Season VIII Ending Discrepancy (**Updated)

Options
12346»

Comments

• xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]**UPDATE (12/12/14)

Compensation has begun going out to players today.

In addition to the above mentioned, we will be extending the same tiered rewards to ALL players who qualify and participated in the Eight Is Enough Versus Event, not just those in the final time shard. This is for players that could have used the extra hours in S.H.I.E.L.D. Training to get more Season rewards. We are looking at Doc Ock Versus Event participants to decide whom to provide compensation to because we believe if you were active in that Event, you were likely active in the last three hours of the Season and were thus affected.

*Please allow up to 48 hours from today to receive your in-game compensation.

For the very small subset of players who did not participate in the Eight Is Enough Event, but may have been participating in S.H.I.E.L.D. Training during the final hours of Season VIII, please open a ticket with Customer Service if you feel compensation is due and we will investigate on a case-by-case basis. Thank you!
    Any explanation on the extra Mystique cover that some have received?
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mags1587 wrote:
    Interesting. I wasn't expecting to get anything, since I was in the second slice and had gotten all progression rewards from season and the Simulator, but I logged in and got 1000 ISO and 100 HP. No extra Mystique cover, though. A nice surprise.

This was me as well.
    I'd rather have had the 10-cover token though 83
  • Wow! Mystique covers?! I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that I have one coming and it just hasn't hit yet.
  • san
    san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    IronGrrrl wrote:
    I got the 100 HP and 1000 ISO - thanks for that icon_e_smile.gif Also got Thor for my alliance. Other alliance members have reported they also got a black Mystique cover on top of those rewards; so now I am naturally wondering why I didn't get one... Does anyone know what Mystique was for?

same boat as you. no idea.
  • I got the 1000 ISO the 100 HP, and the Mystique cover. Was in slice 3, and asleep through the three hour difference, but I'm not going to turn down a free cover.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options
    xKOBALTx wrote:

Word from the developers is: "We also sent Mystique Black covers for everyone within 1K points of her in S.H.I.E.L.D. Training."
  • xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    xKOBALTx wrote:

Word from the developers is: "We also sent Mystique Black covers for everyone within 1K points of her in S.H.I.E.L.D. Training."
    That was a pretty generous decision. Many thanks for the cover and the response.
  • GTannen73
    GTannen73 Posts: 145 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I got my 1000 iso8.png and 100 spideycoin.png today. I was nowhere near the top season progression award - around 6700, iirc - but I'm certainly not going to complain. Thanks much.
  • Lystrata
    Lystrata Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    xKOBALTx wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    xKOBALTx wrote:

That was a pretty generous decision. Many thanks for the cover and the response.

Seconded. Really impressed with how this was dealt with. +1 to you guys for this.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Compensation for this issue was very fair and went beyond what I was expecting. I applaud the devs for this.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    xKOBALTx wrote:

Well darn it, I'd have put more effort into it had I only known XD

Thanks to you guys for not only compensating us before anyone could even think of slamming their keyboard in frustration and creating a hate topic, but also compensating quickly and above anything I'd have expected, since I gained all the rewards.
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Options
    For people who do not remember, the Black Mystique cover was the reward for getting 2400 in the SHIELD simulator. I was going to make my push to 2400 in the final few hours and was around 2000, when the 3 hours went poof. I was happily surprised when I got my Mystique cover.
    For reference, if you look at this season reward in the simulator you will see the reward is a green Gamora at 2400.
    I hope that helps.

MPQ thank you for the Mystique reward. I am still not happy about the described change to shields.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Holy Dooley, I got an extra black cover for Mystique which helped me cover max mine to 3/5/5 since I already earned the one in the previous season's Training simulator. I guess devs didn't or wouldn't account for players that achieved the progression already but didn't shield out, and gave the cover to everyone within 1000 points of 2400 anyway. That was a really nice gesture any way you look at it, since most people that are forced to stay at 1400 points have no realistic shot at the top progression even with excessive shielding, and now even they got a shiny useful cover.
  • So I have not gotten any compensation yet and I have participated in Eight is Not Enough PVP and had 5025 season points and 825 only in simulator. Are the rewards not completely out yet?
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Okin107 wrote:
    So I have not gotten any compensation yet and I have participated in Eight is Not Enough PVP and had 5025 season points and 825 only in simulator. Are the rewards not completely out yet?

I'm fairly certain they are. I'm not sure you were within a threshold to receive the compensation handed out here, but just to make sure, I would send a support ticket in.

I know I didn't get anything because my season score and my sim score were too low.
  • I was grinding for 2400 progression mystique when the season ended

Very happy to get the myst cover as compensation. U guys did the right thing
  • Okin107 wrote:
    So I have not gotten any compensation yet and I have participated in Eight is Not Enough PVP and had 5025 season points and 825 only in simulator. Are the rewards not completely out yet?

I'm fairly certain they are. I'm not sure you were within a threshold to receive the compensation handed out here, but just to make sure, I would send a support ticket in.

I know I didn't get anything because my season score and my sim score were too low.

I'm pretty sure I am within the 4k+ threshold. Anyway I did send in a ticket. Hopefully I get an answer soon icon_e_smile.gif
  • Yeah, credit where it's due. I still can't believe that the end of a month-long event screwed up, baffles me how that happens outside of maybe the first season. But compensation seems fair (especially the Mystique cover. I was nowhere near it but that was a nice touch) and was handed out pretty quickly.