Character Rotations For Season IX (*Updated)

Options

Comments

• eaise
    eaise Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Why Ldaken! I need two more covers to make him usable. Just two! Now I have to wait for two seasons to pass before he returns. So much for advancing in the game
  • This is great news, I look forward to seeing the new versions of Daredevil and Loki.

You are going to need a new acronym
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    eaise wrote:
    Why Ldaken! I need two more covers to make him usable. Just two! Now I have to wait for two seasons to pass before he returns. So much for advancing in the game
    There's always the Hero points option for you. It's a lot worse for those who lack a color completely.
  • Really? GSBW, BP and Daken? Who comes up with this stuff... better yet why is the horrible idea of lock-out/rotation still being used? You are taking out characters that allow for competitive play and replacing them with novelty characters that won't be used anyways... It's killing the transition players who have no reason to spend money on HP for hops because their 3*'s stay half-covered for months and then the character disappears for a few more months! Put everyone in the pool, cut the % chance on 2* slightly and it gives us a fighting chance... Where is Punisher???

I am collecting tokens until Thor, Mags, and Punisher return to the rotation. Those are my biggest need characters that are good, as well as close to usable. Looks like another month (or two) of stockpiling heroic and event tokens.

Also, when will 4Thor hit heroic tokens. My guess is after the third cover release for Season 9, but confirmation would be nice.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,517 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    xequalsy wrote:
    GrimSkald wrote:
    Are we at least going to get Black Panther as an award in a PVP before he dissappears for two to three months? Last time was two months ago....
    I assume this might mean we'll get one during the offseason? If not this is kinda a massive oversight.

Well, we have one more PVP in the Season, and two in the offseason, so we can keep our fingers crossed. Everyone else they're archiving got a PVP recently.

I'd really like to see a more vigorous rotation (more characters out, more characters in,) but if they weren't going to give us PVPs for them anyway I guess it doesn't matter. One thing on the positive side, though. A big thank you to Dave for giving us this information so early! It really helps us plan for the token packs and all. No sarcasm here - thanks a bunch for telling us.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Christ. Finally. IM40 and GSBW is gone for a few months. Daredevil and Loki got reworked, no more useless BP pulls, and Daken is gone. Today was a good day. I knew I started leveling Blade for a reason, so much better than Daken.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Options
    dearbluey wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    I'm curious as to what Wolverine keeping up his excerice regimine means? It would be nice if they tweaked him a little bit as he went from top 5 character to nowhere with the C.Mags rework. If they just made TBTI cost 12AP I would be super happy.

Maybe he's bulking up (more health?)

I'm pretty sure it's just flavor and nothing else. Don't think we'll be seeing any changes to Patch.

Yeah, it says he is "keeping up". Not more or less.
  • papa07 wrote:
    This is great news, I look forward to seeing the new versions of Daredevil and Loki.

You are going to need a new acronym

I think Falcon doesn't really belong on it, to be honest - on his own he's nothing special, but he turns people like Lazy Daken and Patch into ultra-death, plus adds an anti-goon measure.
  • I knew I started leveling Blade for a reason, so much better than Daken.

They are complementary, Blade is quite lonesome without Daken, but Daken can live on his own with Blade. Daken is far much better than Blade.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    arktos1971 wrote:
    I knew I started leveling Blade for a reason, so much better than Daken.

They are complementary, Blade is quite lonesome without Daken, but Daken can live on his own with Blade. Daken is far much better than Blade.

Daken is a lot more consistent than Blade. Turns out that either party making a green match is much more likely than 10 red tiles being on board at any given time. If blade gets going, he quickly becomes better than Daken, but the lack of true healing and inconsistency make Daken better by far.

• Daken is a lot more consistent than Blade. Turns out that either party making a green match is much more likely than 10 red tiles being on board at any given time. If blade gets going, he quickly becomes better than Daken, but the lack of true healing and inconsistency make Daken better by far.

Excellent analysis.

I hope we will get the new colour from Loki in a PvP or progression reward, and not token drop. Blue Daken 2* was a pain to get in the beginning, and soon after we were flooded with it.
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    eaise wrote:
    There's always the Hero points option for you. It's a lot worse for those who lack a color completely.

Yup. I lack a Laken Purple cover. icon_e_sad.gif Ah well, I have lived without him so far...
    Most of the rest of this doesn't hurt me, and some helps, though. icon_e_smile.gif
  • arktos1971 wrote:

Daken is a lot more consistent than Blade. Turns out that either party making a green match is much more likely than 10 red tiles being on board at any given time. If blade gets going, he quickly becomes better than Daken, but the lack of true healing and inconsistency make Daken better by far.

Excellent analysis.

I hope we will get the new colour from Loki in a PvP or progression reward, and not token drop. Blue Daken 2* was a pain to get in the beginning, and soon after we were flooded with it.

If I remember correctly, Blue Daken was not offered as a prize until the day after his sale price went back to normal, which was fairly anti-customer. Hopefully, they are a little smarter/kinder with Loki
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nellobee wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    eaise wrote:

Yup. I lack a Laken Purple cover. icon_e_sad.gif Ah well, I have lived without him so far...
    Most of the rest of this doesn't hurt me, and some helps, though. icon_e_smile.gif
    I know that feeling. I think I had four black covers and two blue before I got my first purple...
  • 2 I want back in, 4 I want out icon_e_sad.gif. Looks like I'll be chucking more Beast covers out next season.
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm very excited about Daredevil's return! icon_twisted.gif

He was one of my three first max covered star.pngstar.pngstar.png and thus was logically part of my first 3 star.png team
    This alone might explain why I like DD but there is much than that. In fact I really loved the traps mechanism. It was new and triggering Ambush trap.png was so deadly. I learnt how to optimize traps. I had defensive wins because DD is underestimated.

Yeah I loved Daredevil because I wanted to love Daredevil icon_twisted.giftrap.png

However, with time I had to accept the truth: DD's traps are broken, too many adverse powers could erase them and finally DD is less reliable than 1st tier 3 star.png. icon_cry.gif

but now... now, it will be the return of the blind devil, the feared one with game changer abilities...
    ... the return of the crotchkicks!! icon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gif *

*in the case of badly fixed trap mechanism, please forget this post... icon_rolleyes.gif
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    I'm curious as to what Wolverine keeping up his excerice regimine means? It would be nice if they tweaked him a little bit as he went from top 5 character to nowhere with the C.Mags rework. If they just made TBTI cost 12AP I would be super happy.

I am interpreting it to mean: "brought back unchanged".
  • This is great news, I look forward to seeing the new versions of Daredevil and Loki.
    I hope Loki is still not too useful as it'll make me regret all the tokens of his I've previously dropped.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Whaaaa?! You have to be kidding me... the game's been throwing Psylocke and GSBW covers at me recently, to the point where I need just a few more of each to make them viable, and now they're both rotated out?

I know this system can't please everyone, but in its current implementation it just punishes transitioning players who've been collecting these older characters for a long while - moving the finishing line away from them in the final stretch, as it were.
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    It means he hasn't been nerfed for not doing his exercises.