Iso 8 Brotherhood - Feb 12 - Feb 17

Options

Comments

• 12 hours and thirty minutes left and it's over. I'm at a little over 100k, fourth place, 15k over tenth, and there's virtually nothing I can do to change my prize tier, which is kind of nice, actually. Unless the top 2 just stop, I'm not getting top two, and unless I just stop, I'm not dropping out of top ten. I'm not sure how far ahead I have to be tonight when I go to bed to secure top ten even if I stop, but I'm guessing I'll be there.

Hoping for a couple of nice, quiet, gentle PVEs I don't have to grind like this one. Even with the 8-hour refreshes, the 12-hour subs made it grindy as hell.
  • Totally lost interest in this pve after I got the progression rewards. Missed a sub while at work, so I wont get Cyclops, which will probably screw me for the next event. On the bright side, at least I wont have yet another one-cover hero sitting around waiting to be essential.

If deadpool's first essential is Cyclops, I will be angry.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    rendrag18 wrote:
    Totally lost interest in this pve after I got the progression rewards. Missed a sub while at work, so I wont get Cyclops, which will probably screw me for the next event. On the bright side, at least I wont have yet another one-cover hero sitting around waiting to be essential.

It is likely to be. But look in the bright side, at least you won't have yet another 2-cover hero sitting around....

(Note dp essential character will be the character that you win a cover for)
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Anyone know what the cutoff for Top 100 alliance score is right now?
  • Vankysher
    Vankysher Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    lukewin wrote:
    Anyone know what the cutoff for Top 100 alliance score is right now?
    Bart Simpson is the Alliance currently in 100th with 1023150.
  • atomzed wrote:
    rendrag18 wrote:
    Totally lost interest in this pve after I got the progression rewards. Missed a sub while at work, so I wont get Cyclops, which will probably screw me for the next event. On the bright side, at least I wont have yet another one-cover hero sitting around waiting to be essential.

It is likely to be. But look in the bright side, at least you won't have yet another 2-cover hero sitting around....

(Note dp essential character will be the character that you win a cover for)
    That is true. Makes me feel less angry. For now...
  • rendrag18 wrote:
    Totally lost interest in this pve after I got the progression rewards.

They really need to do something about the progression rewards. Even if its not covers they could add ISO and maybe a little HP from 32K up to 160K+ which the top scorers are going to pull in.
  • Sumilea wrote:
    rendrag18 wrote:

They really need to do something about the progression rewards. Even if its not covers they could add ISO and maybe a little HP from 32K up to 160K+ which the top scorers are going to pull in.
    I normally don't have an issue with the progression rewards for an event, but this one just seems so boring. Same enemies over and over, and a new character I don't care for. The amount of tokens and ISO you receive is nice, just not enough to keep going after 32k.
  • rendrag18 wrote:
    I normally don't have an issue with the progression rewards for an event, but this one just seems so boring. Same enemies over and over, and a new character I don't care for. The amount of tokens and ISO you receive is nice, just not enough to keep going after 32k.

There should be something extra for bashing our heads against lvl 300 Hoods. He may have reality low Health but its takes some getting though at these levels.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Rambling about Hood, not related to the event 100%
    lol at raisinbman downvoting me again. It's cool, although amusing too much.
    If you ask me, Hood was never OP. He never even had the chance to be.
    First, there were old Loki/cStorm/Ragnarok/GSBW bonanza, then 2* Thorverine with the mix of oBW, Spidey stunlock, classic Magneto (and Patch) bonanza, then lazy Thor/Daken, Sentry/LDaken, finally he got to shine with Sentry after LDaken's nerf and people started talking how broken Hood is, again, ignoring the fact that Sentry was the sole offender and Hood was there simply because people liked Intimidation to speed up World Rupture by 5-10 seconds, forcing other people to run their own Hoods to counter Dormammu's Aid.
    Neither Intimidation nor Dormammu's Aid were needed whatsoever for Sentry to drop his bombs successfully. You could literally run Bag-Man, loaner and Sentry and still finish fights in less than a minute. Until they (over)nerfed Sentry, of course.
    Then buffed X-Force arrived and made Hood both his partner and helpless victim. Then 4or arrived and pushed out every other 3* still in the top meta, be it Hood, cMagneto or lazy Thor. Then buffed Loki arrived and has ever since been actively contending with Hood for best support's title. And easily winning.
    At times, Hood got to enjoy a lot of playtime, still does a huge lot, there's no denying he's one of the best, strongest characters, he also got to be a part of the top meta fairly often, but there were always characters far more 'overpowered', nevermind the rarity; 2* oBW was on par with the Hood prior to the Level Shift, and people legitimately ran her in PvP to counter Hood. Many still do and she's likely the best 2* to help take down Hood. Loki being the best 3*.
    There were always characters truly broken and meta-shifting: Ragnarok, 2* Thorverine, cMags, Spidey, Sentry for sure. None of those is a 4*.
    Like I already said, Hood wasn't even truly an influence during Sentry era. It just started thanks to him having Intimidation, not even Dormammu's Aid! Sentry was that cheap; 7 + 8 AP of different colours to end a game.
    If you use the argument 'Hood is oppressive without your own Hood or when he's scaled in PvE', well duh. Overscaled oBW is even scarier. Blade is obnoxious to deal with if you get a board without red matches, he will drown you in strike tiles, and even mirror Blade will only help so much. Hood is dealable with, 95% of the time.
    If you refuse to consider the meta as a whole, doesn't mean I should.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm probably very late to the party, but I've just come across the joy of Thunder Strike creating lots of green, then Surgical Strike taking them all away and nuking an Empiricist from orbit. And then Call The Storm to finish off whoever's left. (This is Wolveroach's 2* but oh look I've got a 1/5/1 X-Force roster.)

Now, if only I'd known Green was the strongest of all the colours that are exactly the same value, I might have tried that earlier. I was just looking at the damage all being 53, and shrugging. It's amazing what you don't notice. Empiricist; green, purple, blue. Control; blue, purple. I'll have to record these somewhere.
  • Sumilea wrote:
    rendrag18 wrote:

Solution: offer a 10-pack of guaranteed 3* for fastest clear then switch it to a regular 10-pack
    Sumilea wrote:
    rendrag18 wrote:

There should be something extra for bashing our heads against lvl 300 Hoods. He may have reality low Health but its takes some getting though at these levels.

The 'extra' is placing well. After progression that's all there is. Until we get tacos, I guess.
  • jordanix
    jordanix Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Options
    So far from the gold tokens awarded I have opened
    2 x redflag.pngicon_deadpool.png
    2 x purpleflag.pngicon_deadpool.png
    1 x blackflag.pngicon_deadpool.png

Plus of course the blackflag.pngicon_deadpool.png prog reward.
    I have never had this much luck in the history of tokens ever.

Combined with the covers I already had I can level the merc w/mouth to 127. Should I? I only have 2 only toons at 127 (Blade and Cap).
    If I do level up deadpool should I wait until the event is over, even if it is just 8 hours left for my bracket?
  • jordanix wrote:

Combined with the covers I already had I can level the merc w/mouth to 127. Should I? I only have 2 only toons at 127 (Blade and Cap).
    If I do level up deadpool should I wait until the event is over, even if it is just 8 hours left for my bracket?

depends how you feel about PVE scaling. New information was revealed recently that its not simply based on player levels, but also "health loss".
  • Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    Solution: offer a 10-pack of guaranteed 3* for fastest clear then switch it to a regular 10-pack
    AFAIK, there has never been a 10-pack of guaranteed 3*s, nor a guaranteed 3* token (at least in my playing time).
    locked wrote:
    ramblings
    Not sure disagreement or off-topic is really enough for downvoting (I save them for flamebait). In any case, the XF rework was before the Sentry nerf. Sentry bomb still ruled the XF world.
  • Trisul wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    AFAIK, there has never been a 10-pack of guaranteed 3*s, nor a guaranteed 3* token (at least in my playing time).

Lightning rounds used to offer guaranteed 3* tokens, and some of the buy-in events had them.
  • Trisul wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    locked wrote:
    ramblings
    Not sure disagreement or off-topic is really enough for downvoting (I save them for flamebait). In any case, the XF rework was before the Sentry nerf. Sentry bomb still ruled the XF world.

You've missed the joke my friend.
  • Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Lightning rounds used to offer guaranteed 3* tokens, and some of the buy-in events had them.
    Wow, I wish I played in those days... I remember some forumites saying they cover maxed CMags via lightning rounds to make their transition. Although I guess back then the 1* --> 2* transition was pretty tough too without PvP drops.
  • thanos8587
    thanos8587 Posts: 653
    edited February 2015
    Options
    jordanix wrote:

that is truly sweet man. icon_e_biggrin.gif

so far out of the 15(? i think) ive gotten ONE, a squirrel girl purple. i feel like someone spit in my eye and as i was wiping away the spit, they kicked me in the nuts icon_cry.gif . gold tokens are so terrible. i thought the odds were like 1 in 5 or 6, but damn if it doesnt seem like 1 in 20. cant recall the last gold i got from a pvp event token.

edit - event over - 17 gold tokens. one damn 3 star. AAAAARrrrggggghhh. so stupid. help me deadpool, youre my only hope...
  • jordanix
    jordanix Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:

depends how you feel about PVE scaling. New information was revealed recently that its not simply based on player levels, but also "health loss".

PVE scaling is my big fear. Right now my roster is no longer in contention for top 100 so I lean a lot heavier on PVE.
    Good to know about the scaling. I thought it relied primarily on top levels, or average levels, or some combo. I see now that the system is far more convoluted.