Is it possible that they're actually scrapping Speed Evil?

Options
1235»

Comments

• rabscutle wrote:
    Honest question... how does doom help you in other LR?
    He's my only half decent villain (1/3), but he's so slooooow. Probably his health pool will dissuade some hitters, but on offense I imagine I can kill much faster with Wolv/Thor/scrub rather than Wolv/Doom/Scrub or Thor/Doom/Scrub.
    What level should he be before he starts being better than Wolv/Thor in other LRs?

For me it is Hit Points and a high purple attack. He ends of kind of tanking for Magneto when you need to pull purple AP. He has high enough hit points to take the damage and keep going.

Pretty much exactly this. And if you play in the jungle, you'll be able to add Doom's summon demons quickly enough and that ends rounds within 2-3 turns max.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Will any of the guys offering advice actually try to do a LR without using a high level villian to demonstrate how it's done right now?

Done, I used my max Thor 3/5/5, yes 3/5/5 icon_e_sad.gif and max Wolvie 5/4/4 icon_neutral.gif and the gifted lvl 15 Doom (sometimes I forgot to put him in and accidentally used my lvl 65 Doom, sorry).

I cycled through the three environments every three battles and didn's skip a single opponent. Used 6 health packs the whole time (made sure the sixth came after enough time would have passed for one to renew) and only used boosts once (against a guy using the exact same team with a minute to go, he had around 400 points).

I think I finished #1 but at least top 2 with 470+ points.

Going to go back to using max mag and rag to get up to 250 in the rest as usual icon_mrgreen.gif

Kudos to you. I saw you up in the leaderboard late and thought it odd.
  • guess it's possible to finish high in Doom LR with max thor/wolv =D
  • doneskis wrote:
    guess it's possible to finish high in Doom LR with max thor/wolv =D

Yep, and you level that Doom and use him with Wolviethor to do well (diabolicals) in Loki/Hood/Doom rounds, hope for some Mag/Rags, if so great, if not it's all about the progression we've been discussing.

Trust me, when I first say the LRs I thought it was crazyness and had the exact same thoughts as most people are having right now. But the progression it sets up is intricate and completely doable by those who actually want to do it.
  • How many points are you guys generally getting per fight in LR,s (after the begining) I usually get between 11-16 points per fights (can't find anyone worth more) is that low or is it average?
  • I ended up top 8 with an 85 wolvie, 28 rag and a 15/30 doom. I got lucky midway through the Doom LR with the standard pack netting me a black Doom cover and i used all my iso to get doom to ~40s. Wasn't too too bad. I only used healthpacks when I lost my Rag and Doom...but they're beefy enough to last quite a few rounds per.
  • Nemek wrote:
    Kudos to you. I saw you up in the leaderboard late and thought it odd.

Thank you sir, fortunately it wasn't a complete waste, my Doom is up to 3 Blue now!
  • To speak to the progression commentary, I can definitely vouch for it. I've gone from hating LR's to loving the amount of ISO you can mine. I've steadily built Doom and Mags and just got Rags to 5 Red last night. I'm working on getting that last Yellow Cover for Hood too.

But that all took time. Once you get there, it is really satisfying because you worked for it, or at least I did. Getting that 1st Purple Mags cover was an amazing feeling... it was like suddenly a door was open that had been shut and I felt like I could really push forward.

That progression is rewarding and the key to enjoying the LR model.
  • I've stopped even competing in the lightning rounds. I have a 2* team with only two 3* max level. I have a hard time even getting to 250 and it's not worth the headache when I know there's no way I'll get to the top for any useful rewards. So I just farm every new LR to 100. I get a standard recruit token and 390 ISO, plus 70 ISO for being in the top 100,000 icon_lol.gif . That will have to satisfy me. I focus on the tourney/event that's usually going on simultaneously, where I know I might actually finish in the top 5. I don't have enough teams or health packs to focus on both.
  • Those of you who get the good prizes, good for you.

But you need to remember one thing. You are the exception. Not the rule.

You have no less than 3000 competitors each time. 50 prizes. Do the math.

Imagine in a room full of 3000 rats, you throw 50 pieces of cheese in it. Does each of these rats have a chance to get a piece? Yes they do. But only 50 will be getting, and the other 2950 will be starving. That's how it is.

And lets not even go to the part about the rats tearing each other apart.
  • mechgouki wrote:
    Those of you who get the good prizes, good for you.

But you need to remember one thing. You are the exception. Not the rule.

You have no less than 3000 competitors each time. 50 prizes. Do the math.

Imagine in a room full of 3000 rats, you throw 50 pieces of cheese in it. Does each of these rats have a chance to get a piece? Yes they do. But only 50 will be getting, and the other 2950 will be starving. That's how it is.

And lets not even go to the part about the rats tearing each other apart.

So everyone should win all the time? Quit whining, it's already been proven you can place well with a 2 star team. If you don't have a solid two star team, you aren't ready for lightning rounds.
  • mechgouki wrote:
    the other 2950 will be starving. That's how it is.

I don't think getting a heroic token is exactly starving. If you don't have a team able to get in the top 50, a heroic is probably still useful to you.
  • 9 or so weeks in, I feel like I'm breaking through.

It's gotten harder this week because I no longer meet ** teams, and instead find so many Doom tanks with Rags.

I won my first Diabolical token in 5 runs today, finally getting the hang of tanking in the final minutes of The Hood round (difficult, since EVERYONE started doing it).

>Ragnarok Thunderclap!
    >I got my Ragnarok to 89; 5/3, to go with my Magneto 102; 2/3/5.

I really love how this thread developed. I was on the outside looking in all this time towards the *** tier. Now I have to face the fact that I will face more maxed out teams, never to be able to bully ** squads the way everybody daydreams of doing.

It's gotten harder this week because I no longer meet ** teams, and instead find so many Doom tanks with Rags.

I won my first Diabolical token in 5 runs today, finally getting the hang of tanking in the final minutes of The Hood round (difficult, since EVERYONE started doing it).

>Ragnarok Thunderclap!

I really love how this thread developed. I was on the outside looking in all this time towards the *** tier. Now I have to face the fact that I will face more maxed out teams, never to be able to bully ** squads the way everybody daydreams of doing.
    . U can still bully the 2** teams. Lotsa scrubnarok teams with a max or 80+ rag and 2 2** (almost always a mix if wolvie/thor/obw). The rag goes down easily enough with your magneto. No boosts just with single matches that's only 4 requisite matches to kill the ragarok (2 purple.matches and 2 jungle tiles)...less if you get cascades. Then you stomp with red blues and green those 2** to your hearts content.

>Ragnarok Thunderclap!

. U can still bully the 2** teams. Lotsa scrubnarok teams with a max or 80+ rag and 2 2** (almost always a mix if wolvie/thor/obw). The rag goes down easily enough with your magneto. No boosts just with single matches that's only 4 requisite matches to kill the ragarok (2 purple.matches and 2 jungle tiles)...less if you get cascades. Then you stomp with red blues and green those 2** to your hearts content.

Lol I would've been one of those scrubnarol teams except for having my monstrous Magneto. I hardly run into these though.
  • Kyosokun wrote:
    mechgouki wrote:

I don't think getting a heroic token is exactly starving. If you don't have a team able to get in the top 50, a heroic is probably still useful to you.

Top 100 is still pretty tough. Even top 500 requires at least a half hour of play. Add to that the fact that most Lightning rounds are during work hours.
  • grimeon wrote:
    Kyosokun wrote:
    mechgouki wrote:

Top 100 is still pretty tough. Even top 500 requires at least a half hour of play. Add to that the fact that most Lightning rounds are during work hours.

there are other events people can participate in if LR is too difficult. It's not like LR is the only thing you can do in this game.
    play the Double shot/PVE event once they have a new one...it all leads to progression.
    Hell I think some people are now doing the shield event to get spiderman/widow. Plenty of things to do.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    grimeon wrote:
    Kyosokun wrote:
    mechgouki wrote:

Depends on time of day; I accidentally got Top 8 in the late night Loki tournament, because I got to 400 and stopped playing. Normally, that's barely enough for a diabolical token. I was in 2nd with like 15 minutes left.
  • I got top 25 yesterday using a 30 doom/ max wolvie / 65ish OBW. I got lucky getting some doom from heroic packs. To be honest you don't need to win all of them. Just 1 of them. It'll take time, but just keep going for diabolic tokens in the one you an beat, and you'll eventually get the villians for the others.

LR is very doable using 2* teams, but you have to commit to it. I had a higher level Doom, but he tended to get in the way most of the time. His damage is better than my OBW, but that also keeps me from espionage when I do use her. You do have to commit to it though. I actually played the entire hour and half and chose my opponents wisely.

I started playing this game mid-decemberish? Back then I only used the LRs for iso. Now I use them for some quick iso if I don't have time, or if I do, I'll try for at least a heroic token.