Comments

• Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    (how bagnanimous of me)

861.gif
  • Kelbris wrote:
    omg I keep getting wicked low level teams in matchmaking, this is hilarious

Last tournament I was fighting like, 85 Ares/120 Hulk/110 Mags. Got all the way to 2400 and haven't tanked since then.

Right now?

I'm up against 21 Ares, 6 MN Mags, 14 Venom

That's not really fair.

Are you sure you're not fighting guys like Kicksthatkick and so on? I plowed through like 10 of those bots early on but they run out pretty quick.
  • Kelbris
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Kelbris wrote:

Last tournament I was fighting like, 85 Ares/120 Hulk/110 Mags. Got all the way to 2400 and haven't tanked since then.

Right now?

That's not really fair.

Are you sure you're not fighting guys like Kicksthatkick and so on? I plowed through like 10 of those bots early on but they run out pretty quick.

Can't be. I've cycled through at least 20 people while trying to make sure I'm fighting for at least 20+. Just ran into 6 Ares, 15 Iron Man, 41 Rags.

I just wanna get to 300 to see if I grab a red Ares, then I'm calling it a night.
  • Kelbris wrote:

Right now?

That's not really fair.

Just wait same story as you but got to 300 and starting to get high level guys but no worries think my 85 Ares/ 141 Spidey/ 141 Mag can take it.
  • Calling it a nite see yall later icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Kelbris
    Options
    russnou wrote:
    Kelbris wrote:

Right now?

That's not really fair.

Just wait same story as you but got to 300 and starting to get high level guys but no worries think my 85 Ares/ 141 Spidey/ 141 Mag can take it.

What skill distribution did you use for Ares? I'm trying to find out the green damage at 85 for 3/5/5.
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Phantron wrote:

Speaking of which, I can't believe there hasn't been any outrage over the nerfing of the seed team names. All those poor @s, lost to the ether.
  • Hm now that everyone joins late, I wonder if it's better to join early.
  • Misguided wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

Speaking of which, I can't believe there hasn't been any outrage over the nerfing of the seed team names. All those poor @s, lost to the ether.

I also saw some new names for the seed teams, at least different from the ones I'm used to seeing (BaconMagic, BattleAngel, Kicksthatkick, etc).
  • Kelbris
    Options
    Got that red Ares from the token :3 I can complete a 4/4/5 right now if I want to... but I want to know if the green damage bump is worth it when he's max level when you go green 3 --> 4
  • Why would you bother with 5 red? You're rarely going to be below 30% anyway without being dead and that extra 5% will likely not come in handy.
  • Kelbris
    Options
    jozier wrote:
    Why would you bother with 5 red? You're rarely going to be below 30% anyway without being dead and that extra 5% will likely not come in handy.

That's why I'm most likely going to do 4/4/5. I just want to see the damage bump from 3 to 4, since it most likely is about +50 per.
  • Kelbris
    Options
    Dang, watch out for this dude

xdGlLov.jpg

Poor guy wasted so much ISO.
  • I am 3/5/5. I don't have ISO to get to 85 however(lvl55 at the moment) .
    Start the game with ares at 30% hp is great, fasten the kill. Only work with boosts.
    I don't think I would use him a lot, so build 3/5/5 for fast kills. Damn, the shield price is so high now!!
  • Kelbris
    Options
    xinyucao wrote:
    I am 3/5/5. I don't have ISO to get to 85 however(lvl55 at the moment) .
    Start the game with ares at 30% hp is great, fasten the kill. Only work with boosts.
    I don't think I would use him a lot, so build 3/5/5 for fast kills. Damn, the shield price is so high now!!

I was thinking of doing that. Use OBW and Ares with boosts, have him be at 30%, throw out a Rampage and then heal him with OBW, and then use a Sunder to keep his health around 30%

Seems like I could do that with 25% as well.
  • Yes, 25% is fine for 15k health. A bit low for my lvl55, only 9.8 k.
    Usually, I use the green for strike tiles, sunder then rampage then heal.
    If green is not for strike tiles, I'd go 4/4/5. But won't matter, I don't want to waste ISO on ares.
  • Whew. This tourney is brutal for me. EVERY SINGLE TEAM has an 85 wolvie and an 85 Thor, along with a 30 - 60ish Ares. I usually finish top 50 and sometimes top 15 with some effort, but now I'm getting creamed regularly.
  • joshvox wrote:
    Whew. This tourney is brutal for me. EVERY SINGLE TEAM has an 85 wolvie and an 85 Thor, along with a 30 - 60ish Ares. I usually finish top 50 and sometimes top 15 with some effort, but now I'm getting creamed regularly.

It isn't the tournament, it's your rating. The effort from those top 15 finishes has pushed your matchmaking rating up so you are seeing tougher opponents.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    Kelbris wrote:

It's probably because most the noobs are joining right away and the older players are laying back.

No, that's not it. I just started and am seeing the same thing. Anyone else seeing this?
    Also, everyone has been saying they are getting high value opponents from the start, but I just had to skip 20 times to find someone with more than 100 points. Strange.
  • Does your MMR still get affected with shield active?

But last tourney was the same for me. I joined with 1 1/2 hours left, but didn't get any 50 point matches until 400 or so points in.