*** Daredevil (Man Without Fear) ***

Comments

• over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Yeah, I love his new red. Especially since by the time I have a red rich board, I often have enough red to drop it twice or more. Setting off two Ambush traps on high health targets is just lovely. Though there do seem to be instances where both traps won't respawn when I've made the match. Sometimes I'll only get one back.
    If there are not enough eligible (basic red) tiles, traps won't respawn, alas.
  • famousfoxking
    famousfoxking Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    If there are not enough eligible (basic red) tiles, traps won't respawn, alas.

Oh, I know. I've had instances where there was plenty enough red for the traps to move to, but matching 2 at once only spawned one new trap. By that point the game has always been in the bag, but it's still weird.
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    Try Daredevil with Cyclops. You won't regret it.

Throw in a green user like GSBW and it gets even better.
  • famousfoxking
    famousfoxking Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    hurcules wrote:

Yeah, I was thinking about that this weekend, though my Cyc is no where near usable. I wonder if new MNM (nMNM?) would add enough to that to make lacking green okay.
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    hurcules wrote:

Yeah, I was thinking about that this weekend, though my Cyc is no where near usable. I wonder if new MNM (nMNM?) would add enough to that to make lacking green okay.
    Definitely. With MNM or GSBW, you can create trap, then place tiles for match 4 or lure AI into taking the match 4. MNM's extra reds are icing on the cake,
  • LambadaDave
    LambadaDave Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Thank you! I was looking for some suggestions on pairings for the PvP.
  • What's best daredevil spec? Cheese red with Cyclops and 2*Mag? max blue/purple for PVE?
  • john1620b
    john1620b Posts: 367
    raisinbman wrote:
    What's best daredevil spec? Cheese red with Cyclops and 2*Mag? max blue/purple for PVE?
    I had 5 in purple for a while after his change, and eventually decided it wasn't worth it. When there are no special tile generators, it's useless, and even when you do get to use it, the damage isn't that great. I think 3 purpleflag.png / 5 blueflag.png / 5 redflag.png is consensus on the best build.
  • Gandalf333
    Gandalf333 Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    I have a question about his Radar Sense--the text says it removes attack tiles, but it never does anything against timed attack tiles (from thugs, snipers, etc.)--just against protect or strike tiles. Is it bugged? Or am I misunderstanding the text somehow?
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gandalf333 wrote:
    I have a question about his Radar Sense--the text says it removes attack tiles, but it never does anything against timed attack tiles (from thugs, snipers, etc.)--just against protect or strike tiles. Is it bugged? Or am I misunderstanding the text somehow?

It will remove strike tiles (sword icon), protect tiles (shield icon) or attack tiles (fist icon). It does not remove countdown tiles (those tiles with a number on them that keeps going down)
  • TheHood
    TheHood Posts: 107
    Except paired with Patch, which are the best teams to play with DD?
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cyclops seems like a good match with him. Lay down traps, use Cyclops' yellow, etc
  • sinnerjfl wrote:
    Cyclops seems like a good match with him. Lay down traps, use Cyclops' yellow, etc
    cyclops, 2*mag, daredevil, Kamala Khan 3*Wolv, Hulkbuster, 3*Mag mebbe
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    raisinbman wrote:
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    cyclops, 2*mag, daredevil, Kamala Khan 3*Wolv, Hulkbuster, 3*Mag mebbe
    Oops? icon_e_smile.gif
    Anyway, against Ultron sentries, I've been using DD and LC on QS/SW essentials. Those are rainbow teams, both QS (with black and if you're lucky, green too) and SW (with green) can help set up DD's trap.
  • Gandalf333
    Gandalf333 Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    Gandalf333 wrote:

It will remove strike tiles (sword icon), protect tiles (shield icon) or attack tiles (fist icon). It does not remove countdown tiles (those tiles with a number on them that keeps going down)

Oh, of course. *facepalm* I knew the sword icons were strike tiles, but I just kept assuming the countdowns were attack because they have the text saying "stop in 'x' turns" to prevent an enemy attack. I haven't had Daredevil or Falcon at high enough levels (to play them much versus my two stars, who are all maxed), so I wasn't being sharp enough on the terminology. Thanks!
  • Need some advice; my DD is 454 (how covers fell) and he's 166. My only other 166 is patch who I use always on pvp, so I could use even 553 DD. But I got another red for patch and decided to try it out with 445. So right now my patch makes 4 strike tiles for each team and DD can take all the enemy ones with 4 purple. But I got another green for patch and red for DD, so I could respec both to optimal builds.

The thing is, if I go with patch 535 and DD 355 the later will only remove half of enemy strike tiles, so I can't use the green-purple combo early due to the increase on enemy damage (around 450 IIRC). This with the higher difficulty on mmr now would make me use even more packs to reach same scores. I could also go with 445 patch and 355 DD what doesn't sounds that bad then, but this way they overlap the utility on red as both will have a decent damage.

What do you think?
  • TheHood
    TheHood Posts: 107
    I'm in a similar situation: my Patch is 5/3/5 and my Daredevil is 5/3/5, both lv 166. Their green/purple combo is devastating, but I'm wondering about respec DD to 4/5/4. Only 2 enemy strike tiles sounds good to me, 5 blue is awesome, but before I'd like to know 166 DD damage with just 4 in purple and red skills.
  • ShionSinX wrote:
    Need some advice; my DD is 454 (how covers fell) and he's 166. My only other 166 is patch who I use always on pvp, so I could use even 553 DD. But I got another red for patch and decided to try it out with 445. So right now my patch makes 4 strike tiles for each team and DD can take all the enemy ones with 4 purple. But I got another green for patch and red for DD, so I could respec both to optimal builds.

The thing is, if I go with patch 535 and DD 355 the later will only remove half of enemy strike tiles, so I can't use the green-purple combo early due to the increase on enemy damage (around 450 IIRC). This with the higher difficulty on mmr now would make me use even more packs to reach same scores. I could also go with 445 patch and 355 DD what doesn't sounds that bad then, but this way they overlap the utility on red as both will have a decent damage.

What do you think?
    As others have pointed out daredevil purpleflag.png isn't that great(and actually, not that unique an ability).

I took the plunge and went 3/5/5 and decided to turn him into a redflag.png slot machine
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    TheHood wrote:
    I'm in a similar situation: my Patch is 5/3/5 and my Daredevil is 5/3/5, both lv 166. Their green/purple combo is devastating, but I'm wondering about respec DD to 4/5/4. Only 2 enemy strike tiles sounds good to me, 5 blue is awesome, but before I'd like to know 166 DD damage with just 4 in purple and red skills.
    417 on purple. Red I can't tell you. Never ran with less than 5 red. Don't forget strike tiles with on self matching.
  • 4 purple is 417, 4 tiles max; 5 is 574, max 5 tiles. 4 Red is 4.3k/1.8k, 5 is 5.4k/3k. Even tho his purple isn't great, he has more hp than loki to pair better with patch who alredy has low hp and has a good stun.

I can go 455 patch with 445 DD maybe, or 445 patch and 355 DD and leave one tile behind while making patch red useless. Big problem is that patch 535 and DD 355 leaves so much damage to opposite team :/