Season VIII Ending Discrepancy (**Updated)

Options

Comments

• So hopefully we see Thor rewards today?
  • lol, maybe they just released the new shield tinykittens to take attention away from this
  • This compensation is about 50,000 times better than the compensation awarded to those who were ENTIRELY locked out of the game for OVER A WEEK due to the android issue.

Also, this was nearly instant. You guys really wont even talk about the people who got **** out of the season already.

Some people got 3 tokens for their grief... Some people were told they get nothing.

Cool! (edit) <--- this is sarcasm over here with the "Cool!" in case you didn't catch that.
  • What happens if you left an alliance AFTER the season ended? I'm pretty sure my old alliance qualifies for the Lady Thor reward, will I still be compensated if that's the case?
  • What happens if you left an alliance AFTER the season ended? I'm pretty sure my old alliance qualifies for the Lady Thor reward, will I still be compensated if that's the case?

I would assume that they have a snapshot of the alliance composition at the end of the event and will award to everyone regardless of current affiliation. That said, I have 2 new members who are waiting to join until they get the makeup reward from their current alliance, just to be safe.
  • Just got my 1k Iso and 100hp. Forgot I was in the last slice for that event so wasn't expecting it.
  • Alexraven wrote:
    Just got my 1k Iso and 100hp. Forgot I was in the last slice for that event so wasn't expecting it.

I just got it too, but I was in the fourth slice. Thought they decided to do the same rewards for the simulator going down 3 hours early.
  • Someone said they got a black MQ cover.
  • cg2912
    cg2912 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options
    So far I rec'd 100 hp, and blackflag.pngicon_mystique.png
  • Flare808
    Flare808 Posts: 266
    Options
    4th slice- Got 1000 ISO, 100 HP, Mystique blackflag.png
  • GrayOne
    Options
    5th Slice with about 8500 season pts and 1700 SIM pts at the time of the season ending early. Got the 1k iso, 100hp's, and the Mystique cover. Thanks!
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    Options
    5th slice here... got the 1000ISO, 100HP, and blackflag.pngicon_mystique.png

The first 2 rewards were advertised and expected... no word on what prompted the last?
  • I got my 4Thor for mercing in an alliance (i've already left) that was Ranked 104. + the iso and HP. So for anyone wondering whether or not they still had to be in that alliance to get the reward, the answer is no.
  • san
    san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Some people have received Mystique, others both Thor and Mystique. So far, I've only got the Thor (+100HP, and some ISO). Not sure what the Mystique is for, but I'm quite happy with the Thor blue, so I have no issues if nothing further arrives.
  • 1000 Iso and 100 HP.

How does this qualify as anything? That's a joke is what it is. 1000 Iso buys you a single level to bring your lvl 83 char to 84. I am not sure you understand how insignificant that is.
    100 HP doesn't get you anything either. Are you aware that a 2 Star cover costs FIVE TIMES that much?

If you aren't going to give the players anything of value, why bother at all? This is just a spit in the face.

I know free stuff is free stuff but it bothers me that you consider this a "compensation".
  • xequalsy
    xequalsy Posts: 231
    Options
    PPPlaya wrote:
    1000 Iso and 100 HP.

How does this qualify as anything? That's a joke is what it is. 1000 Iso buys you a single level to bring your lvl 83 char to 84. I am not sure you understand how insignificant that is.
    100 HP doesn't get you anything either. Are you aware that a 2 Star cover costs FIVE TIMES that much?

If you aren't going to give the players anything of value, why bother at all? This is just a spit in the face.

I know free stuff is free stuff but it bothers me that you consider this a "compensation".
    You do realise 100 Iso and 100 HP are precisely the final two reward tiers for the season progression? Therefore the "compensation" is to give the next (few) progression reward tiers to those who might have missed out due to the season ending early. These people certainly don't need extra compensation on top of this for this aspect of season rewards. The issue becomes season placement rewards and whether people ended up missing out on 10-packs etc... due to the missing three hours, but obviously the ISO and HP awarded here isn't to compensate individual placement.
  • I got the 100 HP and 1000 ISO - thanks for that icon_e_smile.gif Also got Thor for my alliance. Other alliance members have reported they also got a black Mystique cover on top of those rewards; so now I am naturally wondering why I didn't get one... Does anyone know what Mystique was for?
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It was the top progression for Shield Sim.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options
    **UPDATE (12/12/14)

Compensation has begun going out to players today.

In addition to the above mentioned, we will be extending the same tiered rewards to ALL players who qualify and participated in the Eight Is Enough Versus Event, not just those in the final time shard. This is for players that could have used the extra hours in S.H.I.E.L.D. Training to get more Season rewards. We are looking at Doc Ock Versus Event participants to decide whom to provide compensation to because we believe if you were active in that Event, you were likely active in the last three hours of the Season and were thus affected.

*Please allow up to 48 hours from today to receive your in-game compensation.

For the very small subset of players who did not participate in the Eight Is Enough Event, but may have been participating in S.H.I.E.L.D. Training during the final hours of Season VIII, please open a ticket with Customer Service if you feel compensation is due and we will investigate on a case-by-case basis. Thank you!
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Interesting. I wasn't expecting to get anything, since I was in the second slice and had gotten all progression rewards from season and the Simulator, but I logged in and got 1000 ISO and 100 HP. No extra Mystique cover, though. A nice surprise.