This is a good jump off point for me (not due to Rags)

Options

Comments

• Man I forgot how good puzzle quest 1 is. The combos in that game...
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dauthi wrote:
    If they wanted you to buy health packs they wouldn't have characters like Spidey, who offer healing and/or support. I almost never use a health pack because of this. What is the cost? A lot of ap gathering and strategy which is time consuming. That is the problem with having characters that can deal out enough damage that you don't get touched, it makes playing with support/healers pointless. If you want to slam through other teams fast, it will cost you health packs. If you want to do it without getting hurt as much, you will have to do some strategy and use support characters.
    Yeah, uh...
    Dauthi wrote:
    They just gave us a list of characters who are going to get retooled
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    Dauthi wrote:
    If they wanted you to buy health packs they wouldn't have characters like Spidey, who offer healing and/or support. I almost never use a health pack because of this. What is the cost? A lot of ap gathering and strategy which is time consuming. That is the problem with having characters that can deal out enough damage that you don't get touched, it makes playing with support/healers pointless. If you want to slam through other teams fast, it will cost you health packs. If you want to do it without getting hurt as much, you will have to do some strategy and use support characters.
    Yeah, uh...
    Dauthi wrote:
    They just gave us a list of characters who are going to get retooled

You are assuming they will nerf healing? Yeah, that is what makes spidey strong! Not the stun lock!
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    Man I forgot how good puzzle quest 1 is. The combos in that game...

Are you saying that there was no strategy in puzzle quest 1? What are you getting at?
  • Are you saying that there was no strategy in puzzle quest 1? What are you getting at?
    I can't tell if this was sarcasm, but was there any other strategy besides first turn win with Berserker Rage and some legendary item to give you +x mana whenever you matched 4 or 5 skulls? I never did PVP in the original PQ but that was the easiest I-Win button ever.
  • No sarcasm. Turning all greens into reds then turning all reds into skulls then destroying all yellows and blues to cause massive cascades. Wish mpq had setups that advanced.
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    DDD why are you still here besides to complain about MPQ. We get it you gave up. Now just go away.
  • DDD why are you still here besides to complain about MPQ. We get it you gave up. Now just go away.
    Dude, he's already answered this - it's so we can talk about the original PQ. icon_e_biggrin.gif

I liked some of what Galactrix tried to do, but the actual game sucked. Beyond it's insane bugginess, there was little evolved strategy. But they came close. I really wanted to like that game.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    DDD why are you still here besides to complain about MPQ. We get it you gave up. Now just go away.
    Calm please. Whether Dugan is an active player or not has no bearing over whether or not any player is able to be a part of the community for however long they want to be.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Riggy wrote:
    Are you saying that there was no strategy in puzzle quest 1? What are you getting at?
    I can't tell if this was sarcasm, but was there any other strategy besides first turn win with Berserker Rage and some legendary item to give you +x mana whenever you matched 4 or 5 skulls? I never did PVP in the original PQ but that was the easiest I-Win button ever.
    Yeah, there was a druid infinite loop combo too
  • DD-The-Mighty
    DD-The-Mighty Posts: 350 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Dunno if this is the place for this but feel like getting it off my chest. I apologies in advance for any butt-hurt it may induce.

Got 2 R Moonstones sitting in my que. finally got new spots so i throw her in.
    had a simple plan of placing in a certain spot at the end of the hulk event to get all the Moonstone covers
    babysat that **** all night.
    tried to sure up my score after the usual **** attacking spree while i slept.
    conclusion: I ended up ranking up too high on the tourney board and got a single Punisher cover.

Now it starts to hit me: There is no reasonable predictable way for me to get the cover i actually want now. Now im stuck with a useless 3* that's taking up space and is gonna be a tossup to find covers to level it without grinding my **** off. On top of all that, the one frickin character i actually want to work on i cant. my choices are spend more money on 200Hp pack s and cross my fingers (which almost everyone who has played this game has said, don't do) sit around grinding through tourneys to get free coins. I'm getting sick of having to jump through hoops just to get some decent simple progression. All because they want to pad out the progression to cover for the fact that there's not enough content to allow for decent leveling.
    and before the hardcore lifers get on my case this should bug you too as you spent all that time and or money prepping to play one game then 2 updates later its another game.

I'm not going to claim I'm through with the game entirely. But too many times the frustration seems to outweighs the fun, so i can understand anyone who would like to just quit. and i think that's bad for those that leave and those that remain.
  • DDD, that doesn't work on the PC version of Puzzle Quest 1.

Seriously, if you had played PC version, you would know those petty tricks were removed.

So what do the best players do?

Use a knight. Build full HP. Give him return damage equipment. Now AFK. Profit.

Lol.

And you still haven't replied my message. -_-'
  • Riggy wrote:

I liked some of what Galactrix tried to do, but the actual game sucked. Beyond it's insane bugginess, there was little evolved strategy. But they came close. I really wanted to like that game.

Yeah, Galactrix never really came together. There weren't enough modifiers to what you could do in combat; none of the abilities ever really felt like they mattered. You didn't have the insane range of add-ons (mounts, enemy skills, crafted equipment) to change your ability set. I built the death star that you got plans for at the end of the game, but never really felt that accomplishment was meaningful.

PQ1 Berserker Rage was pretty nuts. My memory is of feeling guiltier about playing the paladin, though. The ability to turn selected colors into purple and to eat all the purple got ridiculous, and the fact that I picked up relatively frequent Heroic Efforts made me feel a little self-conscious.

The competitive/ftp nature of MPQ really seems to be constraining what is permissible. Anything too strong will imbalance the play environment.
  • @Moon17

You need to remember, the PC version of PQ1 don't have those things.

The PC version nerfed a lot of things. Warrior was no longer OP. Knight became the most viable option.
  • Im still here hoping for some announcement that will draw me back. IW buff and patch wolv arent it. Patch wolv green is cool but man that passive healing is too much.
  • But but...its wolvie in a TUX! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Did it really get nerfed? i got PQ1 and Galactrix for 99c on steam just recently.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    Im still here hoping for some announcement that will draw me back. IW buff and patch wolv arent it. Patch wolv green is cool but man that passive healing is too much.
    Dum Dum Dugan equipable dlc bowlers?
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    Im still here hoping for some announcement that will draw me back. IW buff and patch wolv arent it. Patch wolv green is cool but man that passive healing is too much.

handlebar dlc
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:

handlebar dlc

Not gonna happen. Hulk stache is too op.
  • **** ddd still not replying to me....