Meet Rocket and Groot (Take Two - Dec 1-4)

Options

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sub 2 essentials: Thor, Thor, Beast
  • xequalsy
    xequalsy Posts: 231
    Options
    I think the slightly shorter subs help a lot with the scaling issue as well, my final Hood node wasn't too badly off this time around - though obviously helped by people not grinding like mad for Gamora as opposed to for 4* Thor last time around.
  • Open reward token, see gold, get my hopes up for Thora so I can do essentials, it's Beast

That's like the cruelest possible thing you can do to a person d3p
  • Vankysher
    Vankysher Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So far a majority of these nodes have forced me to use health packs.
    Haven't had much success in clearing successive nodes with 1-2 wounded heroes.
    The instant one goes down, my chances of success plummet to near zero so I have to run them with full or near-full health to just survive.
  • Vankysher
    Vankysher Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    gamar wrote:
    Open reward token, see gold, get my hopes up for Thora so I can do essentials, it's Beast

Haha.

I had the same experience and I wound up with a blueflag.png Spidey.
  • gamar wrote:
    Open reward token, see gold, get my hopes up for Thora so I can do essentials, it's Beast

Gold covers that have a 4* waiting behind them have their own little animation (the little icon will grow bigger and smaller, or something). If you don't see the cover do anything other than sparkle, it's a 3* character.

There. I just ruined Gold covers for you a little bit more. Huzzah.
  • Bowgentle wrote:
    That being said, running the same event twice with no break and with the second iteration having a 24 hour cycle (effectively shafting European players) SUCKS!
    How does the 24 hour cycle shaft us worse than the last PVE?
    Last PVE it was sub 1 and sub 3 ending at 6am, this time it looks like two subs will end at 6pm. Of course the stupid thing is that the 6pm on a workday doesn't help much wenn you need to start the grind at 4pm, which is within office hours for 85% of the workforce.

I only hope they offer 10pm or midnight CET as an end time for PVE when they introduce slices, because if it's 6 pm it's only slightly better than the current 6am.

Somehow, I was under the assumption that the event was 72h long with three 24h sub events. As a result, I made an **** of myself icon_redface.gif .
    It seems that the Europeans are the lucky ones this time
  • ark123 wrote:
    kalirion wrote:
    Welp, without 4*Thor I dunno if I can even make the 50k progression reward without major grinding. Was just able to do it in the previous PVE, but I'd gotten the required heroes in PVP half-way into the event, so that was different.

I don't think 1 blade cover is worth that much trouble, even though he is a character I wanna use at some point...

You can easily make all progression without essentials. Easily.

Define "easily"? I had a lot of trouble with the high end nodes in the previous incarnation of this event. Hood and Doom with feeders make my roster bleed, and even Mystique can oneshot with her purple+black combo.

And I don't feel like grinding a lot anymore - spending more of my time on GoW now than MPQ - at least that game has an end that I can see icon_e_smile.gif
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    gamar wrote:

Wait - you're telling me there actually are gold in these tokens? I have yet to see one in either tourney so far..... icon_lol.gif
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vankysher wrote:
    gamar wrote:

Haha.

I had the same experience and I wound up with a blueflag.png Spidey.

I thought I was in the same boat as you two, except mine revealed red Smite!
  • Can anyone think of a good use for Beast?

He's part of my extended tank team if I have more than 5 minutes to tank all the other guys in front of him. . .

He...uh...allows you to do the essential node this PVP?

He's powered up during Xmen PVP?

If the computer is ever playing him it's easier to win?

He's not Yelena?

He's a suckier version of Rocket and Groot?

People will be less vicious in competing for him?

LOL THERES NO USE FOR BEAST SINCE ROCKET/GROOT IS LITERALLY BETTER
  • IReallyHatePVP
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    Sub 2 essentials: Thor, Thor, Beast
    That fact fills me with a terrible dread.

I can totally imagine the third sub having all 3 essential nodes requiring Thoress... icon_e_confused.gif

I better jump in right after work tonight... icon_neutral.gif
  • PeterGibbons316
    Options
    Ugh, just sold my Beast to make room in my roster for Thora.

No regrets.......Beast sucks.
  • It seems that the Europeans are the lucky ones this time

Heh, depends how lucky you think it is for the subs to finish at 5pm (BST) when most people are at work. Still, I appreciate anything thats not in the middle of the night after the 4Thor PvE, and I'm lucky enough to be in a job where I can decide to be 'in a meeting' for the last hour before the sub ends tomorrow.

I'd guess the situation is similar (but a little better) for the guys on the continent where it's a 6pm end time tomorrow.

Of course, the real work tends to come at the end of the event which is (of course) in the middle of the night again.

Use Mutagenic Breakthrough on something with blue as strongest color, and if by a miracle you created more than 2 blue tiles, destroy it with Surgical Strike.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I like to think of Beast as an amusing sidekick to the other two members of the team. He just stands there playing with his test tubes and reading while they do the real work.

I just wish he had an ability where he went fully feral and flung his poop, at least then he'd be slightly amusing instead of just utterly useless.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I like to think of Beast as an amusing sidekick to the other two members of the team. He just stands there playing with his test tubes and reading while they do the real work.

I just wish he had an ability where he went fully feral and flung his poop, at least then he'd be slightly amusing instead of just utterly useless.

Call it Blue Flung Poo!
  • I think Beast should've a passive that lowers the enemy damage when he's in front because his face is too distracting.