Rage and Ruin Tourney

Options

Comments

• Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jozier wrote:
    What are people thinking of as complimentary to Ares? Hulk? OBW?
    Spidey, those boosted greens hurt
  • Spoit wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    What are people thinking of as complimentary to Ares? Hulk? OBW?
    Spidey, those boosted greens hurt

Yeah I've been using Spidey and Wolvie (I haven't really used Wolvie at all tbh. Might swap him out for someone with more support ability, but can't decide who).
  • jozier wrote:
    Are you not participating in The Hunt? They're handing out Ares covers like candy. And I pulled one from my Dark Avengers token.

I only looked at Florida and seen red as the 1-2 reward. I wasn't paying attention that they switch from event to event. Hopefully will have ares at 4/4/5 in a day or 2.

And yeah I been running ares spidey wolvie.

Trying to get as much use as I can from all the covers soon to be nerfed.
  • I've already sold like 4-5 Ares covers lol. Nice ISO.
  • Wolverine and Hulk are a scary hedge against Ares.

Tons and tons of Green AP generation for the enemy team.
  • Maybe it's just me, but I'm seeing NOBODY worth more than 11 points per match. I started a little early, should have started tomorrow, but the grinding will be crazy at that rate.
  • Hm IM40 makes a nice companion to Ares.
  • Maybe I just like boosted Ares more than the rest of my bracket?

zoFU5fG.jpg
  • jozier wrote:
    Maybe I just like boosted Ares more than the rest of my bracket?

zoFU5fG.jpg

Or they just don't want to spend on the shields. I would guess a mix of those. While we have complete or nearly compleyer ares there are many that probably only have 4-5 covers and far less ISO. It's a pretty quick turnaround that he is in an event as the main already to be honest. I expected it, but the weekend tournement or monday post-event end one. Threw some points into him but I am not going to start the tournement till tomorrow night. Some ppl.do the same..except they start a bracket first.

What is the lvl of ares looking like right now? I imagine its hard for ghee go be too many with 50+ as you'd need.to be saving iso or putting it into him prior.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jozier wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/zoFU5fG.jpg[/img]

Or they just don't want to spend on the shields. I would guess a mix of those. While we have complete or nearly compleyer ares there are many that probably only have 4-5 covers and far less ISO. It's a pretty quick turnaround that he is in an event as the main already to be honest. I expected it, but the weekend tournement or monday post-event end one. Threw some points into him but I am not going to start the tournement till tomorrow night. Some ppl.do the same..except they start a bracket first.

What is the lvl of ares looking like right now? I imagine its hard for ghee go be too many with 50+ as you'd need.to be saving iso or putting it into him prior.
    I just wish I hadn't spent like 30k ISO on rag literally an hour or so before the nerf. I dumped all my hunt ISO into ares, but he's only at 35
  • Spoit wrote:
    jozier wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/zoFU5fG.jpg[/img]

I just wish I hadn't spent like 30k ISO on rag literally an hour or so before the nerf. I dumped all my hunt ISO into ares, but he's only at 35
    . Yea, not as bad but I lvled my rag on the last day of lr and used him a grand total of once. Luckily I only did 18-50. My ares is lvl 30 and I have about 13k stored that I am trying to decide if I should keep saving or just use on him. I don't particularly plan on using him but I also don't have a plan for the ISO reallly until after I see what they do to spidey and company. Might not be worth moving spidey from lvl 69 (heh) to max. Also.thinking of pushing mor into hulk or lvling punisher as both will likely be in plenty of events. Also considering just saving for one of the 2 wolverine covers (3***/4****).

Edit: 10k saved and lvl 35...compulsive ISO spender...
  • I've got my Ares up to 76 ... I'm sure my neighbours can hear my squeals of pure joy every time I swing for a huge hit with Onslaught. I attacked Jozier ... boosted , game began with 2 huge cascades, it was not pretty for his side of the board. btw shielded now at just over 1k.
  • Yeah, boosted lv70 Ares runs his own show. The only teammates who compliment him are those who don't conflict with his colors, so OBW and Spidey are probably best. For a third, I'm running Hulk because he's annoying on defense and his skills cost considerably more than Ares', so the AI will rarely use them.
  • Celerity wrote:
    Yeah, boosted lv70 Ares runs his own show. The only teammates who compliment him are those who don't conflict with his colors, so OBW and Spidey are probably best. For a third, I'm running Hulk because he's annoying on defense and his skills cost considerably more than Ares', so the AI will rarely use them.

You are so right he runs his own show! I am running a max Punishuer and high Hulk , just for annoyance/ intimidation factor. icon_lol.gif
  • This tournament feels a lot like the level 240 missions where you just throw a random body when Ares is going to do any of his moves.
  • Phantron wrote:
    This tournament feels a lot like the level 240 missions where you just throw a random body when Ares is going to do any of his moves.

LOL indeed. And hope that at the moment you have actual options, I often realized to be locked in.
  • Bucky76 wrote:
    Celerity wrote:
    Yeah, boosted lv70 Ares runs his own show. The only teammates who compliment him are those who don't conflict with his colors, so OBW and Spidey are probably best. For a third, I'm running Hulk because he's annoying on defense and his skills cost considerably more than Ares', so the AI will rarely use them.

You are so right he runs his own show! I am running a max Punishuer and high Hulk , just for annoyance/ intimidation factor. icon_lol.gif

It worked. Everytime you popped up on my radar I was like.. naaahhhh.
  • Bucky76 wrote:
    Celerity wrote:

I avoided you icon_e_wink.gif but also because I recognized your forum name.
  • It's a pretty quick turnaround that he is in an event as the main already to be honest. I expected it, but the weekend tournement or monday post-event end one.

I agree. The main Ares Hunt tournament isn't finished yet either plus there is so much going on right now it's a matter of picking your battles/scheduling time between tournies. I almost wore myself out trying to do everything at once yesterday. Today I came into work to take a "break" lol.
  • What is the best team for ares? I have been running my 141 Spidey with my 141 Mag? but not liking the feel as much as I thought with him. Any suggestions?