Iso 8 Brotherhood - Feb 12 - Feb 17

Options

Comments

• slidecage wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    People complaining about 12 hour nods with 8 hour refresh. remember your the ones who demanded the 8 hour refresh rates.

The 8 hour refresh is the only thing that makes the 12 hour subs manageable. If there were three hour refreshes, I'd fall a refresh or two behind most subs. This way, I only start like a half-refresh late at worst. I hate 12 hour subs, but these will be the least bad ones so far, thanks to our wonderful new refresh rate.

only helps people with massive teams. people with small teams once again get ripped and ripped big time this time. first nod will be all tied , 2nd refresh it will be whoever has the biggest team and most money to rebuy health packs will win this .

At least with 24 hour or 36 hour nods people with smaller teams had a chance but with 12 hour good luck.

Welcome to the new PAY TO WIN PVE

I dont know with 3 hour refreshes my smallish roster felt the pain, I could not complete a pass every 3 hours on both subs let alone anything else, I just time it every 4 hours and pull ahead early
  • squirrel1120
    Options
    TLCstormz wrote:
    lukewin wrote:
    dearbluey wrote:
    So, uh, smarter people than me (most of you)...theorycraft, will ya?
    1) Play once at the start of the sub, and then grind the nodes at the end.
    or
    2) Play once at the start of the sub, once 8 hours later, and then grind the nodes at the end (which will not be fully refreshed).

Is this still the best plan of action?

Assuming your roster can handle that plan, then yes. For some, trying to do a node like Nigeria 3 6x in a row at the end would be a little daunting or outright impossible, in which case getting the points as you can, when you can is a better bet.
  • Since I did every node 6 times I had something like 5-30 points left after 6 stacks ranging from the lowest point node in normal to the highest point in hard. For a point of reference I won the hard bracket by about 500 points. Those point represent the amount of points you refreshed over 4 hours so if I was able to somehow do every mission instantly 6 times in the last second, I'd netted around 30-180 more points per mission. That's not really an amount that matters compared to my margin of victory, not to mention there's actually a pretty big risk to try to pull this off and that you probably need 3 hours to clear everything 6 times (that'd be half an hour per complete clear of both brackets). So in conclusion, squeezeing an extra 5-10 points on your refresh timer matters very little compared to doing an extra stack of some mission, so if you can't clear everything 6 times in the last 4 hours you should definitely try to clear more prior to that.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    dearbluey wrote:
    So, uh, smarter people than me (most of you)...theorycraft, will ya?
    1) Play once at the start of the sub, and then grind the nodes at the end.
    or
    2) Play once at the start of the sub, once 8 hours later, and then grind the nodes at the end (which will not be fully refreshed).

I say grind as much as you can when you first start. I hit each nod once , came back 8 hours later to find 2 of the 5 non nods jump from normal to insane. I look to see why, at least the TOP 10 GRINDED all of the nods to 1 their first playthough. Pushing harder ranks on the rest of us
  • I hope my bracket continues to move at a snail's pace - I've been top 50 since sub opened. Seems like folks didn't even complete one trip of the 'hard' subevent. I'm not aiming for top placement but I'd just like a single cover for when he's essential next time around.
  • The points difference is less than half the value of the node. Assuming you can do the nodes instantly we have the following.

Doing all 6 stacks at the 8 hours mark.
    1 + 5/6 + 4/6 + 3/6 + 2/6 + 1/6 = 3.5 (or 3.58 if you also clear the end points after 4 hours)

vs

Doing one stack at 8 hours and then 6 stacks at 12 hours.
    1 + 11/12 + 9/12 + 7/12 + 5/12 + 3/12 + 1/12 = 4

Obviously this is not possible without cheating but it is the maximum difference. In the real world the difference is probably half this.
  • squirrel1120
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    I hope my bracket continues to move at a snail's pace - I've been top 50 since sub opened. Seems like folks didn't even complete one trip of the 'hard' subevent. I'm not aiming for top placement but I'd just like a single cover for when he's essential next time around.

Pretty opposite spectrum this time for me. I'm grinding my ever living tush off, playing the last four hours straight, and I still have no real hope of keeping up with beasts PVE gods like Ducky and grumpysmurf. Nothing against you guys, indeed kudos go out, but it feels super odd to play this hard and be mid-T10. Kind of an extreme reminder of how much deleting all those random drawn xforce covers during my transition is really hurting me right now under advisement from forumites. Can't really blame em, it was the conventional wisdom at the time, but it really bites that there is no way to get them back.

I don't know if I even *want* to keep up this pace, new character or not. This is the most grinding I've ever had to do in relation to this game, and it feels like I could hold onto T10 for the moment, but looking at the newest hard sub with mainly cheap DA villians in the essential nodes already scaling to the sky... Any hope of having enough h.packs to grind those to dust feels faded. Having to do a double end-of-sub-grind-down twice a day is the least fun thing I've had to do in the game to date.
  • In this system quantity always beats timing, unless you can beat everything 6 times with time to spare, then in that case you obviously could've afforded to wait a bit longer. However, even if you can do this, you don't always know if you can because the nodes aren't exactly trivial.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pretty opposite spectrum this time for me. I'm grinding my ever living tush off, playing the last four hours straight, and I still have no real hope of keeping up with beasts PVE gods like Ducky and grumpysmurf.
    Dang, I'm ahead of both of them, and don't even get a shout-out icon_e_smile.gif

But yeah, I'm finding it frustrating too... I feel like I'm putting in way too much work just to make sure I get T10. Others seem to be having a different experience in other brackets, but I seriously found PvE less taxing with a 3hr refresh.
  • The only thing that matters is it's bullsh** that some players get more pts per node than others. I grinded every node down to around 60pts being the highest achievable score. Granted I'm still top 5 but did I mention it's bullsh** that some players receive more pts per node? I understand the battles need to be easier to accomodate their lack of power but I can't sleep while they breeze 3k ahead of me before passing out for the rest of the event because their lead is so commanding.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    Pretty opposite spectrum this time for me. I'm grinding my ever living tush off, playing the last four hours straight, and I still have no real hope of keeping up with beasts PVE gods like Ducky and grumpysmurf.
    Dang, I'm ahead of both of them, and don't even get a shout-out icon_e_smile.gif

But yeah, I'm finding it frustrating too... I feel like I'm putting in way too much work just to make sure I get T10. Others seem to be having a different experience in other brackets, but I seriously found PvE less taxing with a 3hr refresh.

The clumping at the top is truly frustrating.

What makes it even worse is that in the last normal sub I hit it immediately, then ground down to one after the refresh was up. Someone in my alliance hit it immediately then towards the end hit every node only 4 times and he ended up with more points than me in that sub. Pissed me off.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    I hope my bracket continues to move at a snail's pace - I've been top 50 since sub opened. Seems like folks didn't even complete one trip of the 'hard' subevent. I'm not aiming for top placement but I'd just like a single cover for when he's essential next time around.

Between Valentine's Day and with how crazy the scaling is, I think a lot of people who don't think they'd compete for Cyclops anyway aren't even bothering. On one of the hard subs that ended over night, I only beat two nodes and I ended up in the top 300 of that grouping.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    slidecage, why should a small roster even have a shot at winning? Maybe newbie brackets are won by such rosters once in a while, I wouldn't know, but devs have stated multiple times that they want to endorse roster diversity, and ideally players to max their characters as well.
    Underleveling characters does NOT give an advantage for PvE despite the stereotype. This, I would know, since *humblebrag* I won all 3 of the newest 4* release events while having high scaling (adequate for my roster strength).
    This is a game and a business, and it makes the most money when people actually invest into characters. What you invest, be it time, money, effort, is up to you, but please don't assume 3 hour refreshes were good for the majority of players. They were not. Exactly because the advantage of developed rosters was severely diminished. And if you think a player with 60 characters winning is unfair compared to a player with 7 characters, then you got quite a mixed up view of this game.
  • locked wrote:
    slidecage, why should a small roster even have a shot at winning? Maybe newbie brackets are won by such rosters once in a while, I wouldn't know, but devs have stated multiple times that they want to endorse roster diversity, and ideally players to max their characters as well.
    Underleveling characters does NOT give an advantage for PvE despite the stereotype. This, I would know, since *humblebrag* I won all 3 of the newest 4* release events while having high scaling (adequate for my roster strength).
    This is a game and a business, and it makes the most money when people actually invest into characters. What you invest, be it time, money, effort, is up to you, but please don't assume 3 hour refreshes were good for the majority of players. They were not. Exactly because the advantage of developed rosters was severely diminished. And if you think a player with 60 characters winning is unfair compared to a player with 7 characters, then you got quite a mixed up view of this game.

underleveling gives an advantage of MagStorm, that's good enough for me
  • squirrel1120
    Options
    simonsez wrote:

Sorry hoss, I didn't put your name together with the one in game. I wish everyone's matched so I could have been more aware earlier that I had no shot at T2... icon_e_wink.gif Once that first ares+2x goon scaled to about 320, the inevitable onslaught in a few turns started taking patch down with the move + one match, and I knew that was the end of clearing that node out. Similar situation in the second sub, so I've already left too many points on the table.

srsly, you guys are all beast, but you have all been playing longer and totally deserve the wins. Everyone making me worry about hanging onto a T10 through this tinykitty of an grindfest has helped my game immensely, so there's no way I can begrudge your rosters and abilities.

Clumping at the top... Yeah, its just not fun. I think this is what they worried about with the 8hrs test event, they probably just didn't have as many crazies all in one lump for it.
  • srsly, you guys are all beast, but you have all been playing longer and totally deserve the wins. Everyone making me worry about hanging onto a T10 through this tinykitty of an grindfest has helped my game immensely, so there's no way I can begrudge your rosters and abilities.

This event is not too grindy - but then again I am not aiming for top 2, so not doing a full clear at the end. Its a refresh at the start one after 8 hours then grind the nodes down until they worth about 50 points in the last couple of hours. This method lost me about 1500 points over the leader - Bonfire - but am currently around 6K up on tenth.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Sorry hoss, I didn't put your name together with the one in game. I wish everyone's matched so I could have been more aware earlier that I had no shot at T2... icon_e_wink.gif Once that first ares+2x goon scaled to about 320, the inevitable onslaught in a few turns started taking patch down with the move + one match, and I knew that was the end of clearing that node out. Similar situation in the second sub, so I've already left too many points on the table.

srsly, you guys are all beast, but you have all been playing longer and totally deserve the wins. Everyone making me worry about hanging onto a T10 through this tinykitty of an grindfest has helped my game immensely, so there's no way I can begrudge your rosters and abilities.

Clumping at the top... Yeah, its just not fun. I think this is what they worried about with the 8hrs test event, they probably just didn't have as many crazies all in one lump for it.

FWIW, my optimal grinding ends tomorrow, so I'm gonna fall off pace. Just hoping a few of you also have things like jobs, family, or extended internet outages.
  • Stupid question, I am assuming there is only one sub thread for the subs just launching for 9am end time? It's been two for the past few and I want to make sure I didnt miss it... Thanks!
  • Scoregasms
    Options
    Anybody else in first slice and only see 1 sub (Russia) available? Just want to make sure, seems to be the case based on Alliance mates and looking at the bracket points.
  • Scoregasms wrote:
    Anybody else in first slice and only see 1 sub (Russia) available? Just want to make sure, seems to be the case based on Alliance mates and looking at the bracket points.

Yes, same here.