Season VIII Ending Discrepancy (**Updated)

Comments

• David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    *UPDATE (12/10/14)

The original post has been updated with the first round of compensation information.
  • Will this affect people who have changed alliances since the season ended?
  • #nojustice
  • corrupti0N wrote:
    Will this affect people who have changed alliances since the season ended?

I was about to ask the same question .. I was a part of alliance which ranked 115 by the end of season and I left the alliance to join my old one.. so will I still be eligible for the reward ?
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    I was above 4k but would much rather have a heroic 10 pk than 1k ISO and 100 HP.

Especially since at worst a 10 pk is 2500 ISO.

EDIT: Had to stop and think about this one. I feel dumb now >_>
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Basically, they're awarding the next progression level to those in the 'important' tiers (free 3* cover, free 10-pack), and awarding the top progression prizes to those above that. That's a pretty fair assessment of the impact for that slice, IMO.
  • This is a good start, but don't forget about the people that didn't get the mystique cover in the simulator because you ended it earlier than advertised.

Anyone say within 300 points should get the cover. (I was about 100 points away)
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Did the people in slice 5 not have any of their points count towards seasons, or did they just lose that last 3 hours worth of scores?
  • Spoit wrote:
    Did the people in slice 5 not have any of their points count towards seasons, or did they just lose that last 3 hours worth of scores?

I believe they lost the last 3 hours of scoring only.
  • DubbaHuss
    DubbaHuss Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    Specifically chose the first time shard so I could spend the rest of the day working on training. I too was getting close to gaining a mystique cover and a top 25 finish for the season. Just noting my dissatisfaction that none of these fixes address these issues.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    I was in Slice 5. We were awarded for our placement when the season ended. We could still score points in Eight is Enough and the Seasons standings would update but we couldn't win any "additional" Season rewards.
  • I think it is an incorrect assessment to assume only those who chose the last event shard for the last PvP event are affected. Everyone is affected. The shield simulator stopped running 3 hours earlier than it was supposed to. Many people I know were climbing for the mystique black cover progression reward at 2400 pts. They basically wasted their hp climbing and shielding only to have the shield simulator end before reaching 2400 pts.

ummm.... he said they're still working on everyone else and would let us know soon.
  • Unknown
    edited December 2014
    im guessing that people with the more points will get all the rewards from previous ranks, a heroic 10pack is significantly better than 1k iso and 100 hp

edit:oops my bad
  • mouser
    mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    Pjoe0211 wrote:
    im guessing that people with the more points will get all the rewards from previous ranks, a heroic 10pack is significantly better than 1k iso and 100 hp

Nope, nor should they. The players with 4k season points already got a 10pack from the season progression rewards.

This "partial" compensation effectively boosts players in PVP shard 5 up to the next highest tier of season rewards. I think it's a very well thought out response by D3 to addresss how shard 5 players could have had their season progression rewards borked by the early finish. Kudos to D3 on this decision.

It's not a complete solution to the early season ending problem, nor does D3 represent it as such. I look forward to the next D3 update.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Basically, they're awarding the next progression level to those in the 'important' tiers (free 3* cover, free 10-pack), and awarding the top progression prizes to those above that. That's a pretty fair assessment of the impact for that slice, IMO.

This, but I feel the Shield Sim stuff is worth looking at too.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    The only real solution is to run the Season all over again.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mawtful wrote:
    The only real solution is to run the Season all over again.
    Worked for season...2?
  • MajinDavid
    MajinDavid Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Well dang. We were 138 with 1 person missing. Was sending out invites to help anyone that was ok with top 200 for a season end and it cut out, now thors going to top 135. Lol. Oh well. That is life
  • I don't remember which time slice I chose... Anyway, very nice and fair rewards. I feel like Christmas is here early. For selfish reasons, I'd like those rewards to be given to all the time slices because with my points I am eligible for a 10-pack icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Appreciate the feedback. Will await the full set of compensation rules to come out before commenting on it.