What D3 Achieved with Deadpools Daily Quest

Options
Unknown
edited February 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
So here is what Deadpool Daily Quest achieved for a transitioning roster:

1) ISO and a really good amount of it
2) 2 Tokens with fair percentage of 3* draw + HP?!?! <- (interrobang)
3) A new game mode that is non competitive
4) Fun reading before each fight
5) Challenging survival node

What they weren't able to fix:

1) I still have to do my car payment this month...
2) They gave me a colour that I have already maxed... how do they not know my character colours
3) It's freezing in Montreal, Canada

Overall, thanks a lot D3! Love the concept and love the fact that you are still working at making this game better!

Keep it up!

Comments

• One of the best things they have come up with for a long time, even long time players can play for the ISO and chance at HP rewards...I may only need 1 cover every few weeks but this will still be a blast to play!
  • Koko81 wrote:

What they weren't able to fix:

1) I still have to do my car payment this month...
    2) They gave me a colour that I have already maxed... how do they not know my character colours
    3) It's freezing in Montreal, Canada

Keep it up!

My car is paid off and the weather here is beautiful. BUT I ALREADY HAD BP YELLOW MAXED!!!11!!!1!eleven!! /fakerage

Fantastic from concept to execution. Really well done all the way around.
  • rednailz
    rednailz Posts: 559
    Options
    Think they addressed a pile of concerns all in one shot. Pretty sad they can't do anything about the weather though. Send in a ticket.
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Would love a bit higher chance for a 3* from tokens, but apart from that - it's absolutely fantastic!
  • morgh wrote:
    Would love a bit higher chance for a 3* from tokens, but apart from that - it's absolutely fantastic!

Consider you're practically guaranteed 2 extra better-than-standard tokens every day ON TOP of what you already get.
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Loved it! Best thing to happen to MPQ in a long time!
  • * They make first essential BP, a character thats been vaulted.

MPQ gonna MPQ.

It was fun though, good job MPQ.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Greatest thing they've ever done to/for the game, hands down. Dusting off my 1 & 2*s was a good time, not knowing who's gonna show up in the survival nodes actually lends a "puzzle" aspect to the game - Who do I bring, when do I use my powers, etc, etc... (-Puzzle- quest...who'd a thunk it??) and, perhaps most importantly, NO COMPETITION WITH ANYONE BUT YOURSELF! A much needed break from the usually obnoxious and monotonous grind of trying to keep up with the entire world for a 3* prize. Hats off D3, you got this one right!
  • Hulk11
    Hulk11 Posts: 435
    Options
    Snoozefest. Given the loads of potential characters and covers, tons of new players will not even take a second glance. Why because they don't have any 3 stars to speak of. So when exactly will this appeal to a new player? Good question. I'm not a new player, but it wasn't my lucky day for this reward. Still, aside from that, I look at the amount of 3s out there, and how many you have/ don't have, mixed in with any maxed already. Most of my 3's that I prefer to use are pretty well cover maxed, I have others waiting in the back, still I probably won't use them any time soon. This will only help your pvp play maybe, you can easily get by on the pve side, so taking 3's at random like this, doesn't help you there. Some players probably don't even want to play in pvp cause of shields and retaliations. If you're a pvp player this is a nice little nook for you. Yep.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,120 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Would of loved more NODS Though someone said before 6 normal 2 sur ones, maybe they will get longer as time goes by.

would love to have MORE NODS even if the rewards were 100 or 200 ISO
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hulk11 wrote:
    Snoozefest. Given the loads of potential characters and covers, tons of new players will not even take a second glance. Why because they don't have any 3 stars to speak of. So when exactly will this appeal to a new player? Good question. I'm not a new player, but it wasn't my lucky day for this reward. Still, aside from that, I look at the amount of 3s out there, and how many you have/ don't have, mixed in with any maxed already. Most of my 3's that I prefer to use are pretty well cover maxed, I have others waiting in the back, still I probably won't use them any time soon. This will only help your pvp play maybe, you can easily get by on the pve side, so taking 3's at random like this, doesn't help you there. Some players probably don't even want to play in pvp cause of shields and retaliations. If you're a pvp player this is a nice little nook for you. Yep.

I see at least 1.5k iso and a taco token each day by playing 3 nodes that anyone with maxed 2*s can beat. Stop being so salty because you don't have a BP cover. I guess you would want them to get rid of this mode entirely, because it does nothing for you unless it awards 5 x-force covers each day.
  • Unknown
    edited February 2015
    Options
    What this does is cater to people with large rosters in the 2-3* transition. Most people in the transition phase aren't going to be able to play every day, which will end up being fine as they eventually expand their rosters. People will buy more roster slots just for the chance to participate. This also mentally punishes people running with X-Force+Moonstone and little to no 3* in between.

I'm just glad to have something to play more than every 8 hours, and great rewards to boot?! Double winning!!
  • rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    Options
    I really see no problems with this new mode on top of everything that already exists.

Roster diversity, more ISO and extremely leisurely/non-competitive. All great things and will definitely help new players, no doubt about it.

For those of us who do not need the extra 3*, oh well, take the ISO and be happy. I think it is a great addition.
  • Hulk11
    Options
    Hulk11 wrote:

I see at least 1.5k iso and a taco token each day by playing 3 nodes that anyone with maxed 2*s can beat. Stop being so salty because you don't have a BP cover. I guess you would want them to get rid of this mode entirely, because it does nothing for you unless it awards 5 x-force covers each day.

Well these are Daily missions, I'm pretty sure someone on the forum is gonna be upset they don't have it, or already are cover maxed. Simple idea really. I imagine more players are gonna come out in the future, but I'm hoping I'm good on essentials and avoid this hassle in the future.
  • Unknown
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I'm glad I kept my leveled 1* IM, Storm, and Widow.

Home run, devs. Congrats.

edit: section removed because NP beat me to it.
  • Hulk11
    Options
    denouement wrote:
    Hulk11 wrote:

The essential is only for the cover track. The second track is 1* -> 2* -> 3* characters in that order, and the final node is easily beatable with only 2* toons. Even if you have ZERO 3* covers, that gets a pre-transition player a Taco token and a minimum of 1500 iso with up to 200 more coming from the survival node in the middle, every day. That's a nice shot in the arm at that level.

That said, I'm glad I kept my leveled 1* IM, Storm, and Widow.

So you do have a BP or only got iso this round?
  • denouement wrote:

Devs get too much credit (and blame). Let's have some kudos for the producers and operations team for a change icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Joey Jellico
    Options
    Was so happy getting my yellowflag.pngicon_blackpanther.png (the only one i was missing) that I bought a Taco token 10 pack....

All star.pngstar.png

Thanks for BP anyways
  • Hulk11
    Options
    Was so happy getting my yellowflag.pngicon_blackpanther.png (the only one i was missing) that I bought a Taco token 10 pack....

All star.pngstar.png

Thanks for BP anyways

Ouch, but good for you on the yellow.
  • Hulk11 wrote:
    Hulk11 wrote:

Well these are Daily missions, I'm pretty sure someone on the forum is gonna be upset they don't have it, or already are cover maxed. Simple idea really. I imagine more players are gonna come out in the future, but I'm hoping I'm good on essentials and avoid this hassle in the future.

Keep in mind, this feature seems meant to supplement the stage of the game players are currently at. So, if you are at the 1* or 2* stage, it will assist you with that stage, but not provide significant help in skipping it to go to the transition process. If you are in the transition stage, it's going to help you build on what you already have and as you go along in the transition process there will be fewer and fewer times get you get locked out of an event.

For 4* transition, it's non-competitive, it's iso, it's a chance at more hp, the things needed to at that stage of the game.