Rage and Ruin Tourney

Options

Comments

• Arrrg. I got up to 1400 when someone came in and started beating the snot out of me ~_~ Threw up a shield, can't afford to lose 30 points a swing since this guy seems to like me as a target.
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm noticing very little players worth >25 points now, sitting at 1169 and first. Second place is at 720 in my group. Maybe I should put in a tank team when I shield for the night.
    Nemek-- I've skipped you a few times (since you didn't have your tank team), but I can't find you now lol.

Also some terminology confusion: bracket refers to the players you are facing, which seems distinct from the other bracket/group, which is the leaderboard group right?
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    eidehua wrote:
    I'm noticing very little players worth >25 points now, sitting at 1169 and first. Second place is at 720 in my group. Maybe I should put in a tank team when I shield for the night.
    Nemek-- I've skipped you a few times (since you didn't have your tank team), but I can't find you now lol.

Also some terminology confusion: bracket refers to the players you are facing, which seems distinct from the other bracket/group, which is the leaderboard group right?

Bracket almost exclusively means your leaderboard. There really isn't a name for the players you are facing - MMR group, maybe? The phenomenon where you only see the same people has been called MMR Hell, MMR Bubble, MMR Island.

Also, too bad about not seeing my tank team! There are at least a handful of people who used it as a way to get to 1500+, so there are definitely people out there. (And they better have shields on tonight, because I'm going to be going after them.)
  • Nemek wrote:
    Also, too bad about not seeing my tank team! There are at least a handful of people who used it as a way to get to 1500+, so there are definitely people out there. (And they better have shields on tonight, because I'm going to be going after them.)

Nemek, thanks for you tank team from a noob. I was able to drive to 1864 with lots of help from you Lily Aldrin and Omniax.

Unfortunately, in my excitment I shielded without thinking to put in a tank team of my own. I apologize in advance and will pay it forward next tourny.

You can probably torch me with your regular team anyway I would imagine. I am a piecemeal 2 star team at this point.

Thanks again.
  • So what's the tank with a shield strategy? Put in tank team, yield, then shield?
  • eidehua
    Options
    Nemek wrote:
    Bracket almost exclusively means your leaderboard. There really isn't a name for the players you are facing - MMR group, maybe? The phenomenon where you only see the same people has been called MMR Hell, MMR Bubble, MMR Island.

I see, thanks. Guess I'm stuck in MMR hell lol. Hopefully I can make a push late tonight then put up a tank team w/ shield to help out.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Talking about MMR hell, darn it adamLmpq, is there no one else you can find with decent points?
  • I've been barely able to play this tourney today. Too many ongoing events.
  • eidehua
    Options
    jozier wrote:
    So what's the tank with a shield strategy? Put in tank team, yield, then shield?
    That's what I'm assuming -- gonna do that later tonight.
  • Shielded with tank at 1950. Would have been 2k if not for nemek!
  • Nemek
    Options
    Fangel wrote:
    Shielded with tank at 1950. Would have been 2k if not for nemek!

Ahhh I'm sorry! I noticed that you didn't have as many points when you cycled around again and didn't realize EvilBeavers had a tank team out.

...once your tank team was out, I then proceeded to get another few hundred points out of you, though...

My tank team is out now at around 2100 points. Probably won't push again until 8 hours before the end of the tourney for the 2400.
  • Nemek wrote:
    Fangel wrote:

Ahhh I'm sorry! I noticed that you didn't have as many points when you cycled around again and didn't realize EvilBeavers had a tank team out.

...once your tank team was out, I then proceeded to get another few hundred points out of you, though...

My tank team is out now at around 2100 points. Probably won't push again until 8 hours before the end of the tourney for the 2400.

Lol that 2400 is soooo overkill for our bracket. I'm sitting 3rd at 735 and haven't pushed hardly at all this tourney.
    Oddly its kinda nice to just chill for once (not to mention there is no way i n hell I'd be capable of racing with you lol)
  • I don't know if I have the energy to grind to 2400 (or the time...). I'm in a bad MMR right now, only 10-15 points per match, seriously. And I'm comfortably in the lead in my bracket which is my main concern.
  • Nemek
    Options
    MTGOFerret wrote:
    Nemek wrote:
    Fangel wrote:

Lol that 2400 is soooo overkill for our bracket. I'm sitting 3rd at 735 and haven't pushed hardly at all this tourney.
    Oddly its kinda nice to just chill for once (not to mention there is no way i n hell I'd be capable of racing with you lol)

Yeah, this is actually one of the quieter brackets I've been in since shields started. I haven't been pushing for 1st in most of them so far because people would push to 2000+, even when progression rewards stopped at 1400 or 1800. But, I think a couple of 4* covers will make it worth it.

Also, at least one or two people have put out tank teams at the high point levels, so it's like the easiest ISO ever with boosted Ares.
  • I want your guys' bracket. I'm at 770 and I'm #9 with 1400 being #1 icon_e_sad.gif
  • Ground it out and hit 2400 thanks to Nemek, evilbeavers, Fangel and others. Thanks to all who helped me out with shields and bag teams! 2nd is around 1400, so I put up a bag team and 24 hr. shield to pay the community back - I won't break it until later tomorrow if 2nd makes a crazy charge. Hope my points help you over the top!
  • Thanks for blazing the trail cHicKen Pie. Must've attacked you twenty consecutive times to hit 2401.

Finally, I can go to sleep. Florida can wait till morning.

5th Blue Spidey cover, where have you been all my life... should've just spent the HP's weeks ago.
  • I hit a weird bubble where I only had a few opponent choices which covered a spread of about 700 points from 1200-1900, so I put in the Bag-man and the Baguettes and shielded at around 1600. I'd been hitting eidehua's tank team, but then landed in the twilight zone.
  • just registered to say thnx to nemek tanking w/ 2130 elo and 2 more guys w/ 239x elo for easiest 700 points and free iso i ever had in pvp enents :[ nice to see community caring about each other.
    im tanking aswell now. feel free to rush progression rewards, folks ;d
  • Honestly all you're going to go is get shields nerfed if people continue to have tank teams after shielded. I realize it doesn't help that the game gives you like only 3 opponents at that point and that it would barely take longer if you have a legitmate team but there's just something really wrong with what's going on in the high 1000s range.