*** Daredevil (Man Without Fear) ***

Comments

• TheHood
    TheHood Posts: 107
    ShionSinX and OnesOwnGrief, thank you for informations. In my point of view, DD's 1.8k on self matching is too low. You go for 5 with 3044 on self matching, or you can just leave it at 3, because 4 doens't make sense: you can't hope on enemy's match IMHO. So, I see 5 possible solutions:

1. DD 4/4/5 + Patch 4/4/5
    2. DD 5/5/3 + Patch 5/3/5
    3. DD 5/3/5 or 4/4/5 + Patch 5/3/5 + Cyclops 3/5/5
    4. DD 5/3/5 + Patch 5/3/5 + character with good blueflag.png (Daken, She-Hulk, C. Magneto, ecc)
    5. DD 4/4/5 + Patch 5/3/5 (DD remove 4 of 6 enemy strike tiles, so you need to be just a little more careful when you fire greenflag.png, or your third character should be someone who can take care of the other 2 enemy strike tiles)

The first solution is too specific IMHO, I usually prefer a 5/3/5 Patch. My Cyclops is only a 1/2/1 at the moment, so n°5 solution could be the best for me: 4 of 6 enemy strike tiles and DD's blue at 4 sounds good to me.....
  • GMadMan040
    GMadMan040 Posts: 207
    So I know he's boosted right now, but I just got my DD into useable shape cover wise and I can't help but feel like he's slept on a little bit as he has a versatile skill set and is capable of doing pretty big damage. My current build may not be optimal, but I'm having a hard time figuring what is best as optimal. He seems circumstantial in some senses, but for a circumstantial character he brings a lot to the table!

Is there a current consensus on his best skill or best build?
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    I used him a lot in the last PVE to stun Gorgon constantly, it was a true life saver. His red is pretty good too but of course its reliant on getting into a position where you can match it with other reds. His purple is useful for changing enemy tiles but for me I'm happy with that at 3 covers. I'd say his blue is his best skill simply due to the fact you can constantly stun people who can pretty much wipe you out with ease if they get a few powers off. I've built him 3/5/5 as his red does cause some really good damage if you can match it.
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    his blue is really good and disruptive, really a must max to stun 2 turns every 3 and you can do a nice overlap of blues.

also saw this tid bit on the wiki:

Note: Countdown tiles always decrement across the board from left to right and top to bottom. If a Billy Club tile resolves and jumps down the board, its countdown can immediately be decremented again, allowing a level 4 or 5 Billy Club to chain-stun an opponent without yielding a single turn.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yep, I saw a lot of that in EOTS survival nodes. It's definitely something to be aware of when using DD - if you prioritize matching or dropping blue tiles above or to the left of the countdown, you can raise the odds that you'll get a favorable new location.
  • GMadMan040 wrote:
    So I know he's boosted right now, but I just got my DD into useable shape cover wise and I can't help but feel like he's slept on a little bit as he has a versatile skill set and is capable of doing pretty big damage. My current build may not be optimal, but I'm having a hard time figuring what is best as optimal. He seems circumstantial in some senses, but for a circumstantial character he brings a lot to the table!

the trend in MPQ is to ignore really bad characters even if they've had an overall.

And considering how much I hear about people throwing away bad heroes(I never do this, never know who'll get buffed), it may be hard for certain people to come around.

See:

Vision/Beast/Quicksilver/Daredevil
  • One funny thing is because of how CD tiles trigger it is possible to infinitely chain the stun without a break.

CD tiles trigger from top to bottom, left to right. So if the Billy club is in one place and trigger then occupies a tile on same line but at the right or one line or more below the new CD will tick once right away, so a 2 turn stun with CD 2 instead of 3.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    GMadMan040 wrote:

I went with 5/3/5 for the longest time, but switched to 3/5/5 which seems to be the most favored build. I definitely don't use him that often, and for good reason, there's a lot more useful characters. I have enough covers to build a 2/5/2 dupe, but I have no intention to house a dupe. If I had unlimited HP, sure I'd house the dupe, but he's not worth it.
  • Cymmina
    Cymmina Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    I have Daredevil at 5/5/3 because that's how the covers happened to fall. I have 2 red covers waiting to be redeemed. Having blue at 5 is pretty much a given, but I don't see how the popular 3/5/5 build is superior to a 5/5/3 build.
    • Paired with Patch, 5 purple is going to clear out more of the unwanted strike tiles for the enemy team. Unless DD is the essential, I'm not going to use him if the enemy doesn't generate special tiles.
    • I don't see why you would ever use Daredevil's red (max 5447/3044) over Cyclops's red (max 4283). Ambush has higher potential, especially if you can get multiple matches in, but Optic Blasts is guaranteed and has minor cascade potential.
    • It's useless when you're up against enemies that generate red special tiles (Daken, ninjas, etc.)
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cymmina wrote:
    I have Daredevil at 5/5/3 because that's how the covers happened to fall. I have 2 red covers waiting to be redeemed. Having blue at 5 is pretty much a given, but I don't see how the popular 3/5/5 build is superior to a 5/5/3 build.
    • Paired with Patch, 5 purple is going to clear out more of the unwanted strike tiles for the enemy team. Unless DD is the essential, I'm not going to use him if the enemy doesn't generate special tiles.
    • I don't see why you would ever use Daredevil's red (max 5447/3044) over Cyclops's red (max 4283). Ambush has higher potential, especially if you can get multiple matches in, but Optic Blasts is guaranteed and has minor cascade potential.
    • It's useless when you're up against enemies that generate red special tiles (Daken, ninjas, etc.)

Patch is largely irrelevant these days to be honest. Purple even at 5 covers is too expensive for what it does, it doesnt do enough damage and it doesnt clear enough tiles. Red might not be the best ability but it has more potential to be useful. It's cheap, the damage is good, if you self-match it the trap stays alive, it's usually a KO if the enemy matches it.

There are much much better uses of purple than DD's.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cymmina wrote:

Optic blast has the potential to destroy your blue tiles, usually I can get 2 out chain stunning 1 target. Depending on the board state (like 2x red 4 matches on board) sometimes it's worth gambling on dd red
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I find a level 3 Radar Sense works just fine with Patch. I almost never use Berserker Rage without a high probability of being able to match away the enemy strike tiles anyway, so having Radar Sense to remove some more is just icing.
  • Quebbster wrote:
    I find a level 3 Radar Sense works just fine with Patch. I almost never use Berserker Rage without a high probability of being able to match away the enemy strike tiles anyway, so having Radar Sense to remove some more is just icing.
    you can prob find a different partner to maximize patch's stuff, really, you're not playing DD for his purpleflag.png
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    raisinbman wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    you can prob find a different partner to maximize patch's stuff, really, you're not playing DD for his purpleflag.png
    Yeah, in that particular department it's hard to beat Loki. It's fun to bounce an Ambush trap around with lots of strike tiles out though.
  • It'd be nice if they'd kept some form of AP steal on Radar Sense to make it useful in nonspecial tile matches. Didn't realize he had that power originally until I was researching my character age list.
  • Haetron wrote:
    It'd be nice if they'd kept some form of AP steal on Radar Sense to make it useful in nonspecial tile matches. Didn't realize he had that power originally until I was researching my character age list.
    interesting enough...i'd definitly differentiate him as an "efficient" character(he's already got semi-infinite reds and blue gives ap/infinite)
  • Okay, so after 42 pages of discussion:

1. Who is the best team mate to help set off trap tiles? I get Loki. Anyone else?

2. Does anyone know if 3* Storm's Lightning Storm will disarm the trap or set it off (since you're collecting the AP from the tile)?

3. I remember once I did 2* Capt. Marvel's Strategic Command and it changed DD's trap tile from red to team-up! Can this be used to any advantage?
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Okay, so after 42 pages of discussion:

1. Who is the best team mate to help set off trap tiles? I get Loki. Anyone else?

2. Does anyone know if 3* Storm's Lightning Storm will disarm the trap or set it off (since you're collecting the AP from the tile)?

3. I remember once I did 2* Capt. Marvel's Strategic Command and it changed DD's trap tile from red to team-up! Can this be used to any advantage?

1> 3* Cyclops
    2> It will disarm it, boardshake will disarm it as well. The trap needs to be part of a match to fire off
    3> Maybe if your red trap tile is slightly surrounded by TU's you might be able to match it
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    Okay, so after 42 pages of discussion:

1> 3* Cyclops
    2> It will disarm it, boardshake will disarm it as well. The trap needs to be part of a match to fire off
    3> Maybe if your red trap tile is slightly surrounded by TU's you might be able to match it

3* Cyclops is the best.
    Quicksilver is good for setting off traps and also likes blue matches.
    Scarlet Witch green can less reliably help with the trap - it won't ever directly destroy it, but it still can destroy nearby red tiles or not destroy the tiles you wanted to... Then again her passive can give free blue AP for DD's stun or make purple cascades to possibly trigger the trap.

Any power that destroys tiles, whether it generates AP or not, will disarm traps. Of course if it misses the trap, there's a chance the ensuing cascade could result in a match that would set it off.

2* Ms. Marvel yellow indeed can help trigger the trap. It also cannot destroy it, only change its color. And it's very effective if the board has lots of TU already. The problem is, it can overwrite friendly special tiles including Billy Club. And it uses yellow. It's really much better to bring 3* Cyclops in that case, if possible.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    For #3 you can use dd red > cmarv yellow > cmags red. Admittedly that's a lot of red but if one of the two 3*s is boosted the damage would be pretty good.