Prodigal Sun: Dec. 15 - Dec. 22

Options

Comments

• looks like i ll be skipping this event as well
    Dont have loki or any of the other heroes that are given as reward.
    Dont have hero slots either for them, so even if i play, all i get will be sold for ISO
    great job.....
    see you next month for next event.

Or, alternately, play and aim for any HP awards you can get. Use HP to expand roster, Iso earned to level up. It's a journey.
  • I really hope Elektra gets to be earned in another way as well cause if she's the essential for the next event then might as well lose that too... All of this cause I sold my Loki before the updated version came out..! icon_mad.gif
  • It looks like they fixed the scaling. Someone must have gotten a stern talking to.
  • Yeah scaling has been corrected for me as well, no more lvl 5-9 goons.
  • The gatekeeper node shows off the power of a high level loki by... Putting you in an all goon battle with goons that don't make match4s, strike, or protect tiles

But at least progression rewards give you his great new... Purple

Never change, d3p
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Koko81 wrote:
    I really hope Elektra gets to be earned in another way as well cause if she's the essential for the next event then might as well lose that too... All of this cause I sold my Loki before the updated version came out..! icon_mad.gif

I had sold my Loki a long time ago to make room for a new character as well, and now after 1 clear my nodes are at level 140 for goons. It is never good when I start the event within 5 min of the event start time for my slice and goons are already level normal. Community scaling has kicked in from all the people who entered the earlier time slices. Let the grinding continue!!! Thanks D3
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    gamar wrote:
    The gatekeeper node shows off the power of a high level loki by... Putting you in an all goon battle with goons that don't make match4s, strike, or protect tiles

Never change, d3p
    Remember when they showcased Daredevil and his traps by pitting him against goons in Heroic mode?
    At least purple works against goons too...
  • gamar wrote:
    The gatekeeper node shows off the power of a high level loki by... Putting you in an all goon battle with goons that don't make match4s, strike, or protect tiles

Never change, d3p

I enjoyed the great team of loki, baby daken and bullseye in the opening node, against goons that don't make strike tiles. It really showcases...nothing.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So there's a bug in an event, in this case scaling, not fixed until Monday morning in the One True Time Zone when someone reads the forum or a bug report.

I really hope there's no bug in an event that starts just before the looong Christmas break...
  • ark123 wrote:
    gamar wrote:

Never change, d3p

I enjoyed the great team of loki, baby daken and bullseye in the opening node, against goons that don't make strike tiles. It really showcases...nothing.

That was the most tedious fight since before the Spider-Nerf, when I used to lose my hitters, and Spidey had to finish the battle.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,262 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ark123 wrote:

That fight took so damn long, barely any skills that do damage... zZzZzZzZz
  • Zumdahl
    Options
    For me that first fight was interesting, as I spammed Loki's purple for repeated matches and cascades. Yes, didn't get to retaliate a match 4 but didn't matter.
  • Why did they turn scaling back on, sigh......

Also, something else I thought of: if I actually get Elektra, I won't get Daredevil, and vice versa.

Meaning next even I'm damned if I do b/c both will be essential, lol.....
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just chiming in from slice 2 to confirm scaling is back with a vengeance here, too.

I remember scaling got HORRIBLE by the end of the event last time it ran.
  • sc0ville
    sc0ville Posts: 115 Tile Toppler
    Options
    mine are in the high 150s after my 2nd pass, I could see this getting ugly.
  • ark123 wrote:
    gamar wrote:

Never change, d3p

and you are forced to match green tiles like an idiot just for Daken so you can have some semblance of damage dealing ability.
  • Just out of curiosity, would you guys think it would be possible to finish top 50 for Elektra without Loki?

I know the grind would be real but I'd love to take your opinions on it... I don't wanna be grinding like a mad man only to finish outside the top 50 at the end...
  • loroku
    Options
    Koko81 wrote:
    Just out of curiosity, would you guys think it would be possible to finish top 50 for Elektra without Loki?

I know the grind would be real but I'd love to take your opinions on it... I don't wanna be grinding like a mad man only to finish outside the top 50 at the end...
    Not a chance.

The grind on this one will be horrendous since it's 7 freaking days long, but that makes the essential nodes even more important because they are lower level and give more points. Because scaling will be so awful, that means people will eventually have to give up on all the worst nodes, which means fewer total nodes you can do, as well. The essential nodes are pretty much as the name implies.
  • loroku
    Options
    unimatrix wrote:
    those people in top 100 places must be laughing their bums now.. I should've entered earlier.. but you know.. real life gets in the way. icon_rolleyes.gif
    One extra refresh on a 7 day event means absolutely nothing.

This even is a marathon, not a sprint. It will be won by those who are willing to sleep the least and click the most. A few extra seconds at the start doesn't mean anything when people are getting fatigued 5 days in.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Koko81 wrote:
    Just out of curiosity, would you guys think it would be possible to finish top 50 for Elektra without Loki?

No. Not a chance in heck. Not when it's a new 4* to play for and lots of people already have Loki. You just miss out on too many points per clear.

100k for Loki is a stretch. But if you do manage to get that, you might then have a snowball's chance in heck of nearly getting there.

edit: it's 100k for Loki, so even less chance...