*** Daredevil (Man Without Fear) ***

Comments

• scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    If Billy Club is easy to match, then Ambush is easy to match. Or if Ambush is hard to match, then so is Billy Club. You can argue either side, but you can't use both in the same argument and sound reasonable.
  • Hear, hear. Buff DD's health please!
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pylgrim wrote:
    I can understand being overriden by strike tiles, as those are rarer and only a handful of characters make them.
    Yes, but you can expect to see a lot of Blade and the Dakens. Their presence makes Elektra and DD pretty much unusable, since it nerfs their best ability, which is pretty silly since their purples are specifically designed to deal with strike tile spammers.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    scottee wrote:
    If Billy Club is easy to match, then Ambush is easy to match. Or if Ambush is hard to match, then so is Billy Club. You can argue either side, but you can't use both in the same argument and sound reasonable.
    I mostly agree, but Billy Club does move itself around every few turns. Of course, after the first tile it's no longer worth bonus AP, which I'm about to post a bug report on.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    He's great at what he does now. Just need to apply a board shake like Juggs tu or xf or cmags to refresh the board before you use it, or if there's still a lot of red on the board, set ambush then use something like illusion.

Also great with colourchangers like Thor. I kicked a Thorina 4x in one match in the daredevil pvp. icon_e_biggrin.gif free of charge because it got matched in cascades.

Billy club is not quite peacemaker, but good for lower cost and recycling is free.

Only wish radar sense would affect countdowns too.
  • So, I don't know if this is new, or even intended, but allied daken pheromone rage can't overwrite ambush tiles. Had it generate no strike instead of overwriting the trap. Which is actually pretty useful.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    6800 HP is low HP now? I always figured it was average... Well, maybe low average now with 8500 being high average. Low HP is less than 6000 at max level - GSBW, Hood and so on.
    I have had lots of success pairing DD with Patch so Patch tanks red. Makes it easy to collect red and trigger Ambushes. I feel that is quite appropriate for a street level hero like Daredevil - he can't anchor a team, but he can provide nice support.
  • So, I don't know if this is new, or even intended, but allied daken pheromone rage can't overwrite ambush tiles. Had it generate no strike instead of overwriting the trap. Which is actually pretty useful.

It's been like that for a while. You can also figure out where the trap is if the enemy has the mirror situation.
  • Thanks for the info. Thought that if it was new it was certainly worth sharing, and if it wasn't, nothing lost.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    Billy Club is actually pretty decent as a stun at level 5 and sure it's no Captain America but it's still more likely to be used compared to Radar Sense. Radar Sense also does very little damage. I remember getting a level 350 Radar Sense and it did like 5000 damage total (5X1000).
    If I'm fighting goons, do I have a better purple option for damage and tile clearing? And you're right, his blue definitely isn't Cap, and if I'm fighting goons, I'm already going to be using him. Sure, if you have no Cap or no LadyThor, DD provides a good blue stun, but if you do, all I'd want DD for is to clear out any big strike tiles that slip by.

I agree with you simonsez. I am keeping my DD as 5 purple to clear those inaccessible strike tiles and attack tiles. While his blue is a better all rounder skill, Lcap is still the undisputed PVE king. I am unlikely to use DD blue over Lcap blue, because Lcap blue leaves this protect tile.
  • wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    One of the reasons I like these boards is people make good points. Good discussion!

I can see now I'm wrong in thinking Daredevil should have health like Captain America. Still, when compared to the other steallar 6k health people like Punisher and Magneto, I feel Daredevil needs to be in the game a little longer for more effect. What if he had about 1k more health? Kind of an inbetween.
  • dr tinykittylove
    Just had a match in which I cast Ambush twice, and got six kicks out of them. Would have been more, but the enemy team was all downed by then. :p

I knew I liked him for a reason...
  • dr tinykittylove
    wirius wrote:
    One of the reasons I like these boards is people make good points. Good discussion!

I can see now I'm wrong in thinking Daredevil should have health like Captain America. Still, when compared to the other steallar 6k health people like Punisher and Magneto, I feel Daredevil needs to be in the game a little longer for more effect. What if he had about 1k more health? Kind of an inbetween.

The type of nuke that Ambush can provide, along with th fact that matching it yourself gives you a free kick for pretty neat damage, I think puts him in the same class of support+nuke character as Hood and Mystique. Only problem is that blue and purple are colours that few characters are strongest in, so he can end up tanking a fair bit. I'd consider putting him with she-hulk, but unfortunately her best ability is also her red...

I'm probably biased, but since I just had him kick the enemy team 6x for the cost of 2 ambush casts...

Long story short, I think they've done a mostly good job balancing him aside from the lack of countdown destruction and I'm looking forward to the im40 fix. icon_e_smile.gif
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    simonsez wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:
    I can understand being overriden by strike tiles, as those are rarer and only a handful of characters make them.
    Yes, but you can expect to see a lot of Blade and the Dakens. Their presence makes Elektra and DD pretty much unusable, since it nerfs their best ability, which is pretty silly since their purples are specifically designed to deal with strike tile spammers.

But the purple is a bit the opposite of a Chemical Reaction, right? It slaps away their strike tiles and does damage to them instead? In that regard, Daredevil is a good counter.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    ronin-san wrote:
    But the purple is a bit the opposite of a Chemical Reaction, right? It slaps away their strike tiles and does damage to them instead? In that regard, Daredevil is a good counter.
    The issue isn't the purple; yes, that's good. The problem is that Daken and Blade can easily overwrite the red trap without having to do actually do anything.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have to concurr with some earlier posts. I have been struggling to fire off Ambush, but have been loving Billy Club, its too bad Ambush couldn't destroy Trap and CD tiles then it would have been a very hard decision, after this PvE though its quite obvious 3/5/5 is a no-brainer.
  • simonsez wrote:
    ronin-san wrote:
    The issue isn't the purple; yes, that's good. The problem is that Daken and Blade can easily overwrite the red trap without having to do actually do anything.

Not only those two, but Wolverine's red tiles will also overwrite the red traps laid down by DD and Ele which I think is fair. But since DD and Ele can now get rid of them quite easily it's all good and makes for a more tactical game play.
  • Hey I use him with Loki and patch. Try using illusion on ambush. After berserker. It is insane. You can do trickery later if you can't get rid of enemy strike tiles. You can try sacrifice too. Or use batteries to place and match ambush for four in a row . Ambush is so versatile I don't even know where to start. So what if they destroy it? One illusion could decimate them already
  • Phantron wrote:
    If he had more health then Ambush will probably end up doing like 4000 damage on an enemy match and 1000 damage on your match instead. You can't give a high health character the ability to one shot, even conditionally, people in the 6800 HP range, since most characters in that range sure can't one shot each themselves either. Well, that's assuming the said character is somewhat balanced. If you put Daredevil with Loki, it becomes considerably easier to rearrange the red tiles into a useful configuration.
    you mean like colossus red?
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    It sounds like people are having lots of fun with DD. I had my DD at 5/3/5, but just got a blue and will respec him to 3/5/5, why? Well style prefernce. While the DD patch combo is fun, Ambush being in 4 match territory really makes me not want to go there. I many times with Blade have his purple sitting at 9, but if I get into some serious PvE fights I think 3/5/5 DD will serve me better because of the fact it cannot destroy CD tiles. If Ambush allowed you to destroy those then I would 100% say 5/3/5 is the best build but the fact you can really lock someone down with Billy Club is why I'm going there, that 3 blue AP return on match is awesome. I can use the skill, stun for 2 turns, and if I can match the tile, I just got 6 blue, get 3 more and I can lock down again anyway this is what I see

5/3/5---PvP
    3/5/5---PvE

For me though its about matching red and blue with DD, and triggering red as well as stunning, I'm going to play him as control because having a backup Captain America is nice

It's not just style preference. It's also who you're running DD with. If you've maxed out Patch's Green, you're best maxing DD's purple. It'll nullify their strike tiles. And with the advent of protect-spammers like Magneto, Falcon, or even to counter Blade/Daken's 2-strike-tiles-a-turn ****, DD's purple pays dividends.

Further, when I pair DD with Doom and XFW, I want DD to use RED and Purple vs Blue. Blue feeds Black which brings death.