December MPQ Developer Q&A - Submit Your Questions

Options

Comments

• 1. What advice would you give a transitioning player 2*->3* who has 6 maxed 2* characters but can barely place in the top 300 and can only get 420 points in an event before being matched against level 120'd then being knocked down to 290 points for the event

2. Would you considering another avenue for hero point i.e allow users to trade 1000 ISO-8 for 100 HP, selling reward covers for 10HP per star level
  • evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    are there any plans to adjust the odds of pulling three star covers from heroic/special event tokens?

commentary: with the balance of power shifting almost exclusively to 3* and above character rosters, 3*+ covers are pretty much the only rewards that any semi-advanced player perceives as having value. since we all continue to play this game for the rewards and the progression and building strong rosters of our favorite heroes, i am guessing that nothing causes player burnout more than seeing 83.6% of hard earned tokens be worth practically nothing.

commentary #2: you guys seem to do a great job of listening to your player base and tweaking the game itself. there's no keeping everyone happy, and you get a ton of suggestions, which is why i thought i would tee up the single most important issue IMO.
  • •••••Make the enemy AP reserves visible without having to scroll every turn. It's not like this is useless information.•••••

•Fix IW
    •Fix IM40
    •slow down with character releases so some non vets have even a chance to play a high level blade/mystique.
  • Oh I have one that would put a LOT of things in perspective.

What percentage of the total habitual players (more than once a week) have a single maxed 3* character? Same question for 4*.
  • when will the reward structure be redesign to feel current players request?
  • when will the reward structure be redesign to feel current players request?
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Do you keep any statistics on team-up deletions? What are the most frequently deleted ones?
  • ark123 wrote:
    •••••Make the enemy AP reserves visible without having to scroll every turn. It's not like this is useless information.•••••

•Fix IW
    •Fix IM40
    •slow down with character releases so some non vets have even a chance to play a high level blade/mystique.

•••••Make the enemy AP reserves visible without having to scroll every turn. It's not like this is useless information.•••••

Obviously not a question, but damn the game is over a year old and we still need to scroll each turn to see enemy AP? C'mon!
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,535 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A lot of the older characters such as Grey Suit Black Widow (particularly her red,) and Iron Man Model 40 show a design philosophy that the developers clearly have moved past - in particular that many powers should have a drawback and the cost of the power should increase as its effectiveness does. As a result, these characters are distinctly underpowered compared to newer characters. Is there any chance that these characters will be looked at in the future with an eye toward rebalancing their powers?
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    1) Roster Slot Cost. It's a broken record at this point, but it would be great to know if it's being addressed in some form.
    2) BEAST. Can we at least choose the tile for the countdown? Come to think of it, I wish every ability that included a countdown allowed for targeted placement - a countdown is already a built in weakness to an ability (you might get nothing if it's matched before it resolved), so I'd love to see every countdown tile placing ability to include targeted placement (** Hawkeye became a lot more fun to play around with because of this change. Even though his blue turned to complete garbage his purple became awesome, so perhaps it evens out.)
    3) MORE STORY. I'd love to see each new character get his or her own original story arc upon introduction. Don't release new characters unless they have a new dedicated story arc! Deadpool's introduction was awesome! Sentry's story intro was pretty dang fun too! MORE STORY SOON PLEASE K THX BYE
    4) Doom/Loki re-balance/third powers? These are not trivial players - they are both big-time movers and shakers in the Marvel Universe, and need some love. (I think these changes are in the queue, but move it up! Put a (!) next to its priority list)
  • Has there been any consideration to changing all the 2 power characters to 3 power characters? There seems to be a sense of "uselessness" to these outside of the basic missions which start you off in the game and I would like to see them played in other areas, much like one star storm and iron man see play in some PVP and PVE. Also, what are the chances that we'll ever see a nerfed Bagman? Or for that matter...could we just replace him with a better character altogether? (black costume spiderman or Ben Reilly Spiderman anyone?)
  • Also, is there a specific drop rate for team ups? It seems like unless you are constantly begging your alliance for character help you are near never getting team ups any more and that use to be a viable help to the game
  • TradeMark310
    Options
    Since you feature actual covers with actual artists, any chance at future versions like "McFarlane Spider-Man" or something?
  • IReallyHatePVP
    Options
    I only have one question this time around, mostly because I've been having one thing on my mind lately(but also because the previous 2 Posts for Sep/Oct went unanswered): The End.

What, exactly, would you say to the player who is contemplating leaving the game? We see "I Quit" threads here pretty much weekly, so it makes me wonder if, each time one crops up, do you, the devs, ask yourself/each other, "Was that on us? Could we have stopped that?"

And, before you wonder, no, the answer nor the not answering of this Q has any bearing on any decision made or in the process of being made on IHatePVP's role in the future of MPQ land.
  • Since you feature actual covers with actual artists, any chance at future versions like "McFarlane Spider-Man" or something?
    They could sell alternate covers as cosmetic enhancements. Win-win.
  • What are you going to do about cheaters like Yama82?

If you have been without internet for the past month, please see this thread

http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=18081

It lays out 37 days of cheating, unshielded glory. There have been numerous instances listed on these forums of the policy of "Sandbox First, Ask Questions Later"

http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=19447&p=253391&hilit=sandbox#p253391
    http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=18084&p=238517&hilit=sandbox#p238517
    http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=17976&p=237607&hilit=sandbox#p237607
    http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=16203&hilit=sandbox
    http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=13898&hilit=sandbox

In the threads above, innocent players were sandboxed. However, for a player that can sit unshielded at the top of a bracket for an entire PvP, you let them rack up rewards for a month after it is brought to your attention. If a player is attacked by someone and cannot retaliate, there is cheating involved. If a player over 1000 points unshielded cannot be targeted no matter how much you skip, there is cheating involved. At this point, you are condoning this cheating and it is an insult to the 99.99% of your player base that is playing the game right.
  • Now that you guys nerfed sentry, when are you guys gonna start giving out x-force rewards? We all know he is very strong, and if you just boost green/black AP, its game over. Once you get above 600 pts in pvp, all you see is maxed x-force along with hulk to feed green AP.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    MikeHock wrote:
    ark123 wrote:

•Fix IW
    •Fix IM40

Obviously not a question, but damn the game is over a year old and we still need to scroll each turn to see enemy AP? C'mon!

HEY LOOK AT THIS THING

I MIGHT start playing again if this is instituted.

Doubt it, but might. I got first place enough when this game was less p2w and alliance based. Nothing really left to keep me motivated.

Maybe if you guys enable it so I can actually beat people and not just play against the computer more times than themi

A bracketed 1v1 tournament with a 10 second turn timer would be so hnnngh
  • Juicyfruit1
    Options
    I'm curious to know if you get all your feedback from the boards or if any of you are actually in the trenches of being in an alliance. I think it would be a very eye opening experience for one of the devs, particularly if it was an active alliance who used line for communication. I know David was starting his roster from scratch, and I think it would be a very valuable experience for him to see where we are coming from.
  • Is character rotation out of tokens a permanent solution? When are the characters that rotated out last season coming back? You promised they'd be coming back in during season 8 and here we are, halfway through season 8 and they aren't back.
This discussion has been closed.