**** Invisible Woman (Classic) **** [PRE 2015-04]

Options

Comments

• IceIX wrote:
    Max level stats
    6996 HP
    70/10/62/55/9/9/3.0x/4

If anyone else didn't think these numbers were a little underwhelming, go read this: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1036
  • AdamMagus wrote:
    Her Abilities cost way too much, trying to do a little testing but matches don't last long enough for me to get to enjoy playing with her, even at low levels getting that much AP without using boosts is very time consuming for very little effect on the battlefield

Yeah, I haven't played her yet, but requiring tiles have her symbol means that she needs to be equal or higher level to the rest of your team for it to be useful. That's gonna be hard...
  • Max level stats
    6996 HP
    70/10/62/55/9/9/3.0x/4

Jeez. She will be ok if there are many force bubbles on board but at those stats 70/10/62/55/9/9/3.0x/4 she must be level 180+ just to see her bubble tile on board (I played with spidey and rags). I only saw her bubles tile playing her with team 1level 1* and at level 1 blue skill she generates 6 bubbles if there were all her symbol tiles on board . So Force Bubbles will create only one bubble unless she will be like 180+ ....
    So her green also will be useless - at level 30 green skill does about 100 damage (sic!). Did not notice if her green generates AP but I think it not.

Please devs - fix her

Make her blue skill creates one buble at level 1 and 5 bubles at level 5. Then she can be used at lower levels
  • AdamMagus
    AdamMagus Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    While invisible she/weakest character can still be hit by AoE attacks (just got hit by an exploding countdown tile), I guess it was expected, invisible does not mean invulnerable
  • I can also confirm what was assumed/described - the green skill creates bubbles if there are none, but you must trigger it a second time (*another* 12 green AP) to then burst/crush them.

It occurs to me that Bag-Man's blue skill is at least as useful as IW's. It starts off cheaper, increases in cost for more webs, neutralizes a tile while it is webbed, and requires two matches to destroy the tile that it is on.
  • AdamMagus wrote:
    While invisible she/weakest character can still be hit by AoE attacks (just got hit by an exploding countdown tile), I guess it was expected, invisible does not mean invulnerable

Oh - so she is upgraded avoid modern Howkeye.

So she is even useless then I though so
  • Adjusted meaning of star ratings:

1 * Basic unit for play. Comparatively weak, but fun and efficient. Max at a low level of 50/40.

2 ** advanced unit for play. Middle of the pack cards. Some are very strong, and are nearly 3 *** in usefulness while others are at the low end of the spectrum. Slightly higher level and coat makes these covers generally more viable than 1 * covers at higher level of play. Max at 85 (what is it for 2 ability?)
    3 *** elite unit for play. High worth high rarity cards that are expensive to level but well worth the effort.

4**** trophy unit for case. Very high rarity and value cards with 2** usefulness. Compareable to some lower tiered 3*** and higher tier 2** but generally are too rare to be obtainable. Look nice sometimes.

Seriously though, she is interesting but I cannot move the locked tiles either? That means the only use is spamming them out to crush them (soo expensive for the outcome) or to place over an important countdown tile.

NOW. If they implemented some different types of events instead of just "play the game" ones she could be interesting. You know, maybe a "protect a VIP for 10 turns" match where a random tile is turned into a 10 turn countdown tileand if the tile is destroyed you lose. Something like that. Or a captain America vs. Red skull battle where caps shield moves come into play. Such as it starts you with 12 ap in each color and you have to beat the red skull without him getting a single instant kill countdown tile off. Or Spiderman vs. Doc oc where there is a countdown at the top of the screen over a random row and regardless as to whether he is stunned or not doc uses his robo arms to wipe that column out, the goal being to keep doc oc webbed up as much as possible because even his arms on their own do pretty good damage. Or a thanos battle where he launches countdown tiles equivalent to each of the gems every 5-6 turns and your goal is basically to wipe them out every turn before one activates (still very similar to a normal.match, but the tile placement would by more cyclical). Omega red battle where he takes huge bonus damage while stunned and "whips" the board every few turns destroying tiles. You know...variety.
  • Polkio wrote:
    Max level stats
    Please devs - fix her

Make her blue skill creates one buble at level 1 and 5 bubles at level 5. Then she can be used at lower levels

While they are at it, how about the bubbles doing something useful? An ability that costs that many points should do something other than "create special tiles needed for another ability".
  • Unknown
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Compareable to some lower tiered 3*** and higher tier 2**

Perhaps you were trying to be polite, but I actually disagree with this part...

I'm glad I won her covers, but I'd be shocked to see anyone using her (except as a novelty/lark).

Edit:apologies for the double post. I should have combined them.
  • ^^ This. I seriously expected them to at least protect a tile so it requires two matches to destroy, to protect the invisibility tile, or protect countdown tiles so they can trigger. It'd be even better if it had dual use - put a bubble on an opponent's countdown and it is halted or the effect nullified when it triggers.

The reality seems to be that 4*s are money sinks for the completionist whales. Which is fine by me, just disappointing that she's not more useful.
  • fatcatfan wrote:
    I can also confirm what was assumed/described - the green skill creates bubbles if there are none, but you must trigger it a second time (*another* 12 green AP) to then burst/crush them.

thats absolutely awful. that's basically worse than either storm's green by far.

I was only top 15 so I didn't get to test yellow. I put level 34 her, level 30 4* wolverine, and my **** level 15 loki against one of the pve missions where it's 3 level 35 HAMMER guys. I figured I'd test out her force bubbles.

I ended up losing :'(

... and I didn't even get to use any of their skills.
  • Misguided wrote:
    Compareable to some lower tiered 3*** and higher tier 2**

Perhaps you were trying to be polite, but I actually disagree with this part...

I'm glad I won her covers, but I'd be shocked to see anyone using her (except as a novelty/lark).

Edit:apologies for the double post. I should have combined them.

I was talking tiers, so x force wolvie was part of the 4 tiers. At least he has health and base damage on his side to function as high cost tank so someone like rag/mag don't have to sit out in front taking damage. Sue at a low level glance...I wouldn't put in over Thor/storm/any 3*** (probably including Loki...). It's sad. She needs to use her blue first, then her green. So not only does one skill require the other...but there is basically an order to it. And the yellow ppl won't max, so its 20 yellow for non aoe damage protection? I mean..what?

Only thing I can think of is that she is built with another member or two of the fantastic four in mind and we will see some abilities on Mr. Fantastic or johnny that make her protect tiles and invisibility make sense. For example, what if the human torch did very very high base damage but had very low health..such that he is always out front. Sue might help with that. Or what if johnny had a "flame on" ability where he needed to have a tile on the board to be "on fire" and do that massive base damage? Then her protect tiles could be spaced to make it very hard to destroy that tile.
  • I ended up losing :'(

... and I didn't even get to use any of their skills.

Oh...dear. I suggest the last mission on the Venom map. That's the one I used.
  • I haven't tested, but I assume the bubbles also fail to protect from things like storm's, rag's, and juggernaut's green powers.
  • I was talking tiers, so x force wolvie was part of the 4 tiers.

Yeah, I knew what you meant, and thought your analysis was right on. The 4* covers are basically for saying you have them at this point, but not worth using.
  • Sooo disappointed! icon_cry.gif
    In her present form she is almost useless (certainly when compared with other characters).

As with AdamMagus, I will not complain without suggestion, however... icon_e_wink.gif

Major complaint: abilities cost way too high.
    In particular, the yellow ability. No defensive ability should have a cost this high IMHO.

My suggestion: 5-10AP (depending on level). Why so much lower?
    1) The effect can be easily nullified by an opponent with some wise matching
    2) She is a 4*, so maybe she should be useful/formidable? (...though the trend of 4*s doesn't presently seem to bear this out...)

At 5-10AP, her yellow would make her a great defensive character, though not IMHO ridiculously so...
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    I think it's still a bit too early to come to any real solid conclusions.

So many times we've come to 'conclusions' on which characters are good/bad before seeing them at near-max level, and I think we've been wrong a number of times.
  • AdamMagus
    AdamMagus Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Nemek wrote:

So many times we've come to 'conclusions' on which characters are good/bad before seeing them at near-max level, and I think we've been wrong a number of times.

I agree with you, she may turn out to be a cool character at higher levels, but as she currently stands I just don't see her being that useful with the obscene AP cost of all her abilities

Cut the base AP cost of all abilities in half while keeping the abilities as they are and she may see some playtime
  • Nemek wrote:

True for blue & green...we'll see...
    But as far as yellow, it doesn't scale with levels. It will always be just as easy to nullify by an opponent, and always be at too high an AP to be useful...
  • Yellow turn low health or level char into invisible which cannot be targeted but still vulnerable to some attacks as a little defect to the this strong ability(my point of view). I can accept that. The issue is Ap cost too expensive to use. When you gather enough Ap, the weakest member already done.

Also,the display drawing for invisible woman looks ugly..
This discussion has been closed.