What D3 Achieved with Deadpools Daily Quest

1235»

Comments

• rooter wrote:
    Honestly, I think everyone needs to relax with this. People really only like the Deadpool Daily because they feel like they are getting a lot of rewards for little work. It's just setting up for the transition from 3* to 4* characters. They are intentionally giving out the worst 3* covers for each character, which are going to be completely worthless in a few weeks when 4* characters dominate everywhere.

It's still fun, and I like the idea, it's just not as amazing as everyone is acting.

I think it depends on where you're coming at it from. Since you've a maxed goddess, I can see that it won't make much difference for you, the top 0.1%.

Finally, a casual player with an hour or 2 to spend on this game every day can make progress! Getting past the 2* phase is all but impossible unless you're willing to pony up cash or spend a lot of time.

Getting a 3* cover in PVP for a 2-3* transitioner = 5-8+ hours of play plus shields, and even then 1/3 of the time the brackets will be too tough for even that.
    Getting a 3* cover in PVE: (Progression): If you don't have the essential, it's probably a good 3+ hours a day for 5 days. If do you have the essential, it might be 2 hours/day
    (Ranking) ... 1/5-1/3 of your waking hours for 5 days?
    Getting a 3* cover through tokens: ...HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

VS

An hour or 2 you get 1-3* cover and 2 pseudo-heroic tokens + a small stack of iso.

I don't see how that's anything less than amazing. If you've already maxed your 3 and 4* it might not be as amazing for you, but for the rest of us: we jump in it.
  • orbitalint
    orbitalint Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    SirPhobos wrote:
    And they're going through every cover for every character. The first two is a pretty small sample size. And this is amazingly helpful for the 3-4* transition. I have a handful of maxed 3* and still just a 5/1/2 Cmags + 3/5/4 Laken because of vaulting/placement awards/token luck.
    It's not even a sample size at this point, it is statistical noise, lol. If we really wanted to go on the inference crazy train, they have only ever given out the first ability of a character. And so that's all they ever will give out, ahhhh! But then that means we will get Daken's best ability in Pheromone Rage, same with DP and torch red, etc.

Can we give it a few days? What about when the next BP comes up in the rotation If it's blue, then we might be able to say it is going down the order once it comes back up in rotation...
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    I'm in a bit of a quandry. I long ago sold off all of my 1 star heroes for the sweet sweet slot space. I'm thinking it's NOT worth the 2K or so HP just to get the extra 2K ISO per day.

Am I crazy?
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think it's worth it. 2500 ISO a day (2000 for finishing the complete quest, 500 for beating the node) adds up, and it'll help you out in Combined Arms and Balance of Power as well.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm in a bit of a quandry. I long ago sold off all of my 1 star heroes for the sweet sweet slot space. I'm thinking it's NOT worth the 2K or so HP just to get the extra 2K ISO per day.

Am I crazy?

It's 2500iso per day (the 500 from the node too). Depends where you're at, but you only need one 1* to compete. I'd say one slot for Juggernaut is worth it. Beyond this, there's the benefit of being able to play the Combined Arms PvP as well.
  • How would someone who doesn't have that charatcer yet start building said character if they need them to get their first cover?

The way every MPQ player ever has started to build a 3-star character: You either win the first cover as an event award or you get the first cover as a token draw. -I like that you need at least one cover for that character already to be able to win the cover for that day. (It makes it doubly-sweet that my DDQ token from yesterday gave me C-Mags =c) ).
  • rooter wrote:
    Honestly, I think everyone needs to relax with this. People really only like the Deadpool Daily because they feel like they are getting a lot of rewards for little work. It's just setting up for the transition from 3* to 4* characters. They are intentionally giving out the worst 3* covers for each character, which are going to be completely worthless in a few weeks when 4* characters dominate everywhere.

It's still fun, and I like the idea, it's just not as amazing as everyone is acting.

It's a pretty small sample size to infer any kind of intent regarding the covers. Plus, yellowflag.pngicon_blackpanther.png isn't his worst cover (EDIT: as already pointed out by several people above me).
    There are three possibilities that we can assume based on the first two days:
    1. All 5 characters in this week's token (Black Panther, CMags, Rocket and Groot, Mohawk Storm and Luke Cage) have a yellow ability. We've gotten 2 yellow covers so far. They may just provide the cover of one color per cycle.
    2. Both characters so far have had their yellow cover as their top cover. They may give us the top cover, which would be the same as option 1 with the exception of Mohawk Storm, who would be Green.
    3. It's completely random, and it's just a coincidence that the first two have been both the top cover, a yellow cover and all 5 characters just happened to have a yellow power.

We'll get a clearer picture tomorrow.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    onimus wrote:
    rooter wrote:

It's a pretty small sample size to infer any kind of intent regarding the covers. Plus, yellowflag.pngicon_blackpanther.png isn't his worst cover (EDIT: as already pointed out by several people above me).
    There are three possibilities that we can assume based on the first two days:
    1. All 5 characters in this week's token (Black Panther, CMags, Rocket and Groot, Mohawk Storm and Luke Cage) have a yellow ability. We've gotten 2 yellow covers so far. They may just provide the cover of one color per cycle.
    2. Both characters so far have had their yellow cover as their top cover. They may give us the top cover, which would be the same as option 1 with the exception of Mohawk Storm, who would be Green.
    3. It's completely random, and it's just a coincidence that the first two have been both the top cover, a yellow cover and all 5 characters just happened to have a yellow power.

We'll get a clearer picture tomorrow.

I will be very happy if it's Groot yellow or Cage yellow! Will allow me to respec my groot (max yellow yeah!) and max cage.

What impresses me is that they are actually giving out new characters like groot and cage! This will help even those who are in 3* land.
  • This may not be what they intended, but I may be scaling back in PVP even more than I had thanks to this. I've hated PVP for ages, but this sort of draws into sharp relief how even more unremittingly awful it is in comparison. I should be seeing every 3* cover in essentially the next 99 days in this format, so - if I only need one of them - why bother pushing for them in a format I hate?

For this, I can't thank you guys enough for instituting this feature.
  • If Deadpool's Daily Quest is what he comes up with after less than two weeks in the bathroom of the Blackbird, somebody needs to give that boy some more laxatives. Great $#^%! icon_e_smile.gif
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    camichan wrote:
    If Deadpool's Daily Quest is what he comes up with after less than two weeks in the bathroom of the Blackbird, somebody needs to give that boy some more laxatives. Great $#^%! icon_e_smile.gif

Just up the jalapeno content in his tacos, all sneaky like. He'll never see it coming.
  • areacode212
    areacode212 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Definitely one of the best things you've done. On busy days when I can't commit to playing through a whole PvE, or play hard enough to get top 100 in a PvP, it's great to be able to still get a chance at a *** cover. Thanks!!
  • I can't get todays essential nod Taco token because i don't own a Storm (Mohawk) and i'm really sad about it!!!!!!! );

Anw still happy with this daily stuff so thx !
  • AionTeleos
    AionTeleos Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Like virtually everyone else, I love this new event type. However, I feel like there's room for improvement with it. I would love to see a Balance of Power node and a Combined Arms node incorporated into it, along with an endless survival node where players can get bragging rights (but nothing substantive) for the number of waves they can survive.
  • I'm not sure people would put their best team up, knowing it will eventually wipe, for bragging rights. Not when there is so much pve and pvp going on. I mean, who would we/they brag too exactly?

Could be wrong I guess.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not sure people would put their best team up, knowing it will eventually wipe, for bragging rights. Not when there is so much pve and pvp going on. I mean, who would we/they brag too exactly?

Could be wrong I guess.

Some would do that for bragging rights... Though it's usually very few.

See this thread here
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=21124&hilit=black+hole+challenge
  • Pretty sure that was about 10 people bored over Christmas to be honest icon_e_biggrin.gif

Maybe it works. Just in a game where it is all about progression, be that either covers or iso, and there are now three methods of earning that (Daily/PvE/PvP) I don't think people have enough healthpack/time/want to do something for little reward for another mode.

Mind you, the grinders that do PVE through the night would probably love it.
  • AionTeleos
    AionTeleos Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    You might be right about bragging rights not being sufficient. Two possible other approaches would be for it to have season - simulator style rewards (i.e. **** until almost impossibly high levels), or for character damage not apply outside of the node. I doubt the later would be a good solution from D3's perspective, though.
  • san
    san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    AionTeleos wrote:
    You might be right about bragging rights not being sufficient. Two possible other approaches would be for it to have season - simulator style rewards (i.e. **** until almost impossibly high levels), or for character damage not apply outside of the node. I doubt the later would be a good solution from D3's perspective, though.

Or an incredibly long round (perhaps not endless, but say, 25 waves+) with a 4* XForce or 4*Thor cover at the end.... hmmm icon_e_smile.gif... Maybe 50 waves? 100? It's all about survival. And the damage SHOULD count outside. What's the fun in trying to be careful if you know that you can just try and try again!?