December MPQ Developer Q&A - Submit Your Questions

Options

Comments

• David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi,

A quick reply to everyone with a small bit of info:

Roster Slots. We hear ya. There are discussions going on (and have been going on) regarding what kind of solutions we can provide.

Definitely more to come in future on this important issue!
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2014
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi,

A quick reply to everyone with a small bit of info:

Roster Slots. We hear ya. There are discussions going on (and have been going on) regarding what kind of solutions we can provide.

Definitely more to come in future on this important issue!

Thanks for the heads up icon_e_biggrin.gif .

For those that missed it, this a polite way of saying "we get the point, now shut up about it" icon_lol.gif .
    just kidding. Seriously, thanks for the heads up.
  • There seems to be a pattern here.

Since you are increasing the release speed of new characters because they are cool, what changes are in the works to allow the playerbase to increase their roster size, because we think having roster space is cool.

MMR - Any thoughts to eliminating it altogether and just limiting the pool of targets to between 150% and 75% of my current score.
  • Sidlon
    Sidlon Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Basically, what is the current intended purpose of the skip tax, and are there any plans to improve it? Could we potentially stop getting taxed for skipping opponents with less event points? (since they cause us to lose points through retaliation)
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    papa07 wrote:
    There seems to be a pattern here.

Since you are increasing the release speed of new characters because they are cool, what changes are in the works to allow the playerbase to increase their roster size, because we think having roster space is cool.

MMR - Any thoughts to eliminating it altogether and just limiting the pool of targets to between 150% and 75% of my current score.

This would stop players from loosing 35 points when they are around 600 in PVP, but would not stop the shield hoppers from getting 50 points from high level players. It could also be a 150 point range up or down and when you get loaded up that is the most points you could loose.
  • Thought of another one:

We got a list of characters that were being rebalanced back early in the year. Now that those characters have all been redone, who is in the queue for rebalance currently?
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Question: Enviromental tiles were fun. Can we get them back on certain maps? Especially powerful ones. As a suggestion, it could be hybrid with teamup. (enviromental would be a free teamup power)
  • AxeVirtuoso
    Options
    Yeah, roster slots. With the current release rate of new characters, it's not a viable option forcing players to spend money just to be able to KEEP their hard earned characters

Money should be spent on character level upgrades, allowing players to advance faster if they wish so. Not on essentials like slots icon_exclaim.gif

Then, you should look into the drop rate of gold covers from heroic tokens. Heroic tokens are rather hard to come by and really should have at least a 50% drop chance for 3 or 4 star.png covers.

Finally, review the point structure for progression rewards in PVE events. In some events, I could easily get the top reward, whilst in others I only made it to 3/4 of the ladder, despite heavy grinding. It should be possible to obtain the top reward with reasonable effort.

And the 20 iso basic reward system is obsolete. Definitely. Any thoughts on adapting this?
  • Are the devs happy with the current state of healing powers? OBW, Spidey, Beast, She-Hulk?

It seems like the majority of the forum-going player base considers these abilities to be complete trash. Are there any tweaks or adjustments planned to these skills in the pipes?
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

And the 20 iso basic reward system is obsolete. Definitely. Any thoughts on adapting this?

I second this. 20 iso for beating three 395 opponents just doesn't seem right. Maybe if iso could scale with enemies?
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Thought of another one:

We got a list of characters that were being rebalanced back early in the year. Now that those characters have all been redone, who is in the queue for rebalance currently?

Vaulted characters!
    Except Hood and Sentry who are being worked on while they are in circulation!
    Because Reasons!
  • So when are you going to fix the game so that it turns on?!
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    HulkSmash wrote:
    So when are you going to fix the game so that it turns on?!

This game will not fix your dating life. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Sidlon wrote:
    Basically, what is the current intended purpose of the skip tax, and are there any plans to improve it? Could we potentially stop getting taxed for skipping opponents with less event points? (since they cause us to lose points through retaliation)
    The purpose is to discourage excessive skipping causing server strain due to people looking for the perfect perfect target; it's intended to instead encourage fighting of all targets. Imagine PVP without skip, or ask old veterans. That's also why the fight bonuses were added.
  • Nellobee wrote:
    HulkSmash wrote:
    So when are you going to fix the game so that it turns on?!

This game will not fix your dating life. icon_e_smile.gif

Haha this is my escape from the Mrs when she's watching her tinkitty dramas!!! Don't make me watch downton abbey you cruel devs!!
  • What happened to all the spam? It seems to be gone.
    Ooh, ooh, I know that one! It's all still there, but the "first post needs approval" rule means that I catch it all before it makes it to the boards. Which means that I'm stuck sifting through all that spam trying to find the real posters making their first posts.

Sifting through all that spam is one of the big reasons why it takes so long for new posters to get posts approved (the other major reason is that we only have one active moderator + David). And my apologies to EpicBeastMode (among a couple others), whose first post was unfairly swept up with the spam and he was initially banned instead of approved. So definitely not a perfect system, but at least you guys don't have to see it all.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The concept of retiring characters?
    1. Is the presence of a 3/5/5 IW (@ level 136) in my roster factored into my opponent selection? I can come up with no other reason why I'd be seeing 270 Fury + 270 X-Force + featured character in so many of my match-ups given that I a) never place in the top 25 and b) don't have anyone higher than 170 in my roster). icon_mad.gif
    2. Can we have a better reason than "re-working old characters is boring" for why Invisible Woman is being ignored? It's an insulting reason to your playerbase, doubly so b/c you keep offering her as a reward.
    3. Can I use my mod powers to set up contests with in-game prizes? First contest: Design new powers for Invisible Woman! icon_lol.gif
  • jimpaek02
    jimpaek02 Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Instead of worrying about releasing so many new characters can the devs worry about actually getting the game to work for everybody? Sucks that I can't update to lollipop just because of this game or that I can't chat with my alliance. A working game seems more important than a bunch of cool new characters! Priorities people!
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,307 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just want to hear some of your thoughts on Storm. First, you increased the cost of her Mistress of the Elements from 5 to 9, then changed it completely into its almost inarguably weaker and more narrow yellow version with T-U tiles. Then, you gave her old ability to c.Mags... for only 8 AP. Has there been any talking about helping her regain some relevance?
This discussion has been closed.