Prodigal Sun: Dec. 15 - Dec. 22

Options

Comments

• lokiagentofhotness
    lokiagentofhotness Posts: 192 Tile Toppler
    Options
    so i guess d3 just really enjoyed the hell they put people through for the thor 4* covers?
  • fmftint wrote:
    Couple things I noticed
    1: all nodes trivial
    2: node reset time, 3 hours
    You mean refresh time? if so then I like that.
  • MikeyMan wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    Couple things I noticed
    1: all nodes trivial
    2: node reset time, 3 hours
    You mean refresh time? if so then I like that.

He does, yeah.
    By the way guys all the nodes in shard 1 are trivial, seems like it's broken like last pve, which means whoever grinds every 3 hours wins.
  • Pros: good powered up chars

Cons: Ughhh holiday grind ughhhh 4*Character grind. When are we even going to be able to get Elecktra? Didn't you just release 4*Thor? The 4* prize pool is going to be diluted as hell....not that I'm ever gonna get any 4* characters actually built outside of tokens
  • squirrel1120
    Options
    Nodes with no challenge at all... everything has to be mind numbingly easy, or throw-your-phone-at-a-wall hard with this company.

We've asked the devs what they were doing to combat character pool bloat so many times that I've lost track, and the answer they came up with was to start releasing characters much faster than an average player could keep up with saving them to their rosters.
    I pity anyone that started on this game any later than I did.

I don't want to skip 90% of this event just on the off chance of snagging the new 4* covers with no effort, so I joined right away knowing it'll mean missing out on obtaining the release. Progression rewards, iso and hopefully a DD cover, but I won't stress over the latter.
  • Nodes with no challenge at all... everything has to be mind numbingly easy, or throw-your-phone-at-a-wall hard with this company.

We've asked the devs what they were doing to combat character pool bloat so many times that I've lost track, and the answer they came up with was to start releasing characters much faster than an average player could keep up with saving them to their rosters.

I don't want to skip 90% of this event just on the off chance of snagging the new 4* covers with no effort, so I joined right away knowing it'll mean missing out on obtaining the release. Progression rewards, iso and hopefully a DD cover, but I won't stress over the latter.

There's no chance this is intentional. Time sharding is clearly interfering with scaling.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Trivial indeed, I'm seeing level 9 goons in the first node. And that's for both accounts, so there's no scaling based on roster. So far, anyway.

Edit:

Level 5 goons in Maggia Assault II. 5! Bonus points to anyone who loses in this one.
    Level 7 goons in Maggia Assault III.
    Level 6 goons in Maggia Assault IV.

Level 9 goons, 40 Sentry in The Arrival.
    Level 40 goons in Uneasy Alliance.

Level 5 goons, 40 Punisher in Hail of Bullets.
    Level 7 goons, 40 Punisher in Crossfire.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ark123 wrote:
    Nodes with no challenge at all... everything has to be mind numbingly easy, or throw-your-phone-at-a-wall hard with this company.

There's no chance this is intentional. Time sharding is clearly interfering with scaling.
    Perhaps after the mixed scaling issues in the Iso-8 event they've turned off community scaling.
    We won't know til all slices are active

At least with 36 hour subs the sprinters won't have an edge. This one's definitely a marathon
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Why do we get to pick our end times when we're still screwed on half the subs?

FFS rework your PVEs so that the subs run for 24 or 48 hours, not 12 or 36.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Why do we get to pick our end times when we're still screwed on half the subs?

FFS rework your PVEs so that the subs run for 24 or 48 hours, not 12 or 36.

So many thumbs up to this!!!

Seriously I can't play at work, and this forces endtimes to smack in the middle of my work day, usually an hour or less before I can take lunch.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Can anyone share Elektras abilities? I dont want to start the pve yet.. Thanks
  • djvkool
    Options
    Can't believe my luck, picked up 5x standard tokens in my first sweep, and picked up purple DD with one of the token.
  • djvkool wrote:
    Can't believe my luck, picked up 5x standard tokens in my first sweep, and picked up purple DD with one of the token.
    If this was before the recent change to Daredevil, I would laugh at your concept of luck icon_e_wink.gif
  • It'd make far more sense if sharding accidentally turned off community scaling just like what happened in Iso 8 Brotherhood compared to any intentional plan to make nodes completely faceroll.

3 hours refresh time is a start. Over a period of 12 hours, that's one less cycle to play.
  • I gotta say I love the buffed heroes this PVE. Ares/Daken are a combo made in heaven and putting OBW there as a third is just so much fun to play with in PVE. Daken tanks all OBW's colors and he makes sure that neither her or him need a health pack. The only guy needing a health pack is ares but if you play it right with OBW's heal you can keep him from losing HP even by using Sunder.

I'm loving this PVE already.
  • RemoDestroyer
    RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I think it's actually nice only the top 50 get Elektra rewards and the 100 after that get Daredevil. I just got the week off from pve.

After grinding both Meet Rocket and Groot events for first 1 Thor cover and then 1Gamora cover because I was late for the last 2 refreshes I will let someone else have the Elektra cover. You're welcome.
  • 36 hour subs, hahaha. Yeah, good one. How long are they really?
  • Anyone in second shard can say if scaling is borked too?
  • Moon Roach wrote:
    Trivial indeed, I'm seeing level 9 goons in the first node. And that's for both accounts, so there's no scaling based on roster. So far, anyway.

Edit:

Level 5 goons in Maggia Assault II. 5! Bonus points to anyone who loses in this one.

I am sure I can with a team of lvl 1 but since they maxed covered they have to not fire off any skills.
  • Unknown
    edited December 2014
    Options
    1. I'm happy with 3 hour node refreshes. This is a move in the right direction. 4 hours refresh would be even better (allowing for several REM sleep cycles overnight) since the competitive types are going to grind this 24 hours x 7 days.

2. I'm pleased this character release is not a heroic.

3. I'm also pleased the node difficulty started out really low. The Rocket & Groot PVE was painful on the first sub with Hood+goons in that I wasn't even able to clear the nodes a single time to enjoy the storyline. Also, in other PVE events, I've noticed that if a sub starts during the night or work hours and you can't start the sub until maybe 8-16 hours after it starts, the community scaling makes the nodes so difficult by the time you are able to start that you can't even clear them once. The result is that players in time zones that allow them to start the PVE sub right away are favored over those in other time zones. So, subs that at least start off easy like this one apparently is, are nice in my opinion.

4. I'm also pleased that the difficulty is low on these nodes because the buffed 3*'s -- Doc Ock and Loki, especially, are characters that some of us (myself included) haven't had an opportunity to cover well. My Loki is 1/1/1 after 165 days of play, and Dock Ock is 3/1/2. It's not that I neglected these characters -- it's that Loki hasn't been in the PVP rotation for quite some time, as has Daredevil. In this same time frame I've managed to gather over 20 Lazy Cap covers. Buffing Ares was a good choice as it provides some meat to team with these utility characters.

5. I'm pleased this event has multiple subs. Subs keep players engaged with mid-term goals to complete and awards to look forward to.

6. One downside is the narrowing of the reward tiers. Top 20 for 2 covers in previous events was pretty narrow in my opinion, but debatable. Narrowing that to top10 makes it remarkably tight -- which I presume is the intent. I placed top10 in Blade, and Groot PVEs, but I can say I'm not even going to shoot for top10 in this event due to it's 7 day length. In the past, I'd still have the option to fall back just a bit to attempt top20, which kept me engaged. Now it's top50, leaving it as more of an "all in" or "I'm out" type decision.

7. The upside and partial consolation to this is the nice 3* covers for top150.

EDIT: Comments 3 and 4 no longer no longer stand. The easy node difficulty in the PVE appears to have been a fortuitous mistake. We're now back to our regularly scheduled masochism.