Patch Notes - R73 (03/25/15)

Options

Comments

• CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The idea behind the change is that some people were completing matches that were far too hard for their current roster strength by using over-leveled TUs as a crutch - which in turn allowed them to win more over-leveled TUs and repeat the process. This is driving up scaling of all types - personal and community - which turns the situation into a self-fulfilling prophecy; you only get the 300+ Impossible nodes because you're doing artificially better than your roster should be doing.

Extra features like Team-Ups and boosts are nice, but when they become required for progression, then something's wrong and the balance needs to be readdressed.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    CNash wrote:
    The idea behind the change is that some people were completing matches that were far too hard for their current roster strength by using over-leveled TUs as a crutch
    How would someone have gotten an over-leveled TU in the first place if their roster isn't good enough? Your logic doesn't make sense.
  • simonsez wrote:
    CNash wrote:
    The idea behind the change is that some people were completing matches that were far too hard for their current roster strength by using over-leveled TUs as a crutch
    How would someone have gotten an over-leveled TU in the first place if their roster isn't good enough? Your logic doesn't make sense.

Whales, winfinite, stormneto, and these are just the most blatant possibilites
  • dearbluey wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

Team-Ups
    Team-Ups scale up to a player’s average level when receiving a Team-Up from a player.

Waiiiiit....

Player's average level.

Anyone else holding onto some level 1 one-stars currently? They're going to start dragging down your team ups.
    Also, underleveled two, three and four stars will do the same thing. Might need to start spreading out the iso further - and ditching the one-stars. Oh, wait, they're needed for the Deadpool Daily Quest. Ummmm.......

....can I get a dev-check in here? My r73 patch seems a little weird.

The exact formula is: the average level of your best 4 characters. So you can hold on to your 1-stars.

Aha! Thank you!
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kappei wrote:
    Whales, winfinite, stormneto, and these are just the most blatant possibilites
    Two of which no longer exist, and the other implies your roster IS good enough.
  • sc0ville
    sc0ville Posts: 115 Tile Toppler
    Options
    CNash wrote:
    The idea behind the change is that some people were completing matches that were far too hard for their current roster strength by using over-leveled TUs as a crutch - which in turn allowed them to win more over-leveled TUs and repeat the process. This is driving up scaling of all types - personal and community - which turns the situation into a self-fulfilling prophecy; you only get the 300+ Impossible nodes because you're doing artificially better than your roster should be doing.

Extra features like Team-Ups and boosts are nice, but when they become required for progression, then something's wrong and the balance needs to be readdressed.

It's not exactly like using overpowered Teamups to earn overpowered Teamups is a sustainable system. Unlike something like Winifinite which is close to self sustaining (though not entirely) TUPs are not.

When you use a high powered TUP in a match there's no guarantee that you're going to get a TUP in return at the end of the match and even assuming you do get a TUP, it could be something that doesn't scale, or isn't very good to begin with.

Doesn't seem like a giant issue to me, they're certainly not broken and I can't recall ever seeing a thread with people **** about how scaled TUPS are breaking the PVE or PVP. It's a solution in search of a problem.
  • cletus1985
    cletus1985 Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    sc0ville wrote:
    CNash wrote:

It's not exactly like using overpowered Teamups to earn overpowered Teamups is a sustainable system. Unlike something like Winifinite which is close to self sustaining (though not entirely) TUPs are not.

When you use a high powered TUP in a match there's no guarantee that you're going to get a TUP in return at the end of the match and even assuming you do get a TUP, it could be something that doesn't scale, or isn't very good to begin with.

Doesn't seem like a giant issue to me, they're certainly not broken and I can't recall ever seeing a thread with people **** about how scaled TUPS are breaking the PVE or PVP. It's a solution in search of a problem.

I think the solution to the problem they're addressing would be to have the overpowered TU's only available in PvE and scaling them down in PvP. Being able to bomb a team that should beat you in PvP is probably unfair, beating a team on equal ground as the team you beat for the TU in PvE using that overscaled TU is just FAIR.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was playing the Gauntlet earlier and it appears that the AI's team-ups are now also based on YOUR roster's levels rather than theirs. I say this because I was playing against level 220 opponents, but the maximum TU used against me was 94, even though it was a 3-star ability. Has anyone else noticed this?
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    live on android/steam
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    R73 just pushed to android
  • iOS as well.

Will be updating once I get home and can use WIFI.
  • Is there a valid reason why # of covers has been omitted from TUs again? This is as equally, if not more important than the level of the TU.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So we have a 2nd option when receiving an reward whether to send(share) to Facebook friends or discard? I just received icon_squirrelgirl.png from The Gauntlet & was (I admit) afraid to try the new feature in case I misread it & dispose my prize.
  • Marty17 wrote:
    So we have a 2nd option when receiving an reward whether to send(share) to Facebook friends or discard? I just received icon_squirrelgirl.png from The Gauntlet & was (I admit) afraid to try the new feature in case I misread it & dispose my prize.

It's always been there for 1 and sometimes 2 star covers, at random intervals. However, I have never heard of a 3-star being able to be gifted out like that. If so, a minor benefit for playing on the phone has become something larger.
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    CNash wrote:

Nope, i'm not convinced of this. Team ups are already hard to get. If i have to use an overlevelled Team Up just to win that node, it doesnt make sense for me to farm that node just for the small chance of actually getting a TU that i want. With the randomness of getting a desirable TU from any node, that should have blunted the effectiveness of a player's strategy in using TU to clear difficult nodes. Players who want to subject themselves to the pain of difficult nodes should be rewarded with the high level TU. And... Players who managed to complete difficult nodes and were rewarded with overlevelled TU should get the joy of using them.

If scaling is the problem, then fix it. Players play this game to PLAY this game. Not to be shut out of it or to constantly have updates that make playing this game less rewarding.
  • ^That is kind of a good point^. With the changes to team ups, can we raise the drop rate to something reasonable again finally? This 20% of 80% no boosts is really really low.
  • "David wrote:
    Moore"]R73 Patch Notes:

Characters
      - While Star-Lord is stunned, his ability
    Oldest Trick in the Book will not increase the AP for enemy abilities.

Stunning Star-Lord does not decrease the cost on the turn he becomes stunned, making 1 round stuns worthless at protecting from Oldest Trick. It does work for 2 round stuns, after you make a match and he goes down to 1 turn stun left powers are normal.

I thought maybe you get one round of normal powers after the stun runs out instead, but no, so the first part of the stun is ineffective for this.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Options
    dearbluey wrote:
    Marty17 wrote:

It's always been there for 1 and sometimes 2 star covers, at random intervals. However, I have never heard of a 3-star being able to be gifted out like that. If so, a minor benefit for playing on the phone has become something larger.

Oh I meant the sim reward to be the option to be gifted to friends (250 iso8.png) whilst at the same time I've earned icon_squirrelgirl.png from progression. The "extra" button option I'm not too familiar with in case it discards both my rewards.
  • energythief
    energythief Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    gobstopper wrote:
    Is there a valid reason why # of covers has been omitted from TUs again? This is as equally, if not more important than the level of the TU.

Agreed. Yours is the only post I have seen noticing this. Anyone know of a dev acknowledgement/response?
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]R73 Patch Notes:

- Ms. Marvel’s ability Photonic Blasts now correctly does additional tile damage.[/list]

Hi, does everyone know does it mean that now the Protect tiles, when it destroyed by this attack, does damage? Does the edamage does equal to her own tile damage just like other attack that does damaged when tile is destroyed?