Rage and Ruin Tourney

Options

Comments

• I think the dilemma with Ares is that all 3 of his colours are good so people feel like they should build balanced teams and avoid overlap. I think Hulk or gs.bw are still suitable teamates for generating green for example.

I think my personal fave might be obw. Give them a bunch of green then steal it right back. She also has a heal to mediate the self-inflicted damage.
  • I think my personal fave might be obw. Give them a bunch of green then steal it right back. She also has a heal to mediate the self-inflicted damage.
    This. It's great. "Man, I have the 8 purple to steal, but they don't have any green - OH WAIT, BLAM SUCKA"
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Roya PQ wrote:
    It's a pretty quick turnaround that he is in an event as the main already to be honest. I expected it, but the weekend tournement or monday post-event end one.

I agree. The main Ares Hunt tournament isn't finished yet either plus there is so much going on right now it's a matter of picking your battles/scheduling time between tournies. I almost wore myself out trying to do everything at once yesterday. Today I came into work to take a "break" lol.
    Yeah, I got my ares covers, and I've only been 1/4 in getting the 500 HP rank in the subs, so since I don't need the punisher, I've pretty much stopped trying in the hunt
  • Hulk11
    Hulk11 Posts: 435
    Options
    Running sheilds right now.
  • Burning through 3 hr shields at work...

Trying to get a few attacks in after expiry, but i'm only netting 10 an attack (30-20).

Looks like this one is going to be a 2AM grind special... joy.
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Man this tourney is a slog for me, no fights are going very fast.

Punisher 96
    Hulk, spidey, im40 at 141
    Ares at 36

Running punisher/Ares/spidey did not go well
    Hulk/ares/spidey is slow
    Im40/ares/spidey is better so far.

Ares is just stupid powerful, hate to feel like I have to stun lock him,but its crazy with this guy on buffs
  • Spoit
    Options
    Matches started going a lot faster when I stopped worrying about giving the enemy green, and just used it to take out the enemy ares
  • Spoit wrote:
    Matches started going a lot faster when I stopped worrying about giving the enemy green, and just used it to take out the enemy ares

Yep. I roll with Spidey and Hulk for this one, but now instead of trying to stunlock the entire team, I just stun lock Ares and unload on him with greens until he's down, then transition to mop-up.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm tempted to run a Hulk/Ares/Juggernaut team to win an award for "most likely team to kill itself."
  • I'm tempted to run a Hulk/Ares/Juggernaut team to win an award for "most likely team to kill itself."

That team could be annoying as hell to play against if it weren't for the fact that Jugg is so weak and they have too much colour overlap.
  • Anyone tried using *Widow or even 35 Venom? I don't have a worthwhile stunner above 1* (read: Spidey), and buffed-O-Ares really feels like he needs stunning. Would obviously make you a target, but might give you time to kill him before he downs someone every match.

Probably better off with OBW on suppression. Mine's stuck at 61 (had two black since before No Man's Land and Widowmaker), but all that really hurts is strike tile ticks. She'd still die to one cascade at 85.
  • jozier wrote:
    I'm tempted to run a Hulk/Ares/Juggernaut team to win an award for "most likely team to kill itself."

That team could be annoying as hell to play against if it weren't for the fact that Jugg is so weak and they have too much colour overlap.

Juggernaut, weak? That's funny.
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It would go better I am sure if I was willing to pony up the cost for boosts icon_razz.gif
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hey Spoit, are you going to be trying for the blue IW? Trying to decide how much effort I should be putting into this tourney.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    So...this is weird. I went up to around 1250ish and put on a shield and put out my tank team so other people can get higher up in points (I'm pretty worried we won't make it up to 2400 the way things are going so far.)

In that time, one person has attacked me some 20ish times, but also yielded to me three times (for 42 points, overall.) He is at 1550 or so.

Is this some sort of next-level strategy so that he can continue taking a decent amount of points off my tank team forever? Theoretically, if he tried long enough, he'll eventually get to 2400, pulling me in tow. I don't really know if it's any more efficient than just beating me over and over, though.

Whoever you are OmniaX...I'm not complaining.
  • Maybe he's trying to lower his MMR? Not sure.
  • I know there is over a day left in the tourney but I'm just casually playing and am ranked 27th.

This makes no sense to me because in the Lighting Rounds I play a match and a few min later I get attacked and go from the 100's to the 1000's.

So am I really in a slow/low bracket or is everyone waiting for the last hour?
  • Emotive wrote:
    I know there is over a day left in the tourney but I'm just casually playing and am ranked 27th.

This makes no sense to me because in the Lighting Rounds I play a match and a few min later I get attacked and go from the 100's to the 1000's.

Lr have around 8k every bracket. The size for this is what, 500? Your equivalent rank would be 27*16 or 432 if we take out all other factors. Add them in and your equivalent rank is between 200-800 In a lr probably.

Scores will increase greatly in the last few hours. I haven't even STARTED a bracket for example. Most events top 15 is around 500-700 regardless of bracketing. A bad bracket might have the entire top 15 above 1000 now though. Also, lr are still going on..its the middle of the week, and depending on when you started your bracket it may or may not be peak hours for others. With the advent of the shield you are able to build large scores rather quickly as well. 3-4 hrs to get 0 to 1800. If you assume someone is gaining 30 pts for a match and winning a match every 5 min then you better be up 400 pts or so to feel safe...maybe even 600 since points flow more the higher you get until you reach the pinnacle.

Also, there are a lot of events going on right now between hunt lr and this. Ppl.have poured thuer ISO into other things and many prob believe that if they have a ares with less than 30 pts its not worth playing.

Another consideration is ppl might not like ANOTHER wolvie since so many ppl's team.right now consists of 2** wolverine. Prob the most commonly used cover in the game right now. Since they would have to remove him to use the 3*** that gives them far less incentive to go for him as they don't think they will even be using him...unlike say a hulk event where everyone received 2 already and a 3rd 4th or 5th might actually mean something to them.
  • Emotive wrote:
    I know there is over a day left in the tourney but I'm just casually playing and am ranked 27th.

Lr have around 8k every bracket. The size for this is what, 500? Your equivalent rank would be 27*16 or 432 if we take out all other factors. Add them in and your equivalent rank is between 200-800 In a lr probably.

Scores will increase greatly in the last few hours. I haven't even STARTED a bracket for example. Most events top 15 is around 500-700 regardless of bracketing. A bad bracket might have the entire top 15 above 1000 now though. Also, lr are still going on..its the middle of the week, and depending on when you started your bracket it may or may not be peak hours for others. With the advent of the shield you are able to build large scores rather quickly as well. 3-4 hrs to get 0 to 1800. If you assume someone is gaining 30 pts for a match and winning a match every 5 min then you better be up 400 pts or so to feel safe...maybe even 600 since points flow more the higher you get until you reach the pinnacle.

Also, there are a lot of events going on right now between hunt lr and this. Ppl.have poured thuer ISO into other things and many prob believe that if they have a ares with less than 30 pts its not worth playing.

Another consideration is ppl might not like ANOTHER wolvie since so many ppl's team.right now consists of 2** wolverine. Prob the most commonly used cover in the game right now. Since they would have to remove him to use the 3*** that gives them far less incentive to go for him as they don't think they will even be using him...unlike say a hulk event where everyone received 2 already and a 3rd 4th or 5th might actually mean something to them.
    Alright, thanks soe!
  • Spoit
    Options
    Hey Spoit, are you going to be trying for the blue IW? Trying to decide how much effort I should be putting into this tourney.
    Yeah, probably not going to grind all the way to 2.4k though