Patch Notes - R73 (03/25/15)

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
R73 Patch Notes:

This month we explore the chaotic qualities of speed, crime and brute force.

UI, Tweaks & Bug Fixes
    - Fixed a bug where the mission points tally screen was displaying an incorrect amount of points. - Fixed a bug where players weren't returned to the Chapter Selection screen after completing certain missions. - In-game announcements can now contain links to external websites.

Team-Ups
    - Team-Ups scale up to a player’s average level when receiving a Team-Up from a player. - Team-Ups received from PVE Events no longer scale above the character’s max level. - Fixed a bug where the “On Patrol” timer was overwriting the "Injured" timer on the Character Select screen.

Characters
    - While Star-Lord is stunned, his ability
Oldest Trick in the Book will not increase the AP for enemy abilities.
- Doctor Octopus’s ability Armed and Dangerous now correctly does additional tile damage.
- Ms. Marvel’s ability Photonic Blasts now correctly does additional tile damage.

Comments

• Zifna
    Zifna Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    Team-Ups received from PVE Events no longer scale above the character’s max level.

How does this affect team-ups already in our inventory? For example, if I have a level 193 Devour (Venom's ability), would it suddenly become a L40 ability when the patch hits?
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Zifna wrote:
    Team-Ups received from PVE Events no longer scale above the character’s max level.

How does this affect team-ups already in our inventory? For example, if I have a level 193 Devour (Venom's ability), would it suddenly become a L40 ability when the patch hits?

As written, yes.

And those 395s people earned will drop to 50/94/166. Even though they fought a MUCH MUCH harder battle.
  • "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    - Team-Ups received from PVE Events no longer scale above the character’s max level.

Why? Was it breaking the game or the design intent in any way? Was it a bug that's been in since the original introduction of TUs?

I can't imagine it was very exploitable, what with needing to beat massively scaled nodes over and over and over again for a low chance at a) a TU drop and b) that TU be a useful power you wanted.

These were actually fun. Fun to hoard, fun to have as trophies, fun to use on occasion to end a tough Gauntlet node or the big ISO reward nodes of the Simulator PvE. They were just about the only fun thing for me about TUs. Indifference will be the order of the day now, I suppose...
  • cletus1985
    cletus1985 Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    MarvelMan wrote:
    Zifna wrote:

As written, yes.

And those 395s people earned will drop to 50/94/166. Even though they fought a MUCH MUCH harder battle.

This seems like a really **** change to me, beating nodes that are twice your level should reward you with that level TU, because those TU's are one reliable way to take on the next node of OP'ed enemies. That Venom TU is very useful against a lvl 200 Ares, a level 40 Venom is worthless in almost any event.
  • Are we definitely losing (at least levels on) those 395 TUs we have? Because I'm going to go ahead and use them in the gauntlet if so.
  • You're removing scaling too, right?? Right????
  • "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    - Doctor Octopus’s ability Armed and Dangerous now correctly does additional tile damage.

For what, the 1 CD destoryed? You mean you upped his damage by 11-79 points? Blasphemy! Nerf Doc Ock now! icon_rolleyes.gif

Also what about Cyclops, She Hulk, and others who are destroying tiles for no damage right now?
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Looks like Quicksilver and Kingpin are all but officially announced in this patch preview.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brute Force... new Hulk? Thing? Other?
  • Zifna
    Zifna Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    MarvelMan wrote:
    Zifna wrote:

As written, yes.

Well, it's certainly clear that it would happen for new team-ups earned. They might let legacy team-ups alone, hard to say.

Seems like a foolish change to me. If they want to cap them, maybe cap them at max level for a ****... Even at L200 or so, Venom's chomp for 12 team-up AP is not particularly strong, but at *-level it doesn't even tickle.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2015
    jackstar0 wrote:

Brute force and crime. To the point; I think you aren't using your head enough

Rhino_h172.jpg
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    cletus1985 wrote:
    MarvelMan wrote:
    Zifna wrote:

As written, yes.

This seems like a really **** change to me, beating nodes that are twice your level should reward you with that level TU, because those TU's are one reliable way to take on the next node of OP'ed enemies. That Venom TU is very useful against a lvl 200 Ares, a level 40 Venom is worthless in almost any event.

Why would you assume that TU already won would be affected by R73? I have boosts that still date back from +50% damage to Maggia. I think that these changes only affect TU earned in the future. They have changed quite a few boosts and allowed players to keep them until used.
  • john1620b
    john1620b Posts: 367
    Well, that takes a lot of the fun out of them. I've always thought winning (and using) high-powered team-ups was part of what made the team-up idea fun.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]- Team-Ups received from PVE Events no longer scale above the character’s max level.
    In other words, you just eliminated the last reason I had to consider playing Gauntlet?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    jackstar0 wrote:
    Guessing Juggernaut 3rd ability
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    This month we explore the chaotic qualities of speed, crime and brute force.

Speed... gotta be Quicksilver, right? Will be interesting to see how they do his covers.
    Crime... agree with previous poster - Kingpin. Though my darkhorse candidate is related to "brute force"
    Brute Force... I think this could be Hulkbuster Iron Man - a new 4*. But my other thought is a Grey Hulk.

Grey Hulk could fit both "crime" and "brute force" since Grey Hulkie was a crime mob boss at one point I believe (Joe Fixit). I've also seen a spoiler that Hulk could turn Grey briefly in Avengers 2. Grey Hulk could be a 2* Hulk maybe....

lastly, I think it was Miles in the Feb Video Q&A hinted at doing a variant of an existing character that he was really excited about - so both Hulkbuster Iron Man and Grey Hulk would fit that description as well.

Aw well - with the pace of new character releases, we won't have to wait long to find out.
  • "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Team-Ups
      - Team-Ups scale up to a player’s average level when receiving a Team-Up from a player. - Team-Ups received from PVE Events no longer scale above the character’s max level.
    Can devs also make sure the AI doesn't get TUs that are over their level? I know that Rage of the Panther is a minimum level 40 currently, but it sucks to have your lv 15 team fight a lv 8 mission, only to be wiped by a lv 40 Rage of the Panther.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    You are missing that the post said "chaotic" too and not just "speed". That leans toward both Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver.
  • esoxnepa
    esoxnepa Posts: 291
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Team-Ups
      - Team-Ups scale up to a player’s average level when receiving a Team-Up from a player.

This will be nice. Now to figure out who else I may want to have hanging around for TUs that I don't level.
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]This month we explore the chaotic qualities of speed, crime and brute force.

Chaos and speed - Gotta be Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver. I sure hope they aren't like icon_rocket.png, sharing covers.

Crime - Kingpin would be a good guess, unless we're getting Gorgon.

Brute Force - So many bruisers they have to choose from. My initial guess is WW Hulk or Grey Hulk. Rhino, Abomination, Juggs alt, Drax, Hercules, etc could all be options. I'll leave further speculation to turul's thread.

Edit for forum formatting.