Patch Notes Discussion- R65 (Live: 11/17/14)

Options

Comments

• kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Please fix the crash on collecting rewards bug on the PC version.

There is a workaround which involves deprogramming your pavlovian response to the reward animation in here.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=19272&p=251938#p251938
  • Small thing (I guess) but previously I could use the 'back' button on my Galaxy Note 2 to back out to the intro screen (with Venom etc on) but it now closes the app if I press back on the main menu (select story or versus events) screen. It just means reloading the app, but it's a little annoying if you do it by accident.
  • shinobi55 wrote:
    Jimilinho wrote:
    My chat function seems to have stopped working?

Is anybody else having this issue?

Yea me too, chat does not work. Nothing shows up in chat room.

Heh, my chat has never worked properly - there's often huge gaps in the chat (hours worth) where messages are posted and I can't see them. That's been the case for months on my device.
  • shinobi55 wrote:
    Jimilinho wrote:

Heh, my chat has never worked properly - there's often huge gaps in the chat (hours worth) where messages are posted and I can't see them. That's been the case for months on my device.

Happens to me all the time too. I play from 2 devices, iPhone and HTC, and when I close the game in one device and log in to the other one, the progress is the same but the chat does not update. So w/e I type on my iPhone stays there and the same goes for my HTC.
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Jimilinho wrote:

There is a known issue involving Alliance Chat.

Due to an encryption upgrade - players running R64 need to update to R65 in order to chat with their fellow Alliance members.

Thank you.

I respectfully disagree this is the issue. Both my Galaxy S5 and iPad are on the latest patch, and both have the same issue. Chat clears anytime I exit the app, even my own posts. All that remains is if someone has a team-up request. I have caught a couple random messages, and other alliance members are having the same issue.
  • Unknown
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Let's add to the chat issue with disappearing nodes in the lightning rounds. Now I am unable to lvl up my characters as normal. icon_e_surprised.gif

Edit: It started working 5 mins before it ended
  • I was able to restart MPQ to get the LR to behave normally. Alliance chat still borked tho.
  • "David wrote:
    Moore"]

Dear Mr. Hi-Fi,
      -
    Event end times Beta testing is set to begin soon. Testing to get underway for improvements to Event end times with the Hulk Versus Event a few days from now.

Beginning with Hulk Event, will Rocket/Groot PVE will be part of the new Ending Time test as well???
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shinobi55 wrote:
    Jimilinho wrote:

Happens for me on PC with Steam as well and has been the case since the beginning when alliance chat was first introduced. But hey; it's not like the game suddenly never had any issues with scoreboard updates, node points accuracy, etc. This kind of bug with data 'going missing' or 'lagging behind' seems one of the cornerstones of the MPQ status-quo.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Chat had worked for me previously (Steam, two different Win-7 machines): like others it is wiping clear every time I boot the game.
  • ElectroBlast says they're aware of the problem with alliance chat and they're working on a fix: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=19363
    As usual, the thread title is in all caps icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Hi David,

do you see the possibility to implement the time shard for pve before the next one starts?

It will be quite a battle for gThor and with events ending in bad time and with rubberbanding it is quite tyresome. I share with many the opinion that the shard would be much more beneficial in pve.

Thanks
  • Ever since this patch, MPQ has consumed well over 1.7 gigs of network data in about 10 days, which is absolutely abnormal. My data plan is only for 2 gigs and I basically can't use my phone except on wifi for the next week and a half. Unacceptable.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    new update on android
  • New update in Play store, hopefully this solves the data usage and chat and Lollypop issues.

Not that I am on Lollypop.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    New update on Steam as well.

The chat that Demiurge had previously been saying was broken, was infact working fine.
    This update broke it. Great.
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm seeing the same problem on Steam. My chat had been working, but with this afternoon's update it is now broken.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi,

Some players have voiced concerns about the potential timing of PVE Event end times testing. We wanted to inform you that we will not be testing the Event end times feature during the Meet Rocket & Groot episode. The current plan is for PVE testing to occur in the episode following - around the first week in December.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options
    rixmith wrote:
    I'm seeing the same problem on Steam. My chat had been working, but with this afternoon's update it is now broken.

Thanks for the reports. We're looking into it.

*Update: With the new patch going in, encryption has now changed between the old and new versions. So, Chat history will have been wiped. Other than that, all else should be functioning normally and as expected. If you are seeing issues beyond Chat history disappearing please let us know. Thank you!
  • chris0001
    chris0001 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi,

Some players have voiced concerns about the potential timing of PVE Event end times testing. We wanted to inform you that we will not be testing the Event end times feature during the Meet Rocket & Groot episode. The current plan is for PVE testing to occur in the episode following - around the first week in December.

Any time frame for results of time slices for PVP's?