Is it possible that they're actually scrapping Speed Evil?

Options

Comments

• Any veterans care to chime in? Currently running 102 Rag/90 Mag/85 wolverine – have a 35 /5/5 doom at the moment. Should I level him up to replace wolverine? Seems like I kill faster with wolverine though since I can spam his green
  • doneskis wrote:
    Any veterans care to chime in? Currently running 102 Rag/90 Mag/85 wolverine – have a 35 /5/5 doom at the moment. Should I level him up to replace wolverine? Seems like I kill faster with wolverine though since I can spam his green

It's give and take. You will likely kill faster with Wolv if you are going in unboosted. Mags and rag should have you set DPS-wise though, and you'll dissuade more attackers with a third boosted character.
  • Kyosokun wrote:
    doneskis wrote:
    Any veterans care to chime in? Currently running 102 Rag/90 Mag/85 wolverine – have a 35 /5/5 doom at the moment. Should I level him up to replace wolverine? Seems like I kill faster with wolverine though since I can spam his green

It's give and take. You will likely kill faster with Wolv if you are going in unboosted. Mags and rag should have you set DPS-wise though, and you'll dissuade more attackers with a third boosted character.

The strike tiles to me are negligible damage in a lightning round, and 3k hp on defense is at most 2 thunderclaps. Get that doom up!
  • thanks for the responses guys....hmmm guess i will go with wolverine early on in lightning round then switch to doom towards the end of the lightning round to make people think twice about attacking me

I guess its time to farm some ISO for doom.
  • _fulu_ wrote:
    The strike tiles to me are negligible damage in a lightning round, and 3k hp on defense is at most 2 thunderclaps. Get that doom up!

Couldn't have said it better.
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I look for unboosted characters, even a 141 IM40 is not a deterrent on lightning rounds. Typically I will start hitting the lower level boosted characters after I have exhausted the unboosteds. If you have a team of higher level boosted characters you will generally be getting hit only when there is nothing else lower.

I am running a 115 Rag, 106 Mags and 83 Hood, and at the end of a lightning round I still get hit for 3 attacks in the period of time takes for me to finish a match. I have just shot for the 25-50 ranking rewards so I can sell of some 3* toons for HP and have gotten knocked out of each of them at the end by a burst of retaliations/attacks.

The thing that gets me is when I get downed by lower level/power teams and I wind up losing to the same guy twice in the period it took me to finish a fight. I have a fast kill team and it makes me wonder how someone can take me out twice as fast, I also wonder how someone can retaliate 1x then find me in the match making system fast enough to hit me twice before I finish a retaliation.
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I'm using an 85 Thor and an 85 Wolvie. I also have a Classic Storm that I don't use, cos her HP drops to less than half after a match....

BTW, I prefer to think of my threads as "problem analysing" rather than just pure complains.
  • doneskis wrote:
    thanks for the responses guys....hmmm guess i will go with wolverine early on in lightning round then switch to doom towards the end of the lightning round to make people think twice about attacking me

I guess its time to farm some ISO for doom.

2 high level villains is more than enough for the lightning rounds. save the iso for covers you will actually use out of the LRs.
  • mechgouki wrote:
    I'm using an 85 Thor and an 85 Wolvie. I also have a Classic Storm that I don't use, cos her HP drops to less than half after a match....

BTW, I prefer to think of my threads as "problem analysing" rather than just pure complains.

No real offense meant, I just haven't seen many positive posts from you and I wonder if you at all enjoy the game. So you run an 85 Thor and Wolvie and are trying to avoid similar teams? You shouldn't have much trouble burning them down with that team.
  • You're only seeing teams that have a similar MMR as you. And just because the vast majority are in that range doesn't mean there are none in the higher ranks.

As has been said numerous times in this thread, players with maxed villains don't compete for anything more than 250 (if that). Sure, some with a few covers are trying to get more but they eventually get them and stop participating as well. And I'm pretty sure some like Dugan (and myself) haven't even bothered to max out the likes of loki, doom and hood.

I disagree, there are still plenty of high-leveled (near-maxed) people, (that don't post here) that are using LR to grind out ISO and HP. Enough of them to make it very difficult for anyone without a mid-ranged Villain to even place in the top 100.

I think some people here have forgotten what it's like to fight with characters that make a match last 4-6 minutes and what kind of effect that can have on your success.
  • _fulu_ wrote:
    mechgouki wrote:

No real offense meant, I just haven't seen many positive posts from you and I wonder if you at all enjoy the game. So you run an 85 Thor and Wolvie and are trying to avoid similar teams? You shouldn't have much trouble burning them down with that team.

Truth is, the game is not bad, when you don't have to compete your **** off. I kinda like the big PVE events. Until I realized to get a good score, I have to grind 3 times a day, lol.

The times that competition matter is when I want to tear my hair out. And it doesn't help that your scores are dropping due to matches that you have no control off, and you can get kicked off several ranks at the last second.

For Thor. You ever faced another Thor, who just happened to get a cascade, or more Red matches than you? It ain't pretty. On the average, every match my Thor loses at least 500 HP, depending on the enemy.

Anyway, I'm well aware that my posts aren't positive. But I'd like to think that I'm carefully analyzing a problem rather than just blind bashing.
  • mechgouki wrote:
    I kinda like the big PVE events. Until I realized to get a good score, I have to grind 3 times a day, lol.

You don't. That's one way, but not the only way.
    mechgouki wrote:
    Anyway, I'm well aware that my posts aren't positive. But I'd like to think that I'm carefully analyzing a problem rather than just blind bashing.

That's great, but that isn't evident in most of your posts. It isn't necessary that your posts be positive, but very often, they don't seem particularly constructive (like you are trying to solve a problem).
  • Kyosokun wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    The LRs are just poorly designed because to do well in them pretty much requires you already have most of the prizes and in that case you wouldn't need to do LR in the first place.

I disagree. There is a progression to them. When you start, you're just playing for the lowbie rewards of free iso and the standard token. You build your roster further. You start getting to where you can earn a Heroic. you build your roster further. You get a team that's strong enough to get some covers from diabolics. You build more. Eventually you are strong enough to compete for actual covers, targeting what you need to complete the villians. and hopefully, once you no longer need the rewards, you drop out of competition in them, allowing those still working on them to place.

I think it's ok to get the top prizes requires you have those characters at a high rank. Getting those top prizes allows you to finish off the character, and you can contend for them without having the characters maxed.

^This 100%.

I played for a total of 63 days. Spent a lot of time building 2* team, advance to building 3* team. I'm at the point where I can compete in Lightning Rounds. I reach top 8 for the first time in LR this morning. It's all about progression.
  • mechgouki wrote:
    For Thor. You ever faced another Thor, who just happened to get a cascade, or more Red matches than you? It ain't pretty. On the average, every match my Thor loses at least 500 HP, depending on the enemy.

Your posts have gotten better in that regard, I think. I think your biggest problem is that you are letting your competitiveness get the better of you, and striving for too much too soon.

Do you use boosts at all during the lightning rounds? With boosts, you should be able to take out those equal footing teams with next to no HP loss. 6red and 6green will get you 2 feral strikes first turn (and 4 strike tiles), and a Red from Thor, and setup some yellow matches to get a yellow off. Won't be much of an enemy team left after that.
  • mechgouki wrote:
    _fulu_ wrote:
    mechgouki wrote:

Truth is, the game is not bad, when you don't have to compete your **** off. I kinda like the big PVE events. Until I realized to get a good score, I have to grind 3 times a day, lol.

The times that competition matter is when I want to tear my hair out. And it doesn't help that your scores are dropping due to matches that you have no control off, and you can get kicked off several ranks at the last second.

I understand the grind can get to you, but its the same for everyone. I know I had a different experience from many in that my rags was high level before lightning rounds even started, but I'm usually matched with people of similar cover levels.

To your Thor point...of course I have, although the relative comparison for me is another Ragnarok. Try pairing Thor with Classic Storm and use her green to generate more ap. Either way, your opponents are facing the same thing you are, so they'll be losing 500 health a battle as well.
  • I always thought it might be an interesting idea to have each Lightning Round give covers that will help in the next LR.

For example, Hood rounds give Doom covers, Doom rounds give Loki covers, Loki rounds give Rag covers, etc..

That way, once you get at least one strong 3* villain, you have a gateway to allow you to more easily get the other 3* villains. (Well, "easily" isn't the right word, but you get the idea.)

As for me, I'm content to use the LR as a way to get some fast and easy ISO. My Ragnarok may only be LV 38, but that's enough with a 200% boost to get me enough ISO to level some of my other characters.
  • I always thought it might be an interesting idea to have each Lightning Round give covers that will help in the next LR.

For example, Hood rounds give Doom covers, Doom rounds give Loki covers, Loki rounds give Rag covers, etc..

That way, once you get at least one strong 3* villain, you have a gateway to allow you to more easily get the other 3* villains. (Well, "easily" isn't the right word, but you get the idea.)

Now THAT I do feel is a worthwhile idea.
  • Honest question... how does doom help you in other LR?
    He's my only half decent villain (1/3), but he's so slooooow. Probably his health pool will dissuade some hitters, but on offense I imagine I can kill much faster with Wolv/Thor/scrub rather than Wolv/Doom/Scrub or Thor/Doom/Scrub.
    What level should he be before he starts being better than Wolv/Thor in other LRs?
  • Honest question... how does doom help you in other LR?
    He's my only half decent villain (1/3), but he's so slooooow. Probably his health pool will dissuade some hitters, but on offense I imagine I can kill much faster with Wolv/Thor/scrub rather than Wolv/Doom/Scrub or Thor/Doom/Scrub.
    What level should he be before he starts being better than Wolv/Thor in other LRs?

For me it is Hit Points and a high purple attack. He ends of kind of tanking for Magneto when you need to pull purple AP. He has high enough hit points to take the damage and keep going.
  • Phantron wrote:
    Will any of the guys offering advice actually try to do a LR without using a high level villian to demonstrate how it's done right now?

Done, I used my max Thor 3/5/5, yes 3/5/5 icon_e_sad.gif and max Wolvie 5/4/4 icon_neutral.gif and the gifted lvl 15 Doom (sometimes I forgot to put him in and accidentally used my lvl 65 Doom, sorry).

I cycled through the three environments every three battles and didn's skip a single opponent. Used 6 health packs the whole time (made sure the sixth came after enough time would have passed for one to renew) and only used boosts once (against a guy using the exact same team with a minute to go, he had around 400 points).

I think I finished #1 but at least top 2 with 470+ points.

Going to go back to using max mag and rag to get up to 250 in the rest as usual icon_mrgreen.gif