The Simulator - Dec 30 - Jan 7

Options

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Seems like people aren't playing or unable to clear anything in Sub 2. Casually clearing essentials only is keeping me firmly in T5
  • simonsez wrote:
    ark123 wrote:
    Common complaints
    You forgot my complaint. This isn't a sustainable strategy. It's good for gauntlet, but not for grinding a PvE. With mnmag tanking pink and blue, by the time you get this going, he'll have taken enough damage that he'll probably need a health pack. At best, you'll get 2 battles out of him. When you consider that there are 3 nodes you'd want to be playing this way (not counting the goon node, which should be safe), and you're going to want to hit them at least 3 times each in a final grind, between healing him in a best case scenario, plus the times when you have to heal after retreat, plus the times you're going to have to heal Storm, plus the excellent chance that at some point you're going to have bad luck and wipe out, this is going to eat a lot of health packs.

There ought to be a way to get through these via roster diversity, not health packs.

I'm not sure how you're doing it, but 2 battles is fine by me. I'm not using this combo for easy nodes, and I'm comfortable doing only 4 of the hard nodes - it was enough to give me a 10k lead over second place on hard sim 1.

Right now I'm using mq+mnmags+patch and doing something pretty similar, though my mq is 5/4/3, so she's big enough to get a nice combo going off her blue.

The only reason I say this is that people often only look around their 3* roster for characters to do tough nodes with. Even if you're getting only a couple nodes off cstorm and mnmags, it's good to keep in mind just how powerful the combo can be.
  • Phantron wrote:
    7K Chemical Reaction followed by a 8K Sniper Rifle. Talk about overkill.

****?
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Options
    atomzed wrote:
    Still my favorite event other than Gauntlet. The scaling pricing people out limits the grind and makes the strategy of team composition and node management important.

Agree. Despite not grinding optimally (missimg several refresh) for the hard subs, I still able to RB back to second after 2 full clears.

The Sims is much better for mature rosters.

And because the essential character is patch, it's easier to do full clears without using health packs.

I hope i can keep up with top 50 to get 2 covers.

While I agree this is not the worst event there is, I can't say this is one of my favorites. Mainly because I really don't see the point in running this event with 60 hour subs, after playing these nodes for one day they eventually become just a silly grind to keep your ranking where you want it to be approximately. Maybe it's just me trying to get top 50 in this event that's making it slightly tedious, but I think that if they decided to run this event with 36 hour subs it'd be more enjoyable to play.

On a positive note, the rotating essentials make it a bit more interesting than most 6-7 day PVE's.
  • Ryz-aus
    Ryz-aus Posts: 386
    Options
    ark123 wrote:

I'm not sure how you're doing it, but 2 battles is fine by me. I'm not using this combo for easy nodes, and I'm comfortable doing only 4 of the hard nodes - it was enough to give me a 10k lead over second place on hard sim 1.

Right now I'm using mq+mnmags+patch and doing something pretty similar, though my mq is 5/4/3, so she's big enough to get a nice combo going off her blue.

The only reason I say this is that people often only look around their 3* roster for characters to do tough nodes with. Even if you're getting only a couple nodes off cstorm and mnmags, it's good to keep in mind just how powerful the combo can be.

Not sure if you can pull it off with 4p, but when mystique gets 5p you will be able chain into an endless turn pairing her with mnmags. Occasional health packs for mystique due to match damage she takes building ap, but once you get going this team has even more control than old Cmags did.
  • Ryz-aus wrote:
    ark123 wrote:

Not sure if you can pull it off with 4p, but when mystique gets 5p you will be able chain into an endless turn pairing her with mnmags. Occasional health packs for mystique due to match damage she takes building ap, but once you get going this team has even more control than old Cmags did.

I'd love for this to be true. Absolutely love it. If I could always chain mags purple into mq blue into mags purple. But a lot of times all you get out of it are some weirdly placed black tiles and one purple match.

If you get the two purple matches and zerker rage with team white (mags storm patch) you almost always are done. Seriously, you are. I think I went on to lose maybe a couple times, and I've used this team hundreds of times.
  • Ryz-aus
    Ryz-aus Posts: 386
    Options
    ark123 wrote:

I'd love for this to be true. Absolutely love it. If I could always chain mags purple into mq blue into mags purple. But a lot of times all you get out of it are some weirdly placed black tiles and one purple match.

If you get the two purple matches and zerker rage with team white (mags storm patch) you almost always are done. Seriously, you are. I think I went on to lose maybe a couple times, and I've used this team hundreds of times.

I'm usually at 18 blue before I fire off mystique - in that case you definitely aren't going to end up with weirdly based tiles or only one match.
  • top 20 for the simulator in easy. got the prize which was a gold recruit token and got mnm ****?
  • thanos8587
    Options
    i got 4 tokens (1st in normal, top 50 in hard), all 4 were 2 stars. welcome to the stupid drop rates in mpq. thats why im only playing for the patch progression, everything else is ****.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    thanos8587 wrote:
    i got 4 tokens (1st in normal, top 50 in hard), all 4 were 2 stars. welcome to the stupid drop rates in mpq. thats why im only playing for the patch progression, everything else is ****.

Slice one I finished T5 in both subs, 4 event tokens, 3 gold covers. LCap, Gamora, Mohawk

My season Heroic 10 pack however... 2250 iso
  • Ryz-aus wrote:
    ark123 wrote:

I'm usually at 18 blue before I fire off mystique - in that case you definitely aren't going to end up with weirdly based tiles or only one match.

That's a whole lot of blue. At that point it's slow enough that you could easily get a guy killed before you get it working.
  • squirrel1120
    Options
    @Phantron

I personally wasn't recommending patch/stormneto to beat 395 nodes. I'm not anywhere near that end of the game, so while ark swears by it, I have no frame of reference to speak on it. I am talking to other people in the transition who might have a decently covered patch, and who almost certainly have stomneto.

Secondly, I never said my scaling was high. I've said the nodes looked scary as they sat. I then tried them and found they weren't so bad, especially with the above character combo. Lastly I listed my character levels and node ranges so folks like raisinbman could determine if the strategy would work them.

@ark123
    Thanks for the detailed info on the strategy. My patch isn't 166, so the numbers are a little smaller, but the hp pools I fave should be too so hopefully it works out the same. Probably a little better since he's not as far away from the level of those 2*'s.

When nodes are rated deadly, getting through 2 matches on a health pack is pretty good really, so thanks again for the strat
  • @Phantron

I personally wasn't recommending patch/stormneto to beat 395 nodes. I'm not anywhere near that end of the game, so while ark swears by it, I have no frame of reference to speak on it. I am talking to other people in the transition who might have a decently covered patch, and who almost certainly have stomneto.

Secondly, I never said my scaling was high. I've said the nodes looked scary as they sat. I then tried them and found they weren't so bad, especially with the above character combo. Lastly I listed my character levels and node ranges so folks like raisinbman could determine if the strategy would work them.

@ark123
    Thanks for the detailed info on the strategy. My patch isn't 166, so the numbers are a little smaller, but the hp pools I fave should be too so hopefully it works out the same. Probably a little better since he's not as far away from the level of those 2*'s.

When nodes are rated deadly, getting through 2 matches on a health pack is pretty good really, so thanks again for the strat

If the enemies are below level 300 and don't feature a particularly nasty hero (The Hood, Loki, Juggernaut, Ares, Daken, and probably a few more) or an unfair AP pump, they're not as hard as they look.

Level 395 enemies, on the other hand, are indeed as hard as they look. Ironically most games against 395s turn out to be near flawless victories because usually if it took one more turn then it'd be a flawless victory in the other direction.
  • Phantron wrote:
    @Phantron

@ark123

If the enemies are below level 300 and don't feature a particularly nasty hero (The Hood, Loki, Juggernaut, Ares, Daken, and probably a few more) or an unfair AP pump, they're not as hard as they look.

Level 395 enemies, on the other hand, are indeed as hard as they look. Ironically most games against 395s turn out to be near flawless victories because usually if it took one more turn then it'd be a flawless victory in the other direction.

Huh. I don't find 395's much harder than 300's. After everyone is past 10k health the strategy seems to stay the same to me - don't get hit. If you're hit, you're dead. Find a strategy that loops (which usually involves board shake) and stick to it.
  • So it seems like folks are either out celebrating the American New Year or have just resigned their place in sim. Since I've never seen MPQ players actually take a holiday I'll assume it's the latter.

My Sim-Hard placement hasn't budged for 5-6 hours, and my Sim-Normal placement has only improved. I'll settle for top 50 on this garbagio.

Sim Normal wasn't hard but 2*Mag takes a beating. Sim Hard I didn't even bother finishing except for the 2k Iso, I refuse to fight a 200+ 3*Magneto who can prob 1shot my team, the essentials scaled too much - there's too much bulky characters(Hulk, Rag, Groot, She-Hulk) to use any cheap tricks like Stormneto, and Sentry-bombing takes too long/is too fragile now. Luckily that goon only node is good points and that Falcon node is basically a goon node. I'd do the Elektra essential if I had more refreshes to place better.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    So it seems like folks are either out celebrating the American New Year or have just resigned their place in sim. Since I've never seen MPQ players actually take a holiday I'll assume it's the latter.

My Sim-Hard placement hasn't budged for 5-6 hours, and my Sim-Normal placement has only improved. I'll settle for top 50 on this garbagio.

Sim Normal wasn't hard but 2*Mag takes a beating. Sim Hard I didn't even bother finishing except for the 2k Iso, I refuse to fight a 200+ 3*Magneto who can prob 1shot my team, the essentials scaled too much - there's too much bulky characters(Hulk, Rag, Groot, She-Hulk) to use any cheap tricks like Stormneto, and Sentry-bombing takes too long/is too fragile now. Luckily that goon only node is good points and that Falcon node is basically a goon node. I'd do the Elektra essential if I had more refreshes to place better.
    Yeah about that....have fun with the last pair of subs icon_e_sad.gif
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    So it seems like folks are either out celebrating the American New Year or have just resigned their place in sim. Since I've never seen MPQ players actually take a holiday I'll assume it's the latter.

In 7 hours I've opened a 10k lead in the hard sub (doing my final clears for the night). It literally looks like everyone did one pass and said 'tinykitty this.'

I dunno if it's just because it's the odd slice (#3 6am est/6pm est) but after having heavy competition in the first set, I'm almost 20k up in 3rd now.

Oh, and cStorm. You had a good run. But mMags has a new best friend, and it's 5-blue mystique.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:

Same experience. The placing has been very consistent, with very few changes.

My top 2 has around 100k points, and 3rd is at 80+k. Then me at 5th spot has a 10k lead over the 10th spot.

The lead looks pretty good... I will just take it easy and grind the essentials for the next 3 days. Should be enough to keep me in top 10.

Another positive note is I manage to draw a blue mystique token and red colossus token from sims. Best pulls I made in months.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:

Yeah about that....have fun with the last pair of subs icon_e_sad.gif

For the last sub, I am thinking of pairing sentry with patch and ldaken. That way, I only need to use health packs on sentry.

My sentry has been respec to 535, and my patch is 535. I figured a berserker rage follow by super nova should be able to take on the hard nodes *fingers crossed*
  • fmftint wrote:
    Seems like people aren't playing or unable to clear anything in Sub 2. Casually clearing essentials only is keeping me firmly in T5

I have not done a node in 11 hours in either sub have fallen from 2nd to 6th. Going to see how the rubber band progresses over today but might clear the essentials a few times before the last 12 hours starts trying to do the minimum amount of work to stay top 10.