The Simulator - Dec 30 - Jan 7

Options

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mr Stoat wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    Mr Stoat of Agent Archer, any chance you could take your foot off the gas this last day? I notice that you, unlike me, have Thor fully covered already...

I'm definitely intending to slow it down for you. I noticed a while back you need the vthor cover and i'm not in an alliance where pve is a priority.
    Thank you for doing this. Let me know if I can return the favor.
  • Quebbster wrote:
    Mr Stoat wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    Mr Stoat of Agent Archer, any chance you could take your foot off the gas this last day? I notice that you, unlike me, have Thor fully covered already...

I'm definitely intending to slow it down for you. I noticed a while back you need the vthor cover and i'm not in an alliance where pve is a priority.
    Thank you for doing this. Let me know if I can return the favor.

No worries. I was more than happy to avoid grinding in the hard sub! Glad you got the thor cover you wanted!
  • SymmeTrey
    SymmeTrey Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Did anyone else have the levels in the normal sub completely crash at the end? I don't think I had an essential over about 60th level, and Simulator 01 was down to 15. Only the Gorgon one was over 100.

I have experienced this as well. Almost seems like the Normal Sub has had negative scaling. Makes the Normal Sub a boring grind.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yippee, after going to bed with about 2 hours to go at #3 and a 26k lead over #10, this morning I found I'd finished top 10.

I'd like to know how well I did, but the results aren't there right now. I thought that was supposed to be fixed in R68.
  • With 10 minutes left on my phone account, I am definitely not seeing a nice and easy downshift on my scaling. I'm not at home, so I don't know if my main account will have an easier time. Sad that my beginner account is in the top 20 and my main will be lucky to end in top 200. The price you pay for using Steam instead of a phone, I suppose.
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    Options
    T-12 hours and this thing keeps dragging on and on and on. 24k up on 10th, but everyone keeps pushing. This third Hard sub is atrocious, DP/Psy/OBW has been death incarnate for me and I won't touch it anymore. Ready to throw in the towel.
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It's a wonderful feeling looking at the Story tab screen and NOT seeing the simulator anymore..... icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Ludaa wrote:
    T-12 hours and this thing keeps dragging on and on and on. 24k up on 10th, but everyone keeps pushing. This third Hard sub is atrocious, DP/Psy/OBW has been death incarnate for me and I won't touch it anymore. Ready to throw in the towel.

Same feeling here brother...
  • ZeroKarma wrote:
    This is the most stressful period of playing that i have ever experienced. I'm up 22k on third place with 30 minutes to go and I'm still agitated. This will be the first time that I have finished top 1-2 in any event. If it's like this every time, I have no urge to try again. Regardless of the new character.

I did break the rule people mention about not boosting in PvE. At least, I think that's a rule. I boosted heavily throughout the last essentials, not because I couldn't beat the nodes, but because boosts cost iso8.png and healthpack.png cost spideycoin.png and you can't buy your first blue Lady Thor!

You're not supposed to boost as it'll increase your personal scaling. That being said, once I figured out how cheap non-HP boosts were, I said 'kratuck that' because I like doing turn 3 Wind Storms.

Its lessened the amount of health packs I have to use during a clear/in PVP as well.
  • AxeVirtuoso
    Options
    Was already decided to settle with 70k points but decided to grind the hell out of it today. Managed to get the Wolvie cover and even JUST got into Top150 icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    You're not supposed to boost as it'll increase your personal scaling. That being said, once I figured out how cheap non-HP boosts were, I said 'kratuck that' because I like doing turn 3 Wind Storms.

Its lessened the amount of health packs I have to use during a clear/in PVP as well.
    Not sure this is true anymore. I iso boost constantly and have never noticed major scaling upticks.
  • Vankysher
    Vankysher Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Trisul wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:

Not sure this is true anymore. I iso boost constantly and have never noticed major scaling upticks.
    I've wiped a few times iso-boosting and even trying HP-boosting once (typically don't use 'em so I have plenty) so if personal scaling had kicked in - my horrific losses should've brought them back down.
  • Personal scaling seems to be tied to your points mostly now as opposed to number of victories in the past. There hasn't been the extra scaling modifier for winning fights without taking meaningful damage for a very long time, and even when that was there you're literally talking about 0 damage there which is impossible to do unless your whole team can true heal. There's no additoinal cost for boosting other than that it'll get you more wins than usual and more wins will always correlate with higher scaling (more wins also leads to more points too, if scaling is based on that).
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Moon Roach wrote:
    Yippee, after going to bed with about 2 hours to go at #3 and a 26k lead over #10, this morning I found I'd finished top 10.

I'd like to know how well I did, but the results aren't there right now. I thought that was supposed to be fixed in R68.

Yeah, I wish they would fix that to know if I hit first. Y'know, so I can post it on my office wall. Interesting that the brackets seemed so mild until two days left when it was constant grinding to maintain position. I think engagement at the start may have been low, but it ramped significantly by the end of the tournament, at least once the top 20-30 started to battle.

Overall a good haul. I'm sure that I had a net negative ISO flow out of this due to the large number of boosts I used, but I got 17 out of 18 possible Simulator tokens. 4 star.pngstar.pngstar.png, with icon_captainamerica.png and icon_hood.png being ISO, and getting a much appreciated icon_rocket.png and icon_ms_marvel.png

Now I just need to win 11 more week long PvE's with Lady Thor prizes and I'm set! icon_cry.gif
  • bdksni1
    bdksni1 Posts: 103
    Options
    Just finished another bloodbath, made #3 or #4 overall, my event results still don't appear.
    Another Lesson learned here at the forum: -btw thanks guys-
    Mystique and mnmags can cause serious damage with their purple/blue/black combos. Due to them i was able to place top2 twice on hard subs with enemies 200+ levels above my team
    Phantron wrote:
    Personal scaling seems to be tied to your points...
    I agree as i placed well since the beggining my last hard sub was ridiculously overleveled despite the use of boosts as it was constantly raising my opponents level since the start of the event.
  • Phantron wrote:
    Personal scaling seems to be tied to your points mostly now as opposed to number of victories in the past. There hasn't been the extra scaling modifier for winning fights without taking meaningful damage for a very long time, and even when that was there you're literally talking about 0 damage there which is impossible to do unless your whole team can true heal. There's no additoinal cost for boosting other than that it'll get you more wins than usual and more wins will always correlate with higher scaling (more wins also leads to more points too, if scaling is based on that).

Glad to be wrong about this, then. I read it from some forum guide....I guess it was outdated.
  • i swear those piece of **** 395 hard mode essentials
  • Can anyone see how many points for the #100 alliance?

Thanks.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    papa07 wrote:
    Can anyone see how many points for the #100 alliance?

Thanks.
    Ha, I just came here to ask that too! Can only see up to 115 but we're short 2 guys and wondering if we can make it or not.
  • mohio wrote:
    papa07 wrote:
    Can anyone see how many points for the #100 alliance?

Thanks.
    Ha, I just came here to ask that too! Can only see up to 115 but we're short 2 guys and wondering if we can make it or not.

How many points are you at for 115th? I am trying to get a feel for where 100th sits in relation to the top progression reward for the next event.