Character Rotations For Season IX (*Updated)

Options

Comments

• Others are complaining that they might have to "earn" the cover in pve and/or pvp. What other way have we ever gotten new covers in MPQ?

I don't believe anyone was complaining that they would have to earn the new cover. I believe that the argument was to have Loki rewards and to offer the new cover as the top100 reward, not the top5. That way 20% of the player base could earn the cover, versus just 1%.

If you recall when they added a third power for 2Star Daken, the blue cover was not offered as a reward of any kind until after the sale price was reduced back to normal amounts. They did offer his Purple and Black covers as rewards prior to that time though.

For the majority of players that earn a 3star cover, they are now getting double covers in one color and nothing in the others (with the shift in the alliance cover to the top100 instead of the top5). With the tendency to offer the (arguably) worst cover in this manner, the transition gets stretched even further. While no one is arguing that Loki will be a gamechanger with this 3rd cover, many people already have purple and black fairly well covered, so offering the chance to earn 2 of the new covers would be a big step in making Loki playable for a lot of people.
  • Trojax2010
    Trojax2010 Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Loki's Third power is up after that latest update. Mischief.

(PASSIVE) Loki is consumed by a cold rage as he moves to undermine his enemies. If the enemy team makes a match-4 or more of any color, Loki converts 2 basic tiles of that color into 4-turn Countdown tiles which steal 2 random AP.
  • Trojax2010 wrote:
    Loki's Third power is up after that latest update. Mischief.

(PASSIVE) Loki is consumed by a cold rage as he moves to undermine his enemies. If the enemy team makes a match-4 or more of any color, Loki converts 2 basic tiles of that color into 4-turn Countdown tiles which steal 2 random AP.

Looks like Trickery always costs 11 now. 4 covers steal 5 attack and 5 protect. 5 covers steal all attack and protect.

Illusions looks unchanged
  • Daredevil looks unchanged still.
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    Options
    papa07 wrote:
    Daredevil looks unchanged still.

Murdock needs some love! Something useful against mooks would be nice.
  • Asmodai-o_O
    Asmodai-o_O Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options
    The problem with rotation isn't that it's rotation, it's that the characters that are rotated out drop off the face of the earth and simply aren't coming back. Are Punisher, LThor or Torch ever coming back? Combine their absense with losing GSBW, LDaken, Black Panther and Pyslocke... this is believed to be well thought out? If the first three came back when the next three (four) left it might be acceptable, but then again they disappear for months on end. If it truely was a bandaid for a severed limb can we at least get some details on the true length of the vacation for these characters that your players want... or a teaser on the new system to come, because no one is providing any beat downs with Beast, She-Hulk, Doc Oc, Groot and IW that we're apparently supposed to be using to compete.

Buying covers is part of the game of course, I am not arguing that, I will probably end up buying GSBW's final cover since she'll be gone for upwards of 3 seasons. But jerking me around with a poorly thought out, implemented and maintained system means it'll be with in game rewards instead of with the $ you so desperately covet and that doesn't help either party one bit. icon_neutral.gif
    No one is asking for a hand out with these covers, well other than those with late effort and glitched end times, we just want the chance to earn what we want.

Was there reasoning for not going the route of any of the many great ideas to address the bloat of character and % chance problem? I nevèr saw one, nor can I find one.
  • When will you release information about DareDevil? Im too anxious to see he's changes!!!
  • avs962
    avs962 Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    xubango wrote:
    When will you release information about DareDevil? Im too anxious to see he's changes!!!

This, exactly

I got iso burning a hole in my pocket and I wanna see if DD is worthy of it.
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    Options
    One person is complaining that the new ability might be his best.

I didn't mean to sound like I was 'complaining' that the new power would be his best. Phrasing it as a 'bet' was likely not the best turn of phrase.

I am actually excited about the new 3rd ability. I fully intend to run him 5-Green as soon as I can manage to win them - and I am looking forward to adding him to the scarecrow team I throw into PVP rounds when I don't want to waste HP on a shield.

I'm betting Black/Green becomes the new 'best build'. The countdown tiles (@5) are laid down on the opponent's turn, so they will behave more like a 1-turn countdown that I dropped on my own turn. They are going to frustrate people tremendously.
  • Hi Devs,

While you have taken my beloved Magneto and Thor away and are "tweaking" them, any way you can upgrade the art. Give Thor a beard and Magneto menacing white eyes like in the cover icon_eek.gif
    That is all.

Thanks
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    VERIKHAN wrote:
    Hi Devs,

While you have taken my beloved Magneto and Thor away and are "tweaking" them, any way you can upgrade the art.
    Not all vaulted characters will be tweaked.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Daredevil abilities aree updated in game already. Very interesting, especially for the blue stun. May even be better than Peacemaker for the stun effect.
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    atomzed wrote:
    Daredevil abilities aree updated in game already. Very interesting, especially for the blue stun. May even be better than Peacemaker for the stun effect.
    Indeed, it makes me want to raise blueflag.png to lvl5 and test it ingame to see how annoying it can be when the 'ricochets' never end.
    Also the new redflag.png seems powerful: only one trap that can be disarmed as before but triggering his own trap does half the damage AND the trap is moved randomly. Again, an effect that can last a long time.

probably will try to change my build for 3/5/5 as soon as I can
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options
    *Update: This is now live and in-game - Thursday, December 11, 2014 - a day early in anticipation of the start of Season IX.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    Also: note to D3: run a Loki PVP early on with the new skill as the top 100/Alliance prize, please? Not as the top 5? Because that's evil?

I guess D3 decided to embrace evil, as it turns out.
  • Mikey Boy
    Mikey Boy Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Is there a list of all the currently vaulted characters, somewhere? Or do I have to go through all the previous announcements and figure it out from seeing who's gone in and who's come out?
  • xequalsy
    xequalsy Posts: 231
    Options
    Mikey Boy wrote:
    Is there a list of all the currently vaulted characters, somewhere? Or do I have to go through all the previous announcements and figure it out from seeing who's gone in and who's come out?
    This used to be stickied in Character Discussion but this is the thread you are looking for:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=19997

Thanks again to yogi_ for maintaining it! icon_e_smile.gif
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    xequalsy wrote:
    Mikey Boy wrote:
    This used to be stickied in Character Discussion but this is the thread you are looking for:

Thanks for finding that, I've made it sticky again.
  • Mikey Boy
    Mikey Boy Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    xequalsy wrote:
    Mikey Boy wrote:

That's great! Thanks - to both of you icon_e_smile.gif
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Does anyone know when characters that are rota'd out of packs, whether they're still available as rewards? From what I remembered, there was a star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_thor.png on the Daily resupply (day 415), so just curious whether these characters could appear outside from packs.