**** Kingpin (Wilson Fisk) **** Updated (8/22/17)

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
edited August 2017 in Character Details
Kingpin (Wilson Fisk) icon_kingpinpng
4 Star Rarity (Legendary) Wiki Link
At Max Level: HP: 15618 Tile Damage: 64/10/11/73/11/82/3.5x

Wilson's Gambit blacktilepng
The cost has been increased to 8 Black AP (from 6). Damage has been increased. Remove a Friendly Countdown tile to deal damage to the enemy or if there are 3 or more friendly Countown tiles, remove 3 friendly Countdown tiles and deal enemy team damage instead.

The Fisk Defense purpletilepng
Seeing through his enemy's ruse, Wilson Fisk dismantles their position and strengthens his own. He destroys 4 AP of the enemy's strongest color and generates 4 Yellow AP.
Level Upgrades
  • Level 2: Destroys 5 AP.
  • Level 3: Generates 5 AP.
  • Level 4: Destroys 6 AP.
  • Level 5: Generates 8 AP.
Maggia Pawns yellowtilepng
The damage has been increased for each Countdown created and the duration of the Maggia Muscle and Maggia Hitman Countdown tiles has been decreased by 1.

Old Abilities
    Wilson's Gambit - 6 blacktilepng AP
    The Kingpin pushes one of his pawns forward in a sacrifice play to fuel a savage reprisal. Kingpin deals 448 damage to the target. If there is a friendly Countdown tile on the board, Kingpin destroys it and deals an additional 776 damage. Dev note: Only one additional CD tile per ability use is destroyed
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Deals 538 damage, and 861 extra damage. Level 3: Deals 627 damage, and 954 extra damage. Level 4: Deals 806 damage, and 1133 extra damage. Level 5: Deals 1165 damage, and 1490 extra damage.
    Max Level
      Level 3 - 1243 / 1895 damage. Level 4 - 1598 / 2250 damage. Level 5 - 2309 / 2959 damage.

The Fisk Defense - 8 purpletilepng AP
    Seeing through his enemy's ruse, Wilson Fisk dismantles their position and strengthens his own. He destroys 4 AP of the enemy's strongest color and generates 4 Yellow AP.
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Destroys 5 AP. Level 3: Generates 5 AP. Level 4: Destroys 6 AP. Level 5: Generates 8 AP.
    Maggia Pawns - 10 yellowtilepng AP
    Kingpin commands a force rivaling some armies, he pushes his pawns forward to harass his enemies. Kingpin creates 2 3 turn (Yellow) Maggia Thug Countdown tiles that deal 731 damage.
    Level Upgrades
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Creates 3 3 turn Maggia Thug Countdown tiles Level 3: Also creates a 4 turn
    (Blue) Maggia Muscle Countdown tile that creates 2 Strike tiles of strength 46.
    Level 4: Also creates a 5 turn
    Level 4: Also creates a 5 turn (Black) Maggia Hitman Countdown tile that deals 1553 damage.
    Level 5: Creates 3 3 turn Thug, 2 4 turn Muscle, 2 5 turn Hitman Countdown tiles.
    Max Level (Per tile)
    Level 5: Creates 3 3 turn Thug, 2 4 turn Muscle, 2 5 turn Hitman Countdown tiles.
    Max Level (Per tile)
      Level 3 - 1451 damage / 2 strength 91 Strike tiles. Level 4 - 1451 damage / 2 strength 91 Strike tiles / 3083 damage. Level 5 - 1451 damage / 2 strength 151 Strike tiles / 3083 damage.
    Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• eidehua
      eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
      edited March 2015
      Seems like a strong character. His black would be pretty nice with falcon, besides his own CDs. (The most value would be out of a falcon cd tile)

Even destroying his own tiles are okay with max black, that added 2959 damage is about the same as the 5 turn cd's from yellow.

Also finally a character with > 3 cd's for hood.
    • ronin_san
      ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
      edited March 2015
      This character's cool. Is this Kingpin? It doesn't strike me as Scarlet Witch or Quicksilver. Wait. Ultron?

It took a minute. MODOK!
    • IceIX wrote:
      Anyone who spoils ahead of time gets a promotion to floor 500!

Do we get to meet the Editor??
    • notamutant
      notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
      Got to be Kingpin. All of these moves require careful planning and a criminal level of intelligence to carry out successfully. Stealing AP is a crime, and using it for his own ends is even worse! He has high HP, and is a heavy hitter, but indirectly through his conniving. Since Daredevil comes out in a few days, it is almost definitely Kingpin. I just hope they give us some time between characters! They are only just now releasing Kamala Khan, we can't do a 4 star pve a week later! I really hope they start expanding reward structure for 4 star. My alliance lost its top players because we came in 52 place after a week of grinding.
    • Is that a 10ap yellow that deals 10k+ damage? That might be the first decent countdown ability since sentry.

And god damn, a 4* aggressive recon?

I'm all kinds of interested.
    • SnowcaTT
      SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
      I'd be all kinds of interested if it wasn't 4*, so I had a chance to get more than four covers in six months (right about the rate I've been able to obtain the last several 4*'s).

4*/3*/4*? That's---a little quick methinks.
    • Synergy with Hood to get those countdowns going faster?

Also anyone else feeling 5/4/4 since you can use LThor to generate the extra yellow ap?
    • ZootSax
      ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
      I'm going to guess this is the highly-anticipated "Lazy Bagman", with the regular Bagman adjusted in time for the start of Season XIII icon_lol.gif
      It keeps with the theme of Bagman affecting countdown tiles, right?

Interesting looking character, though, in all seriousness.
    • pabasa130
      pabasa130 Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
      I think he has good synergy with Falcon, given that you *do* want to destroy Redwing's tile as soon as possible.

Funny, I was going through my roster to see any other synergies, and all I can come up are characters you *don't* want to pair him up with for his black. So I presume his purple will be the power to max. Then I get to think who else would make good use of a bunch of yellow AP, and the only ones that makes sense is Thor and Hood (and with overlap on yellow and black I don't Hood is a good match either).

Man this guy doesn't make friends with anyone. Really hope he's going to go through another reiteration before release. Also please delay this release as much as possible. I still have 1 day on Kamala Khan and I don't think I can take another mad rush.
    • The purple is nothing like Aggressive Recon, which is why it's allowed to even exist. You're spending 8 AP to gain 8 AP, so it's not a net gain in theory (though likely a gain in practical terms since you can't always get the color you want or you might just pick up some purple AP anyway) but the enemy loses up to 6 AP so it puts you in an advantageous position for not much investement, assuming you have no other purple powers.

The easiest way to combo into his black would be Loki. You can't rely on Falcon because that assumes the enemy has something you can pick up in the first place.
    • I think we're looking on the wrong rosters to find the really powerful synergies. Imagine how this guy will look in a PVE node backed by two goons who can spam countdown tiles and give him the AP to blow them up in rapid succession. If he's the Kingpin it would be totally natural to see him with Maggia goons. Maybe we'll see a new PVE soon, with this guy at the helm.
    • Mawtful
      Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
      FlameSword wrote:
      Synergy with Hood to get those countdowns going faster?

Also anyone else feeling 5/4/4 since you can use LThor to generate the extra yellow ap?

I don't see any point in going to Rank 4 in Purple. IMO, it's an AP generating ability, the enemy AP destruction is just a bonus.
      Destroying 6 AP (almost) guarantees that the opponent will need to make 2 matches to regain that AP, whereas destroying 5 means that the opponent will usually have to make 2 matches anyway, but might sometimes get a match-5 and regain the AP in 1 turn instead.

Going 5/3/5 would give you 2 extra countdowns over 5/4/4, 1 additional strike tile generator and 1 additional big damage countdown.

I actually think that 3/5/5 is probably the best build if you're looking for synergy with The Hood, since the strat is to use Intmidate to fire countdowns early rather than Unknown's black to blow them up for damage. Also, since Hood will still tank yellow, you want that 13k health pool out front so you'll be grabbing purple to generate yellow.
      Phantron wrote:
      The easiest way to combo into his black would be Loki. You can't rely on Falcon because that assumes the enemy has something you can pick up in the first place.
      I like this synergy with Loki for a 5/5/3 build. The base+ bonus damage from destroyed countdown tile at rank 5 is 5268, and 6 AP is easily achievable. With Loki by himself, I'll sometimes take the match-4 because I know I can kill him on my next turn. But Loki paired with Unknown, and I'm going to be checking to make sure I don't take 5k for my sins.
    • pabasa130
      pabasa130 Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
      I think we're looking on the wrong rosters to find the really powerful synergies. Imagine how this guy will look in a PVE node backed by two goons who can spam countdown tiles and give him the AP to blow them up in rapid succession. If he's the Kingpin it would be totally natural to see him with Maggia goons. Maybe we'll see a new PVE soon, with this guy at the helm.

Brilliant! I think you hit the nail on the head, especially since it's too early to release a new character, but more importantly
      next event is Thick as Thieves, which would make him the right villain!
    • Phantron wrote:
      The purple is nothing like Aggressive Recon, which is why it's allowed to even exist. You're spending 8 AP to gain 8 AP, so it's not a net gain in theory (though likely a gain in practical terms since you can't always get the color you want or you might just pick up some purple AP anyway) but the enemy loses up to 6 AP so it puts you in an advantageous position for not much investement, assuming you have no other purple powers.

it drains ap like aggressive recon. Weird that you wouldn't catch that.
    • ark123 wrote:
      Phantron wrote:
      The purple is nothing like Aggressive Recon, which is why it's allowed to even exist. You're spending 8 AP to gain 8 AP, so it's not a net gain in theory (though likely a gain in practical terms since you can't always get the color you want or you might just pick up some purple AP anyway) but the enemy loses up to 6 AP so it puts you in an advantageous position for not much investement, assuming you have no other purple powers.

it drains ap like aggressive recon. Weird that you wouldn't catch that.
      Actually it doesn't drain AP like Recon in any way. Read it again. It "destroys" AP of the enemy's strongest color and it "generates" yellow. The only thing it really has in common with Recon is the color. Weird that you wouldn't catch that.
    • turul
      turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
      4 star rarity so soon?
      Looks like he is gonna be the seasonal reward, and not ProfX.
    • TazFTW
      TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
      IceIX wrote:
      Anyone who spoils ahead of time gets a promotion to floor 500!

From an episode of Doctor Who during Eccleston's run, The Long Game. Eccleston played Malekith in Thor: The Dark World. Malekith confirmed.

Or Doop. Definitely Doop.
    • simonsez
      simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
      IceIX wrote:
      4 Star Rarity (Legendary)
      Please, make it stop...
    • dkffiv
      dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
      Black is okay but seems overall weaker than something like IF's purple (which admittedly is really really good), purple seems pretty **** with next to no reason to go 5 covers in it, and while yellow sounds cool its more than likely complete tiny puppy. Look at how many tiles survive when Sentry casts WR. Unless you're a goon **** them out every turn, 3 turn+ tiles don't survive. Even if one or two do go off its really not that devastating. Add in the fact that its a 4* and that'll it will take 3+ months to actually cover and it looks like another Elektra.
    • turul
      turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
      IceIX wrote:
      Countdowns, Countdowns, Countdowns - 10 yellowtile.png AP
      Creates 2 3 turn
      (Yellow) Countdown tiles that deal 731 damage.
      Level Upgrades
        Level 2: Creates 3 3 turn Countdown tiles Level 3: Also creates a 4 turn
      (Blue) Countdown tile that creates 2 Strike tiles of strength 46.
      Level 4: Also creates a 5 turn
      (Black) Countdown tile that deals 1553 damage.
      Level 5: Creates 3 3 turn, 2 4 turn, 2 5 turn Countdown tiles.
      Max Level
        Level 3 - 1451 damage / 2 strength 91 Strike tiles. Level 4 - 1451 damage / 2 strength 91 Strike tiles / 3083 damage. Level 5 - 1451 damage / 2 strength 151 Strike tiles / 3083 damage.

This seems similar to goon CD tiles, however if I remember right, goons pop out stronger (strike) tiles at lvl 270! Pls balance accordingly!