Rage and Ruin Tourney

Options

Comments

• Does your MMR still get affected with shield active?

But last tourney was the same for me. I joined with 1 1/2 hours left, but didn't get any 50 point matches until 400 or so points in.

True, I did get hit an awful lot while shielded, but didn't think it was THAT much.
  • This new PVP is garbage.

I grinded up to about 1300. Then I had to leave. I'm now at 717. No joke. And the only matches I can find are the same 7-8 people. One for ~35 points, one for ~27 points, the rest in the teens, a couple single digits.
  • Jozier, I am on the same board, I can't even break 1k now.

Last night I farmed to 1167 then when I relog I am down at 700.

Look like start early is the only way to bypass very strong competition in the 1k range .

I just wonder why ppl not picking on shields ppl first.

Without shield to gain point, u can not go up....
  • xinyucao wrote:

I just wonder why ppl not picking on shields ppl first.

Without shield to gain point, u can not go up....

I don't think you can tell who is/isn't shielded unless they have a dummy team out there, right?
  • All the fun from PVP is gone. Not an overreaction or an exaggeration. It's just not fun anymore.
  • The first time, yes. you can't tell.

But player just repeatly hitting on me and my ratings drop 200 in a flash of 10 minutes. It only get their rating up by 100 points above me and then I retaliate, their rating drop down to my level again?
    It just feel like a deadlock. No one can progress. One thing I noticed is that, the rating being updated so slowly, sometimes people might not realize they hiting someone without shield ......
  • With the massive fluctuation in points it's actually pretty easy to tell who's shielded, because they're the guy whose point didn't go down by 200 between the first and second time you saw them.
  • Copps
    Copps Posts: 333 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    We'll just shielded for the night with a tank team and 900 ish pts enjoy it ppl
  • Climbing in this tourney is painful not because of the lesser usage of shields but those -50 hits from people over 1000 points below you is pretty dumb. icon_rolleyes.gif

Finding any reasonable matches at 1500 was ridiculous. I'm just glad I found one guy I knew was shielded and went to town on him over and over skipping a ridiculous number of 10 pt fights.

I struggled to get to 1600 and shielded out there with Team Bag. Wasn't fortunate enough to find any bag teams on my way up. Have fun guys.
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Lord, just lost 16 points from a guy that had to try 3 times to take me out, I lost 16 points to a Zerg rush.
  • Clintman
    Options
    Thank you for being shielded Jozier, no one else really showing up in my MMR to hit.
  • Clint wrote:
    Thank you for being shielded Jozier, no one else really showing up in my MMR to hit.

I'm not shielded. No chance am I wasting HP on this broken PVP system.
  • Clintman
    Options
    Right then, ill leave off icon_e_smile.gif getting hits by all the 600's now. so much fun with the changes /sarcasm
  • You can attack if you want. The guy in first in my bracket has a 900 point lead on me because he keeps wasting HP on shields, but I'm comfortably above second. I'm not going to be able to get past 1200 with this broken system so as long as I get my 3 Patch covers, I'm fine.
  • jozier wrote:
    You can attack if you want. The guy in first in my bracket has a 900 point lead on me because he keeps wasting HP on shields, but I'm comfortably above second. I'm not going to be able to get past 1200 with this broken system so as long as I get my 3 Patch covers, I'm fine.

LOL i'm in a similar situation. Hit 1200 to get the green cover for Punisher and was happy with that. Although I am getting pelted now.
  • Okay I'm done. 10 consecutive battles exiting to -47 or more? No more for me. Going to do PVE for the rest of the night. What a **** design implementation.
  • Does anyone else find it ironic the name of this tourney is Rage and Ruin? That had to be planned. icon_e_biggrin.gif That was a really funny joke, D3. Now put it all back the way it was. icon_e_confused.gif
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Damn it soenottelling, i hate you so much. (Not really, but you did cause all of this) Just as im about to get 1250 and shield at first place, you hit me for 100 points. This just creates an endless cascade of people hitting me, and i end up shielding at 1050 at fourth place... This new pvp system sucks.
  • Spoit, ease off the attack a bit will you? I'm pushing for 2400 reward here icon_e_wink.gif
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Spoit, ease off the attack a bit will you? I'm pushing for 2400 reward here icon_e_wink.gif
    Oh oops, thought you were shielded because the points weren't going down. Guess it was lag. But yeah, these new changes seemed to be even worse at creating mmr islands, you were one of the only ones with more than 20 points (and one of two that didn't have an annoying amount of hp)

I'm just going to settle for 1.8k, which should hopefully be top 5, punching bag man is up

Edit: oh oops, forgot to say sorry