Season VIII Ending Discrepancy (**Updated)

Options

Comments

• Xiltyn
    Xiltyn Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options
    I was grinding for 2400 progression mystique when the season ended
    As was I, put up a shield at 2253 points skipped to find matches totalling about 180 points. Was about to break my shield for the final push and... boom, event disappears. Frustrating to say the least. I know a few others in my alliance were doing the same thing. Some specifically joined shard 4 of Eight is Enough to give themselves the final 3 hours to grind simulator. As others have said, a lot can happen in 3 hours. So how do you decide who was affected and what's fair compensation? I know I would have hit 2400 for those last 2 covers, 3 hours for 150 points is easy. That would be 2x star.pngstar.pngstar.png covers, so a token that most likely will be another star.pngstar.png would feel like a slap in the face.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    If you have a strong roster and do like the SHIELD Sim progression, but don't care too much for the season placement like me (anything in t25 is good enough for me, since t5 is for crazier people and t10 is absolutely identical to t25 except a smallish ego stroke and some tiny HP/ISO), you can try and get the 2400 progression earlier than on the last day of the season and use no shields whatsoever. It's not exactly pleasant to keep being attacked after that, my only first world Season problem was that I didn't have time to retaliate to the last bunch of Shield Sim attackers, but you free up the last day for any concurrent PvE/PvP or just have a nice break from MPQ.

Of course, the SNAFU is still quite non-negligible and I hope everyone that missed their chance thanks to it can have nice token pulls instead.

Any reimbursement beyond a single Heroic token would be a pleasant surprise, but please do not expect specific covers, especially 3* or 4* covers. And no one needs needs a 1*-2* cover anyway.
  • I skipped the whole thread to give my thank you to the devs for this announcement unaffected from the negativity that I might bump into. While you mention there might be a compensation, you make me feel that you actually feel bad about the bug and that you are working on it and that's what really counts here. I'm just glad the game is going towards a better future. Keep fighting the good fight!
  • "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hello everyone,

We wanted to acknowledge that there was an issue with Season VIII ending three hours earlier than planned. Please accept our apologies for the error.

The players primarily affected by the early ending were those that had chosen the final Event end time of the Season. The bug stemmed from the new selectable Event end times feature. While we were aware of the issues that could arise and believed we had adjusted accordingly – we did not have all of the needed fixes in place and the error occurred.

We are currently digging into the data and working out the who/what/where of how we can compensate anyone who was affected by the bug. At this time, there is no need to open a ticket with Customer Service. We are aware of the issue and working on correcting it. We will update here in the forums regarding any compensation or further info.

Thank you for your patience as we continue to investigate a huge amount of data to see how we can best proceed fairly.
    Remember that whole "Operation PayHarder" thing? This is exactly what we were talking about. You instituted an untested, obviously flawed system mid-season, nay, mid-EVENT. I am pleased that you are taking time between seasons to sort this out. Several of us would have prefered that you had done that already(worked on this between seasons).

I appreciate the enormous amount of time and effort involved and thank you for a very fun game and your dedication to try to please everyone. Please remember, however, a wise man once said, "if everyone likes you, someone is lying."
    Best of luck, sir.
  • I wasn't really affected by this issue, but I understand the frustration. Glad to see you're taking steps to fix this and prevent it from happening again. Thanks!
  • emaker27
    emaker27 Posts: 285 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]The players primarily affected by the early ending were those that had chosen the final Event end time of the Season.
    I think it is an incorrect assessment to assume only those who chose the last event shard for the last PvP event are affected. Everyone is affected.

It's dangerous to make a case for D3P here... but I'll risk it. Hi-Fi says 'primarily' and not 'only'. There are many thousands of alliances, so even if you expand the players affected to alliances with members in the last shard, the rewards impact is only felt near the top and bottom of the rank groupings. So very conservatively maybe 1,000 out of 40,000 alliances (or 2.5%) were affected, taking into account the Shield Simulator. While a case could be made that 100% of players in the last shard were affected.

Yes, it sucks when you and everyone else you know are affected while in the minority, but it's still the minority.
  • Katai
    Katai Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    But you're also forgetting the end-of-season shuffle that happens when alliances start swapping players in and out to qualify for the final scores. People move up or down 40-50 places easily by swapping players or taking mercenaries. The range of influence on those final 3 hours can be pretty big.
  • locked wrote:
    Any reimbursement beyond a single Heroic token would be a pleasant surprise, but please do not expect specific covers, especially 3* or 4* covers.

Why do you think that? A non-neglible amount of people actually got their 2300 and 2400 progression taken away.
    Imagine this, there is a PvP for a new character. you choose the last slice. But then the event disappears before your slice. Would you write a furious letter to customer support that you were a guaranteed Top25 or would you be happy with 2 Heroic Tokens?

I was missing 1400 Points for the Mystique cover. Should I get nothing? What if I would have reached 2400 if the event had continued?
  • This is also an issue in that many people like to climb late to avoid wasting hp on shields when it's not necessary. To remedy these errors are we supposed to now start really early and shield a long time? I don't think so

When a developer error causes problems for the players, it is always better to over do it than under do it with the compensation. - Rewarding everyone who was below 2400 the progression covers is harder a game breaking resolution. And perhaps with season awards, extending the rewards down a tier could be a possible solution
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    LoreNYC wrote:
    This is also an issue in that many people like to climb late to avoid wasting hp on shields when it's not necessary. To remedy these errors are we supposed to now start really early and shield a long time? I don't think so

When a developer error causes problems for the players, it is always better to over do it than under do it with the compensation. - Rewarding everyone who was below 2400 the progression covers is harder a game breaking resolution. And perhaps with season awards, extending the rewards down a tier could be a possible solution

I think people would be happy with 1 blue ladythor, 1 yellow mohawk, and 1 black mystique cover as compensation.
  • cg2912
    cg2912 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options
    LoreNYC wrote:
    This is also an issue in that many people like to climb late to avoid wasting hp on shields when it's not necessary. To remedy these errors are we supposed to now start really early and shield a long time? I don't think so

I think people would be happy with 1 blue ladythor, 1 yellow mohawk, and 1 black mystique cover as compensation.

I'd rather have a black xforce than any color mohawk...
  • I missed out on getting one more heroic token than I ended up with. That single heroic token could have contained any possible character, therefore I am owed 1 of every cover to cover all possibilities. GET ON IT GUYTH!
  • "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    The players primarily affected by the early ending were those that had chosen the final Event end time of the Season.

We are currently digging into the data and working out the who/what/where of how we can compensate anyone who was affected by the bug.
    I can save you some time. I would say that everyone was affected, since everyone did not have access to play in the Shield Simulator for the entire duration of the season. Giving out compensation to a selected amount of players will upset everyone else.

Thanks for giving us a heads up on the current status of this issue.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    PPPlaya wrote:
    locked wrote:
    Any reimbursement beyond a single Heroic token would be a pleasant surprise, but please do not expect specific covers, especially 3* or 4* covers.

Why do you think that? A non-neglible amount of people actually got their 2300 and 2400 progression taken away.
    Imagine this, there is a PvP for a new character. you choose the last slice. But then the event disappears before your slice. Would you write a furious letter to customer support that you were a guaranteed Top25 or would you be happy with 2 Heroic Tokens?

I was missing 1400 Points for the Mystique cover. Should I get nothing? What if I would have reached 2400 if the event had continued?
    In 3 hours you wouldn't regenerate enough healthpacks to hit another 1000 points. That's not the point. Most people never go for 2400 in the Shield Simulator, many never ever touch it or only go for 100-200 points there. Giving every player a Mystique cover would be a bad solution. Ditto yellow Mohawk or other specific covers. Whatcouldhavebeens don't work. I "could have" won another 10000 points in the Simulator and earned t1 in my Season bracket. Why don't I get my 2 extra 10-packs, HP and ISO? icon_lol.gif
  • SuperBatPoohMan
    Options
    what is it now??? 3 days and nothing new??? kinda sucks for all the peeps that got screwed...and alliances...maybe i missed it
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't know why but I still have not received my rewards of this season, I am starting to feel a little bit worried. Soon new Season will start and the placeholder of this season and my rewards will dissapear :S :S :S :S

Anybody knows what can i do? Did anybody have to wait that much to get season rewards?

PS: I have the label of "Rewards still pending"
    PS: ARGH I just checked and now the season VIII classification is not there and I didn't receive my rewards !!!
  • SuperBatPoohMan
    Options
    send a message to the devs
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Done. But the other time I had a problem with the App regarding rewards, and I sent the devs a message nobody answered me, and I didn't get the reward :S
  • SuperBatPoohMan
    Options
    Polares wrote:

Done. But the other time I had a problem with the App regarding rewards, and I sent the devs a message nobody answered me, and I didn't get the reward :S

sometimes i get an email saying they r working on it and never gets anything resolved....so good luck
  • Mathrim
    Mathrim Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Options
    I came to 2,2K in sim, wanted do more, but no Chance without sim.... icon_razz.gif