**** Invisible Woman (Classic) **** [PRE 2015-04]

Options

Comments

• Zathrus wrote:
    And given the utterly insane amount of ISO it would take to max a 4* they really should be definitively better, just as with other rankings.

You raise some good points, but I don't know how you go about making a character significantly stronger than C.Mags or Rags and not break the game.

But, Wolvy X-force (and Invisible Woman based on my assumptions) should be stronger than they are now.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    Zathrus wrote:
    And given the utterly insane amount of ISO it would take to max a 4* they really should be definitively better, just as with other rankings.

You raise some good points, but I don't know how you go about making a character significantly stronger than C.Mags or Rags and not break the game.

Yup, if those were 4* and Thor and c.storm had been 3* things might not feel quite so nuts.

The other thing is that the value of offense relative to defense is rather overwhelming. There are no defensive abilities in the game that can counter a massive offensive strike. I think it would be awesome, for instance, if Bullseye's passive worked in such a way that if he took more than X% of damage in one shot, it would negate the damage, but destroy all shield tiles (or even something like they protect 5x the normal amount instead of complete negation).
  • I think part of the problem is that you have extremely powerful characters (in terms of damage dealing) that also have a high amount of HP's (which passes off as defense in this game).

Some games, offset one attribute with a difficency somewhere else. So, if you have a powerful character they are usually going to have low defense or low hit points. The proverbial 'glass cannon'.

Other games offset it by using a 'rock, scissors, paper' system. So, each character is assigned a category and there will always be other characters (even if weaker) that can be extra-effective against them.

Seems like there is more room for the former than the latter in the way MPQ is set up. A more ideal situation would be one where Loki has the most HP's and Ragnorak has the least.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    I think part of the problem is that you have extremely powerful characters (in terms of damage dealing) that also have a high amount of HP's (which passes off as defense in this game).

Some games, offset one attribute with a difficency somewhere else. So, if you have a powerful character they are usually going to have low defense or low hit points. The proverbial 'glass cannon'.

Other games offset it by using a 'rock, scissors, paper' system. So, each character is assigned a category and there will always be other characters (even if weaker) that can be extra-effective against them.

Seems like there is more room for the former than the latter in the way MPQ is set up. A more ideal situation would be one where Loki has the most HP's and Ragnorak has the least.

Yup, in old-school RPG parlance, "tank mages". Doom might also qualify, but he's not a problem because it takes time to set his moves up (relatively). IM40 is also not a problem for the same reason. Ragnarok is ridiculous because of how cheap his red skill is. It doesn't do that much damage on its own, but the spammability...
  • Misguided wrote:
    It doesn't do that much damage on its own
    I beg to differ.

Thor: 12 AP = 2226 (generates 10 yellow tiles)
    Wolverine: 10 AP = 2225
    Moonstone: 11 AP + 10 tiles = 2392
    Hawkeye: 10 AP = 4935 (divided amongst 3 targets)
    IM40: 13 AP + AP drain = 3559
    Rags: 12 AP = 3798 (generates 30 green tiles)

Mags' purple just for fun: 10 AP + 9 tiles = 5724
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    That would break immersion somewhat though. You don't expect a cloned cyborg god to have fewer HP than a trickster god.
  • Misguided wrote:
    It doesn't do that much damage on its own
    I beg to differ.

I meant on a per-use basis, hence the comment about how often it can be used/how cheap it is. If it cost significantly more to use, the damage would be a non-issue.
  • uuddlrlr
    uuddlrlr Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Options
    I have questions, but they're about Force Bubbles.

guess I'll have to wait to encounter her to see what "unlocking but not destroying it" means.

and it's nice to finally have a new team represented in the game (Fantastic Four) !
  • uuddlrlr wrote:
    I have questions, but they're about Force Bubbles.

guess I'll have to wait to encounter her to see what "unlocking but not destroying it" means.

and it's nice to finally have a new team represented in the game (Fantastic Four) !

I imagine it works like this: You create a force bubble and choose one of spidey's web tiles. Then when you unlock it the affect of that power triggers but the web tile is untouched.

Another question: What does locking a tile mean? Can it be destroyed or even moved?
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IIRC, didn't bagman's power talk about 'locking' a tile with a web?
  • Spoit wrote:
    IIRC, didn't bagman's power talk about 'locking' a tile with a web?

Yeah, but I hope that one is different:

Web-Slinger at Level 5

Slings a web that wraps 5 tiles in a sticky cocoon. These locked tiles stick in place and their special effects are neutralized. The locked effect is removed and tile effects resume if it is matched or otherwise destroyed.
  • Based on the text, I'm not really seeing much point in the 2nd skill either if the 3rd one generates force bubbles anyway. Sure, it's better to be able to choose 3 for positioning but to spend 14 blue AP just so its not random?

And in the event that you do a 3/5/5 and combo the last two skills, you're spending 26 AP:

14 Blue AP
    12 Yellow AP

There are so many better things you can do with this than blowing up 24 random tiles. You could do a storm blue + thor yellow, which is like 8000 damage. You could charge ironman and get enough for his blue. You could not be collecting that much blue and yellow in the first place and have 26 better AP if you're not running storm icon_razz.gif
  • I'm pretty sure the force bubbles are intended as a way to protect the invisibility tiles. Not that it makes it any more effective given the AP costs.

That's the main reason I'm trying to hold on to a top 15 finish; top finish to get all three covers is out of the question, but I want to be able to experiment with the force bubles even if I never put them to any good use.

An important question is whether they can be matched to unlock them, like bagman's sticky webs, or if the opponent has no way to destroy them except possibly with their own IW force field crush.
  • I've said it before but I really think the design team has placed massive emphasis on the offensive abilities. There are a bunch of skills that can deal an excess of 2000 damage (in some cases far more). Not a single defensive skill exists that can begin to protect from that. There are stuns which can delay that damage, AP theft abilities, and a couple of heals, but nothing that can block it.

Now admittedly, matches that go on forever wouldn't appeal to a lot of people, but I'd like to see IWs force bubbles each capable of blocking a single attack or something of that nature. Then, you have an interesting choice to make: leave the bubbles for defense, or shatter them for AP and go on the attack.

The other thing is that the design team (and I love this game, so it's not like they haven't done a lot of things right) don't seem to understand what makes some of the 3* characters so strong, which is abilities that are cheap and AP efficient (like Ragnarok's Red and Magneto's Blue). No one is scared of 4* Wolverine and no one will be scared of IW either.

Seems to me that you should be terrified of a 4* character unleashing a signature ability (at least an expensive one). It should be a game-changer.
  • Misguided wrote:
    Seems to me that you should be terrified of a 4* character unleashing a signature ability (at least an expensive one). It should be a game-changer.

This. So much.

Right now the closest thing I can compare it to is the fear of IM40's blue, Magneto's Purple, or Doom's black. They are all devastating. But only IM40's is high cost and in line with the costs we're seeing for 4* powers.

I think IW's yellow power is a very good one for a 4* -- excepting AEs, it protects the weakest party member completely. But at the same time it costs too much to actually be of use. By the time you get 19 yellow, even with boosts, your weakest party member is dead. Possibly your entire party.
  • aaand... the force bubbles don't protect things, only prevent them from being moved except by gravity.

Match a force bubble, and it *and* the tile it's on break. Pretty much worthless.
  • fatcatfan wrote:
    aaand... the force bubbles don't protect things, only prevent them from being moved except by gravity.

Match a force bubble, and it *and* the tile it's on break. Pretty much worthless.

Not surprised. I'll just keep her sitting on my roster for kicks and in the hope they make her useful at some point.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Max level stats
    6996 HP
    70/10/62/55/9/9/3.0x/4
  • IceIX wrote:
    Max level stats
    6996 HP
    70/10/62/55/9/9/3.0x/4

Thank you =D *rushes to edit his Compendium* icon_razz.gif
  • AdamMagus
    AdamMagus Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Her Abilities cost way too much, trying to do a little testing but matches don't last long enough for me to get to enjoy playing with her, even at low levels getting that much AP without using boosts is very time consuming for very little effect on the battlefield

Edit: I don't like to complain without offering suggestions on how to fix things, so in my opinion:

I would adjust her abilities a tad as follow

Invisible Woman (Classic)
    4 Star Rarity (Legendary)

Grant Invisibility - Yellow 14 AP (This should be her "thing", damage while invisible Current Cost: 23 AP is way too much, if my AP cost seems low maybe make her Invisibility work on her only and not grantable
    The Invisible Woman hides the weakest member of the team. Turn a chosen basic Yellow tile into an Invisibility tile. While it's on the board, the invisible character can't be targeted.
    Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Costs 1 AP less
    Level 3: Costs 1 AP less
    Level 4: Costs 1 AP less
    Level 5: Costs 1 AP less

Force Bubbles - Blue 14 AP
    Susan concentrates deeply, locking one chosen tile plus one for every 10 tiles bearing her symbol.
    Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Reduces tiles required for each additional Force Bubble to 9. Costs 1 AP less
    Level 3: Reduces tiles required for each additional Force Bubble to 8.
    Level 4: Reduces tiles required for each additional Force Bubble to 7. Costs 1 AP less
    Level 5: Reduces tiles required for each additional Force Bubble to 6.

Force Field Crush - Green 12 AP
    Invisible Woman shatters a 3x3 area around 1 random Force Bubble, unlocking but not destroying it. If there are no Force Bubbles on the board, she creates 1 in a random location. This ability ends the turn.
    Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Creates 2 Force Bubbles in none exist.
    Level 3: Targets up to 2 Force Bubbles.
    Level 4: Creates 3 Force Bubbles in none exist.
    Level 5: Targets up to 3 Force Bubbles.
This discussion has been closed.