my third. Damn protect tile negated just enough damage that Anger wasn't triggering - had I picked my usual Elektra that would've been good enough for 1 clear. Daken/Blade/Falcon worked once, Punisher/Cage/OBW almost worked but they got a lucky cascade that generated around 40 AP.

Their match 3s would be something like 360 damage which shouldn't be anywhere near enough to trigger Anger, unless you're giving them match 4/5s.

I had a stream of heavy red/blue boards where you can't really do anything except just lose, though after a couple wipeouts the board returned to something normal and it wasn't too bad. I find that the first thing you need to do is just go for the first purple match and get 7 more black tiles on the board with Iron Fist no matter what the board looks like, because 7 more black means less red/blue and it gives you some time to setup, and if they start matching the blacks that's even better.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    dkffiv wrote:

Their match 3s would be something like 360 damage which shouldn't be anywhere near enough to trigger Anger, unless you're giving them match 4/5s.

I had a stream of heavy red/blue boards where you can't really do anything except just lose, though after a couple wipeouts the board returned to something normal and it wasn't too bad. I find that the first thing you need to do is just go for the first purple match and get 7 more black tiles on the board with Iron Fist no matter what the board looks like, because 7 more black means less red/blue and it gives you some time to setup, and if they start matching the blacks that's even better.

That was after Berserker Rage. With 3 strike tiles and my spidey tiles out they were doing around 540 match damage and I couldn't get Anger off.

Regarding them getting black, Intimidation was hitting for around 4k and any time they had a match 4 it seemed to generate 30+ AP.
  • dkffiv wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    dkffiv wrote:

That was after Berserker Rage. With 3 strike tiles and my spidey tiles out they were doing around 540 match damage and I couldn't get Anger off.

Regarding them getting black, Intimidation was hitting for around 4k and any time they had a match 4 it seemed to generate 30+ AP.

Sure Intimidation hits hard but I'd much rather they use that instead of Polarized Force/Magnetized Particles. Usually I'm trying to take the black myself for Surgical Strike, but if they got the black, it's certainly something I can live with compared to red/blue.

Speaking of cascades, I just had a game where after I downed The Hood, Magneto hit his 'emergency cascade' button and got something like 20 AP of every color except blue, but since I had 30 black AP he can never get a Magnetized Particle off, and I was using Rocket & Groot so his Polarized Force ends up doing very little damage (though still giving him crazy cascades), and he went through so many casting that half of the tiles were protect tiles and there must have been at least 2000 worth of protect tile on the board and I was still doing only 1 damage with I Got A Plan on the board. Of course I still won that easily since he can never use his damaging move but he must have generated 100 AP in about 5 turns after The Hood was down. Thankfully he didn't do that before The Hood was downed.
  • Nylarx
    Nylarx Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options
    I have had the best success with Iron Fist/LDaken/? (? has been Falcon or Patch). As long as you kill Hood with the attack tile and with strike tiles, you only lose one person to Magneto. Worst case scenario Hood does his usual thing and you are boned ^^'
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Scaling is taking The Hood/Mags away from me, unless i use boosts.

OBW/MsMarvel or Kamala (Meat shield/Tank)/ Thor Ares

Was my go to team

edit... let it be over...