The Simulator - Dec 30 - Jan 7

Options

Comments

• Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    3 hours since slice one rotated and still no sub rewards. This may be the longest delay I've experienced

Nearly 6 hours in, and I've got the Hard rewards but not yet the Normal. And as I'm typing this, they turn up.
  • gobstopper wrote:
    mohio wrote:
    gobstopper wrote:
    Wait, let me get this straight. You have 2 more 166s than I do, 1.5x my score in main and 1.5x my score in hard sub, yet your Loki Beast essential is ONLY 230? How are your nodes not all 395? What the tinykitty

270 vs 222 XF accounts for a node level difference of 160+? Unbelievable.
    We're 1 and 2 in our bracket so you can easily check my roster. I have 8 maxed 3* and a 230 xforce. My beast essential is only at 292, so that is quite a difference from 395. I've taken the last several pve pretty easily so maybe that has a little effect as well?
    I played Enemy of the State for a total of 30 minutes. My nodes have been 395 for over a day now. Scaling based on levels alone is just poor design and it shows a basic lack of understanding by the devs tbh.

I'd like to see an explanation as to why level 392 is considered hard while level 395 is considered deadly based on my roster.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Man I should have started doing random clears sooner. Mohio and gobstopper have a good 30k up on the hard mode, I left a ton of rubberbanding on the table
  • Spoit wrote:
    Man I should have started doing random clears sooner. Mohio and gobstopper have a good 30k up on the hard mode, I left a ton of rubberbanding on the table
    How much is it rubberbanding? I might take a day off before playing the final sub
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oh Elektra, with your Double Double Cross just before Speed Shot goes off. Thank you for your kind assistance.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    gobstopper wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    How much is it rubberbanding? I might take a day off before playing the final sub
    My alliance mate xkobaltx who was top 10 at the beginning of the sub but didn't really start it in earnest was reporting around 1200 pts for sim 10, but that was easily 12 or 14 hours ago so it must be more now. I'm also considering a little break to finish up the pvp season and hopefully get to the red Thor in cage match. Don't want to let up too much cause I really want/need blue Thor though.
  • Spoit
    Options
    mohio wrote:
    gobstopper wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    My alliance mate xkobaltx who was top 10 at the beginning of the sub but didn't really start it in earnest was reporting around 1200 pts for sim 10, but that was easily 12 or 14 hours ago so it must be more now. I'm also considering a little break to finish up the pvp season and hopefully get to the red Thor in cage match. Don't want to let up too much cause I really want/need blue Thor though.
    You have a 20k lead on 3rd, unless he grinds optimally I don't think it's mathematically possible for you to lose as long as you do some rbing
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    mohio wrote:
    gobstopper wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    You have a 20k lead on 3rd, unless he grinds optimally I don't think it's mathematically possible for you to lose as long as you do some rbing
    Yeah, I'm hoping a 26K lead on 10th place will be enough if I play once or twice per day. I really need a break.
  • eaise
    eaise Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Why does the Simulator switch who the essential character is? To my knowledge it is the only event that does so. PvE is supposed to take the reward from last PvE and make it essential. Simulator screws this up and has three different essentials.
  • eaise wrote:
    Why does the Simulator switch who the essential character is? To my knowledge it is the only event that does so. PvE is supposed to take the reward from last PvE and make it essential. Simulator screws this up and has three different essentials.

Simple. Base, fundamental rudderless lack of vision or leadership combined with as we see servers made from betty crocker and a development team who likes pitch meetings more than working effectively.

I mean why wouldnt anyone want to grind through annoying match ups for standard recruit tokens, focusing on 3 essential characters trying to anticipate the next game, all with the rewards of low end progression prizes for a character no self respecting nerd ( like me ) ever heard of before comics had an agenda more specifically their masters and tv did?

For me luke cage will be 500 iso rather than spending more of my money on a character who i wont be able to or want to use long term.
  • eaise wrote:

Plenty of events use more than one featured character. They could just do one different hero per node, but at +30 on 3* usually just isn't enough and rotating the +90 buff makes a lot more sense in general.
  • My last refresh I misclicked and didn't take Loki on the 395 cMags/Spidey/Falcon node. Victory 20 minutes later, but I didn't have time to finish the essentials

Don't be a Gamar. If your team is on the ropes and you would need a miracle to beat a node, or if the enemy is bunkered down for the long haul, manage your time, swallow your pride and retreat
  • eaise wrote:

I don't really care that this event switches essential characters.

I mean honestly, why didn't anyone say anything when the Elektra event required MoStorm? That came from nowhere and was 100% unexpected.
  • Spoit
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    eaise wrote:

I mean honestly, why didn't anyone say anything when the Elektra event required MoStorm? That came from nowhere and was 100% unexpected.
    Later subs are worth drastically more points, and unlike other pves, you only get the featured/essential character for the first set of subs.

Also, sentry suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks now
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Now it's my turn to complain about missing rewards -- my shard ended 2-3 hours ago, and I only received rewards for Hard, not Normal (which last I checked I was #1 in!).
  • The recent Simulator have been using the 100%/150%/200% points per round model which means having the right character for the final round can indeed decide it. I think it's a good idea that the character you won from last event is worth the least point so that you get an advantage but to do well in the final round you still need to have a deep roster since the featured heroes selected after the obligatory 'prize from last event' seems to be totally random.
  • Spoit wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    eaise wrote:

Later subs are worth drastically more points, and unlike other pves, you only get the featured/essential character for the first set of subs.

Someone does't have 5 red covers
  • Spoit wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    eaise wrote:

Then everyone will suck so it'll correct itself like the last Juggernaut: Heroic *kappa*
    Now it's my turn to complain about missing rewards -- my shard ended 2-3 hours ago, and I only received rewards for Hard, not Normal (which last I checked I was #1 in!).

Talk to customer service
  • Now it's my turn to complain about missing rewards -- my shard ended 2-3 hours ago, and I only received rewards for Hard, not Normal (which last I checked I was #1 in!).

i was in an early shard and my normal didnt show for something like 8 hours, so dont panic it now seems a systematic fault but it did come.
  • squirrel1120
    Options
    Eh, at least my version of sentry can take a hit, unlike my version of Mystique. Although he still feels like an albatross around the neck of the pair that get stuck with him, at least he'll make it through all 3 of his required nodes without a healthpack inbetween, which is more than I could say for her. I can't wait until this seaon and pve event are done.